SP - Battles & Sieges e1.5.8 Battle formation open field battles

Users who are viewing this thread

The new formation system is very good and I like it. However, as soon as I give an order to the whole party, the formation breaks down and the different units change to the positions they always have taken.

This is probably more of a suggestion than a bug, but given how well the new starting formation is set up, seems a shame to not be able to go F1 and then click to a new location and have the whole formation move while each troop type keeps their relative positions to each other.

Yes, it's annoying.
As an option, add the command to move forward while maintaining the formation and at the same speed (the speed of the slowest unit in the field) or correct the existing F1-F4 command (if I remember correctly)

that works with a shield wall and the advance command.

but i get your point and that is a good idea to maintain the formation also by commmand where to go

Something I'm noticing now, when, for instance, I move archers and I'm out numbered, they revert to a square tight formation, so I have to re-order them into a line and then loose formation to get them in proper position. I think there's an issue where the AI makes decisions about formation when making move orders instead of keeping the last formation ordered.

With regard to square and circle formations, these options would be much more useful if the player could control the size of the formation. Click a point, drag the mouse cursor to make the formation larger. Then we could have a square of infantry with a circle of archers inside for instance. If this is doable now, I don't seem to be using the right technique.

Back
Top Bottom