Empire: Total War

Users who are viewing this thread

Apparently they might be implementing bagpipes, drums, flutes etc. in land battles. Could this mean units of drummer boys that you could burn to the ground with a flaming cannon ball?
That would be very... disturbing!

They would probably be the same way officers and banners are implemented in a Stainless Steel submod for M2 and the officers and banners for units in Rome.

I do not think that except naval battles it will be a disappoinment, I hope I will mistake but I do not think so... :???:

El Georgeo McFudge said:
Apparently they might be implementing bagpipes, drums, flutes etc. in land battles. Could this mean units of drummer boys that you could burn to the ground with a flaming cannon ball?
That would be very... disturbing!

War is hell.  Cossacks had this system in which you created a unit by adding an officer and a drummer, and you would indeed see drummers being blown up, sabred and shot.

Those of you that have MTWII kingdoms, might be interested in Banzai's AOR coloies expanded submod for stainless steel!

1-14.jpg

2-12.jpg

3-9.jpg

Redcoat-Mic you will love this: the English have a unit called: Sharpe's riflemen or sharpe's rifles (not sure)

EDIt: he also added Mortars and grape shot

And new animations for gun units, the renaisance musketeers are a lot more effective with his animations.

For the Spaniards here, during the renaisance there's an infantry unit called "Alatriste"

Temujin said:
Those of you that have MTWI kingdoms, might be interested in Banzai's AOR coloies expanded submod for stainless steel!

1-14.jpg

Redcoat-Mic you will love this: the English have a unit called: Sharpe's riflemen or sharpe's rifles (not sure)

And new animations for gun units, the renaisance musketeers are a lot more effective with his animations.

For the Spaniards here, during the renaisance there's an infantry unit called "Alatriste"

you know how unfair it is to tease us with such awesomeness but no link? where can i git! jesus christ that looks amazing!

manboy86 said:
Temujin said:
Those of you that have MTWI kingdoms, might be interested in Banzai's AOR coloies expanded submod for stainless steel!

1-14.jpg

you know how unfair it is to tease us with such awesomeness but no link? where can i git! jesus christ that looks amazing!

Well it's over at total war center

You need the stainless steel mod first wich you can find here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Afterwards you can go this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175571

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE THREADS CAREFULLY!

Some people experience problems with the install, (I was one of them) due to not reading carefully

Can't wait for it to come out, when it was first announced I was actually slightly upset due to the fact that they had just come out with medieval II not long ago but since they pushed it back to next year I can hope they will finish the game just right this time so they don't have to come out with many patches and we can all enjoy the epic battles of the 18th century.

Lets just hope it's not a vista exclusive though.  :roll:

they had just come out with medieval II not long ago

From what I remember, it was no sooner than when they announced RTW after MTW or M2TW after RTW. A new game every 2 years, with at least one expansion every other year. That's how they've operated for 8 years, so it seemed likely that they'd announce ETW when they did. The battles certainly won't be epic though, not unless they're going to allow us to control reinforcements.

Damn. Next-Gen is already passed, isn't it? I bought my laptop at Christmas, 2006. It could run Oblivion fairly well and I've had no real qualms with it- great frames with Rome Total-war aged games (my favs, these new games don't do anything for me). Still, My computer would struggle probably get 3 frames running that on full. I'd actually start crying if the game looked any good.

I like R:TW games, but I'm not much into the musket era. Its fun, but doesn't do anything for me really.

So are those massively awesome Musketeers are already in that submod or is that for later?
Right now I am seriously considering installing Kingdoms finally just to get that.

It looks great, but the AI would need some work to suit gunpowder battles. Before I started modding M&B I was working on a m2tw mod for the 18th century and it wasn't easy to get the AI to behave.

messenger said:
So are those massively awesome Musketeers are already in that submod or is that for later?
Right now I am seriously considering installing Kingdoms finally just to get that.

they are in the submod, but you need to have the event related to them happen, install the optionall late late campaign and start a late era campaign to start during the renaisance.

All western factions have pikemen halbediers mortars reiters etc..; grape shot! wich is one of the cooles things ever!

Anyone who doesn't have a awesome rig, Kingdoms, or prefers R:TW will be happy to know of:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154308

Napoleonic Total War.

Yes, I know, its probably been mentioned before, but I feel its my duty to share. I for one couldn't run and enjoy the Kingdoms mod.

Bump since there was a new topic started but thread locked. Looking forward to it, they're certainly talking the talk and I have to admit I'm pretty optimistic. I'm not impressed with the scale though, but then stated that it was their intention to make the soldiers more human rather than increase the scale.

I'm looking forward to painting the world Orange as the Dutch in my first campaign! Can't wait to take New Amsterdam back!

And I can't wait for my second campaign where I shall swarm America with redcoats after the first hint of revolutionary talk!

Back
Top Bottom