Economy Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Having the hidden *artisans* workshop producing everything is counter-productive for bannerlord and more akin to warband market resets. Instead having more specialized workshops can be a very positively improved solution.

Food Supply problem in towns is very annoying, there are no mills to produce flour from grain and no bakery to produce bread from flour, no butchers to slaughter farm animals for meat, people consume like crazy and there is no subsistence. Lack of food negatively impacts prosperity and negative prosperity further impacts food supply. Only way to recover from this is to inject food to town yourself, which is temporary at best and requires constant monitoring of food status of towns.

Consumable goods are very limited. Calradians don't eat enough veggies if you ask me.

Consumable goods does not reflect different cultures. Having consumable goods like rice, apple, cidar, milk, and different types of cheeses can help this along while solving many economy issues at the same time.

If you ask me food should be produced by villages, and cities. Cities always have been (and still are) a gigantic mouth that eats up the production of all nearby rural lands, and there should be daily peasant wagons bringing up food to the city.. unless it's under siege, then the city should quickly starve, because a city is pretty much never self-sufficient in food-making.

+1. Totally agree.

Also, troops should consume more food. Maintaining an army on the move should be costly for both the player and AI.

Right now, food is treated as any other good - it comes in a 10kg bundles. ALL tradeable goods come in 10KG bundles, which is weird. To better balance food consumption, it should some in smaller bundles (1kg) and be produced in larger quantities.

If you ask me food should be produced by villages, and cities. Cities always have been (and still are) a gigantic mouth that eats up the production of all nearby rural lands, and there should be daily peasant wagons bringing up food to the city.. unless it's under siege, then the city should quickly starve, because a city is pretty much never self-sufficient in food-making.

That's why cities should have stockpiles.
You should be able to pay for merchants to bring in food to stock up if you're expecting a siege.

ACTUAL SIEGE MECHANICS.
Sieges actually lasting months!

IMMAGINE!

Losing prosperity because of lack of food, lack of food because of low prosperity is the indicator there needs to be something between them to break that loop.

I think building mills or maybe extra farms in villages like you said would be a good way to solve the problem by creating extra food.

But also building bakeries or distilleries, instead of creating extra food from nowhere(they can create some food, but not as much as a farm), should help with the prosperity because they're high quality luxury food. But it should not necessarily solve the food problem, so your people should still be happy enough to break out of that loop but still have to deal with starvation in case of a siege.

Different consumables (not necessarily all consumables but the same should go for fabric, leatherworking or metalworking too) for different cultures would be pretty cool. Every faction should have their own thing, spices for aserai, pure-bred horses for khuzait(expensive but not statistically that good), metal plates for vlandia. They don't have to have special uses other than being exclusive to their own faction.

+1 I also think that different cultures should have different consumption habits. For example Empire would need more Olive Oil than Sturgians, but sturgians would need more meat.
Calradians on constant risk of scurvy also bothers me.

But also building bakeries or distilleries, instead of creating extra food from nowhere(they can create some food, but not as much as a farm)
I don't think they need to create food from nowhere, because slaughterhouse should do that by slaughtering cows and other food animals to produce meat.

Perhaps an option to ban food sales to caravans temporarily in certain situations can help too.

I don't think they need to create food from nowhere, because slaughterhouse should do that by slaughtering cows and other food animals to produce meat.
Sure, you're right, what i meant to say is: some other forms of food production shouldn't increase the food amount but the quality of them instead.
Farms, slaughterhouses and mills are alright, they should increase the amount produced. But wine and beer are not exactly sustaining, but luxurious. They should keep people happy but shouldn't feed them. That was my point. It was just a detail i thought up.

Like, a bakery can make 100 breads but they're burnt like charcoal, another might make a nice cake but it would only feed one person.

It's not that important.

It's not that important.
Don't know about the cake, but I believe bread has been a very important food source for the lower classes. It is, was, very important.

I agree with your quality argument there, also towns should never be %100 self-sufficient in terms of food.

I'm more complaining about that workshop called artisans that produce everything instead of having many specialized workshops that would make each town unique. But instead we have the artisans and production in every town is absolutely same. The only difference is the production of connected villages. Without those, the towns are basically same. That is why i think we need more production options like flour and bread and whatever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom