Elite vs Recruit

Users who are viewing this thread

I really think the unit and gear progression in the current state of the game could use a lot of tweaking. I don't feel like elite units nearly as strong as they ought to be, and I feel like trash tier units like looter or archers in melee are way too strong.

I'm currently wearing the absoute best armor I've been able to find, so as top tier as the game can provide, and 4-5 looters can easily kill me if I get stuck on a rock or something. I don't really feel like my defenses have progressed much since i started the character. Ontop of that I can't even invest in my health pool, beyond like 12% increase spread out between different skills.

This sadly also true for elite units. My army is basically all horse archers, and whether the enemy are trash tier footmen or elite knights, they all fall really quickly just the same.

In warband I'd have been able to face a horde of peasants with good melee skills and a few strong elite soldiers on foot... this in this we'd be slaughtered within seconds, Ithink that's a shame.

I'm not saying they're the same, high tier units hit a lot faster, but they're really squishy compared to what they should be imo

Last edited:
I am using javelins with sword and shield i don't have to much trouble get about 15-30 kills myself once hp get below half i turtle and stick behind troops. Also, I think shields are a must if strictly melee cause of archers mainly.

I really think the unit and gear progression in the current state of the game could use a lot of tweaking. I don't feel like elite units nearly as strong as they ought to be, and I feel like trash tier units like looter or archers in melee are way too strong.

I'm currently wearing the absoute best armor I've been able to find, so as top tier as the game can provide, and 4-5 looters can easily kill me if I get stuck on a rock or something. I don't really feel like my defenses have progressed much since i started the character. Ontop of that I can't even invest in my health pool, beyond like 12% increase spread out between different skills.

This sadly also true for elite units. My army is basically all horse archers, and whether the enemy are trash tier footmen or elite knights, they all fall really quickly just the same.

In warband I'd have been able to face a horde of peasants with good melee skills and a few strong elite soldiers on foot... this in this we'd be slaughtered within seconds, Ithink that's a shame.

I'm not saying they're the same, high tier units hit a lot faster, but they're really squishy compared to what they should be imo
I don't find this to be the case at all. I just fought a battle today with only 83 units versus 167 and won. Most of my units were Elite, and theirs were very low tier. I had a good mix of Archers and Infantry and 14 Calvary. Steamrolled them.
You say 4 or 5 looters kill you easily? I mean, that's good in my opinion. You're not a god, you're not supposed to be OP at all. Pick your targets well, be smart when you engage, and you'll survive. Otherwise you die.

I don't find this to be the case at all. I just fought a battle today with only 83 units versus 167 and won. Most of my units were Elite, and theirs were very low tier. I had a good mix of Archers and Infantry and 14 Calvary. Steamrolled them.
You say 4 or 5 looters kill you easily? I mean, that's good in my opinion. You're not a god, you're not supposed to be OP at all. Pick your targets well, be smart when you engage, and you'll survive. Otherwise you die.
do you play with all settings on realistic or do you have some 1/2 and 3/4 in there?

do you play with all settings on realistic or do you have some 1/2 and 3/4 in there?
All my settings are a mix of 1/2 and 3/4ths. I'm not a glutton for punishment. There's no reason to play on realistic in this current iteration of the game where you might lose your save at any point from patches. I'd rather enjoy the game.

All my settings are a mix of 1/2 and 3/4ths. I'm not a glutton for punishment. There's no reason to play on realistic in this current iteration of the game where you might lose your save at any point from patches. I'd rather enjoy the game.
if you dont play on realistic you can do whatever you want. with some armor you can even get almost immune to damage. if you have 40 armor on your chest, and someone hits you for 70 damage, you only take 1/2 damage and so your 40 armor blocks it completely. people on realistic lose 30 health.

and the same goes for your army. on top of that the npc armies dont know you have 1/2 and 3/4 and are almost immune to damage and will keep sending their armies into you thinking they can win, when in reality they will 100% lose. this breaks the game for me since you just faceroll the content.

I like that you aren't immune to most troops after getting decent armor like you were in Warband. There's a counter to everything now unlike how you could steamroll everything with Swadian Knights previously.

If you want to be closer to Warband, then it's lose cause, get trainers or cheat, make yourself god mode, then game would be much better and more fun, I do like warband better as it's designed more fun that way when you melee, bannerlord you had to be sissy and play like girl to win battle otherwise you reload game lot, unlike warband/mount and blade if death is on. Warband you can be manly, but bannerlord, you had to be sissy to win.

I'm sorry I havent replied till now.

I guess we're fundamentally in disagrement as to how these things should be balanced. In my opinion a high leveled character player or AI, should basically be a god vs low tier units... that's kinda part of the satisfaction of progression for me. I really enjoyed how you'd be able to destroy large groups of bandits with high skills and good gear in warband.. To me mount and blade isn't about realistic battle simulatino but rather an rpg with a battlefield mechanic if that makes sense... I want my little squad of elite guys taking on the world.. I really loved that about warband.

Not saying you're wrong for your preference of course, I can see where you're coming from, I just don't feel very capped progression fits mount and blade very well.

Back
Top Bottom