Effective ways to get reknown after v1.125

Users who are viewing this thread

hi, those of you who have payed attention to the changes and played a bit with the new patch may have noticed the new way the AI calculates army strength. Now higher level units are a lot more worth than before. It is also made harder to gain reknown at all. Before I knew of some good "tricks" to get yourself some reknown easily; winning tournaments, going solo or nearly solo on a decent band of looters and having a small group of elite units beat bigger armies. What I have noticed has changed to v1.125 is that smaller battles give almost no reknown and that a small group of ellite soldiers is considered a much more powerful army now, which leaves tournaments as the only effective way to gain reknown. Due to the fact that I am against massive tournament farming (repetitive and feels cheesy) I am left with no effective way of getting reknown. Reknown is as we all know very important for getting a lady and land and in the beginning of the game a vasselage.

So, I ask you (who has played v1.125 a bit more than me) got any effective ways of getting reknown you want to share?

I just fight battles, I've always found I have enough renown for whatever goal I might be going for. Just fight bandits, become a merc and fight lords, stuff like that.

Not much of a reknown income but you can ask your wife if there are any lords in your/the faction  argeuing with eachother. If you solve the fight you will get reknown.

I haven't noticed any renown changes from fighting battles, with sole exception to a bug that prevents renown gain for battles fought by a character that is lower than level 6. That bug can be a little frustrating if you're playing with a new character, since some of the early solo battles can actually get you quite the renown boost.

The best way to still get large chunks of renown for me (and mind that I play on wimpy settings :razz:) is to win when defenders sally out for a siege.  I believe now that they've fixed siege defenses, you can also get large renown numbers for defending against insane odds, but I haven't confirmed it yet.

Wheem said:
I haven't noticed any renown changes from fighting battles, with sole exception to a bug that prevents renown gain for battles fought by a character that is lower than level 6. That bug can be a little frustrating if you're playing with a new character, since some of the early solo battles can actually get you quite the renown boost.

+1

I'm still at like 10 fricking renown.. :sad:

My system only handle battlesize 70 or so, so it might be impossible with 150... But with ~70 Vaegir Knights, my companions and myself, I've been able to beat 500-man Nord armies... I swear that one battle series probably got me over 100 renown.

Archevious said:
Wheem said:

+1

I'm still at like 10 fricking renown.. :sad:
I should add that if any character in your party - whether it's yourself, a companion, or a generic soldier - is over level 6, you should gain renown as normal. Though, I didn't test to see what happens if all party members >= level 6 get taken out in the battle, or if you can gain renown if they're all unconscious from previous combat.

Wheem said:
with sole exception to a bug that prevents renown gain for battles fought by a character that is lower than level 6.

hmm, that explains why soloing looters in the beginning gives 0 reknown.

So now there are no "tricks" to get rediculous amounts, now its more natural and more realistic. One gets a suiteable amount of reknown for what one does, and after a while one has a lot. My character hasent gotten above level 6 yet, so this may be whats making me feel Im getting so little reknown :razz:

anyway, thaks for all the good replies.

Back
Top Bottom