Enable Death:Is it worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anistec

Recruit
What i mean by that....if you enable it arent you gonna be facing a dead campaign after a while??like if Heroes die there will not be big armies on the map right??? etc etc...so is it even worth?

It is something to consider. All my vassal clans are 1-3 lords because I killed so many in battle when we were at war. It's okay though.
Hopefully they add functions to prevent the world from dying out in extra long games soon.
Bonus point if it works with games already started too.

I really like it to add some stakes to battles and combined with the houses of Calradia mod that adds AI marriage it's not making my world less populated since the AI marries and get new children to strenghten their clans.

I think the feature just needs some more work still (which doesnt?) Like maybe reducing a little the death chance or making it a bit less RNG with traits, level, age, armor etc counting to death chance.

Also the chance (even if greatly reduced) of death in AI x AI fights because now they only die in battle if you are part of it making the player a deathbringer or something like that lol

Last edited:
Game become little bit spicy with enabled death , but full potential unleash will be with iron man mode . Can't wait iron man mode. It's gonna be so fun to loose one single safe because of bug.:mrgreen:

Death is for me the best new feature in Bannerlord. It still needs polishing though.

you need mods that make the ai get married and have kids, like houses of calradia or ai marriage, and then yes death is fine, HOC will also prevent clans from going extinct by generating a new character to take over the clan.

Honestly, I always play with enable death, but I almost never see heroes dying in battle. I think there's a really low chance of death; also after a few hours I can see many big armies (like 1000+ soldiers) everywhere.

In 1.5.1 the death chance was only in player-controlled battles and it was quite high-- there was a weird effect where my allies and enemies specifically would be quickly depleted while the rest of the map, even at war, kept on living (except for old age issues)

Back
Top Bottom