In Progress [e1.2.0] Performance 2080 RTX & i7-9700k

Users who are viewing this thread

AxiosXiphos

Sergeant Knight
I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much or if it is something I have done wrong on my end. I can't get a stable performance on this system - true I am using high graphics and larger battle sizes but from my understanding of what others have said - I should be able to cope with this on the 1.20 beta patch? Large battles (tested on custom) will dip down to 30-40fps during the large clashes - am I just expecting too much?

In addition I am getting %100+ usage on all 8 of my cores? This can't be right surely - even during big battle scenes?

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Battle sizes 750+
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: Beta 1.20
Computer Specs
:
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: I7- 9700k
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
People with less powerful builds than you are reporting playing 1000 man battles at 60 fps no lag after recent beta. Must be a problem from your end.

No, i talked today to 3 peoples in my real life, who plays it, and all have very bad performance since Version e1.1.0
We all have switched the army size to half of before yesterdays patch to have same conditions and performances like before.

No, i talked today to 3 peoples in my real life, who plays it, and all have very bad performance since Version e1.1.0
We all have switched the army size to half of before yesterdays patch to have same conditions and performances like before.
Have you tried the beta branch? That's the one everyone seems to be having better luck with - except me. Really not sure why it's not working for me so well...

Have you tried the beta branch? That's the one everyone seems to be having better luck with - except me. Really not sure why it's not working for me so well...
Thanks for the tip. I dont want the beta patch. I play now since today with 200 men army size and wait till next patch came out :smile:

I have the same processor as you with a 2070super and the performance is the same, very poor in large battles especially cavalry battles.
Single player siege is by far the worst even with lower troop counts, I'm sure it's to do with bugged ai pathing.
From what I have heard amd processors perform better for some reason.

I have the same processor as you with a 2070super and the performance is the same, very poor in large battles especially cavalry battles.
Single player siege is by far the worst even with lower troop counts, I'm sure it's to do with bugged ai pathing.
From what I have heard amd processors perform better for some reason.
Well that is sort of reassuring to hear - that does make sense from what I have heard elsewhere. Guess intel optimisation must be poor at the moment.. :sad:

People with less powerful builds than you are reporting playing 1000 man battles at 60 fps no lag after recent beta. Must be a problem from your end.

Stable 60+ fps with everything on very high and 1000 troop count? Custom battle and campaign and including sieges?

@ OP - have quite similar build, except 2070 instead of 2080 and experiencing the exact same. CPU bottleneck for now remains as the main problem IMO.

I would also suggest to do the following:
- turn off the sound enhancement in WIN 10
- turn off all overlays (Steam, geForce experience, WIN 10 gaming tab and recording)
- use Process Lasso or similar software and give Bannerlord high priority and all 8 cores affinity
- during gaming - Alt+Tab to Windows, open the Task Manager and find any resource boggling processes and kill them :wink:

- turn off all overlays (Steam, geForce experience, WIN 10 gaming tab and recording)
- use Process Lasso or similar software and give Bannerlord high priority and all 8 cores affinity
- during gaming - Alt+Tab to Windows, open the Task Manager and find any resource boggling processes and kill them :wink:

Thanks I'll give these a try - I mean its not exactly unplayable... but when you buy a new computer mostly for bannerlord its a little disappointing to get pretty mediocre performance.

In a way I'm sorry to hear you are having similar issues - but also relieved to see people with similar/the same system having the same issue - glad it's not just my setup thats wrong!

Marginally better - I mean... i can just knock the battlesize down to 750, turn off dynamic shadows and knock ragdolls down to 10 and it does work pretty damn well. So I can't realllyyy complain I guess.

Just annoying to have one of the latest CPU's and Graphics cards and not be able to utilise the best (or near best) settings.

Marginally better - I mean... i can just knock the battlesize down to 750, turn off dynamic shadows and knock ragdolls down to 10 and it does work pretty damn well. So I can't realllyyy complain I guess.

Just annoying to have one of the latest CPU's and Graphics cards and not be able to utilise the best (or near best) settings.
Know the feels, bro. I also bought new rig for Bannerlord only :smile: Fingers crossed the TW teams will get it up and running soon.

It's NOT on your end. That is poor information. People with pretty crappy PC's being able to play massive battles without crashes/bad lag is not normal while many with the best PC's possible can't even play the game. It's poor optimization, which TW games have suffered from forever. I crash so much it isn't even worth playing, so being able to play 750 man battles is pretty damn good right now dude.

Having performance issues myself, how is your disk usage looking while running the game? Both in battles and when just running around on the map?

It's NOT on your end. That is poor information. People with pretty crappy PC's being able to play massive battles without crashes/bad lag is not normal while many with the best PC's possible can't even play the game. It's poor optimization, which TW games have suffered from forever. I crash so much it isn't even worth playing, so being able to play 750 man battles is pretty damn good right now dude.
Cheers buddy - I was freaking out that maybe I'd ****ed up my overclocking...

Having performance issues myself, how is your disk usage looking while running the game? Both in battles and when just running around on the map?

Do you mean my CPU usage? Absolutely through the roof on battles. All 8 cores on 100%!!

PS - if you are overclocking, or your card came OC, the game has an issue with it. I would downclock back to whatever is normal for your card, doing so helped me avoid (many) crashes. It hasn't fixed the stutter and lag, but I've just put vsync on and capped it at 60 fps for the time being. The stress comes from the game jumping from 60ish fps to 100+ back and forth with wild variability. Capping your framerate should help with that. Half-sync (72 on a 144hz) is also working fairly well. As for the CPU's, they have multiple memory leaks and the game is depending a lot more on the CPU than GPU.

Back
Top Bottom