In Progress [e1.2.0] Performance 2080 RTX & i7-9700k

Users who are viewing this thread

PS - if you are overclocking, or your card came OC, the game has an issue with it. I would downclock back to whatever is normal for your card, doing so helped me avoid (many) crashes. It hasn't fixed the stutter and lag, but I've just put vsync on and capped it at 60 fps for the time being. The stress comes from the game jumping from 60ish fps to 100+ back and forth with wild variability. Capping your framerate should help with that. Half-sync (72 on a 144hz) is also working fairly well. As for the CPU's, they have multiple memory leaks and the game is depending a lot more on the CPU than GPU.
Hmm thats interesting - I don't really want to try and undo my OC if possible as it helps with other games and I think I've got it at a comfortable and stable setting at the moment... I will try V-Sync at some point but I don't feel it really helps. To be honest it's just the large battles are bottle-necking and my CPU is ramping up to 100% on all cores - no other games do this so i feel like it must be a problem with the game (I hope)...

PS - if you are overclocking, or your card came OC, the game has an issue with it. I would downclock back to whatever is normal for your card, doing so helped me avoid (many) crashes. It hasn't fixed the stutter and lag, but I've just put vsync on and capped it at 60 fps for the time being. The stress comes from the game jumping from 60ish fps to 100+ back and forth with wild variability. Capping your framerate should help with that. Half-sync (72 on a 144hz) is also working fairly well. As for the CPU's, they have multiple memory leaks and the game is depending a lot more on the CPU than GPU.

Hey - I just tried full v-sync and 60FPS cap. This seems to have really helped with the stress on the CPU which I'm really glad about. Now the CPU usage seems much more reasonable - only jumping to 100% for a few moments during the most intense scenes and then dropping back down as casualties mount. Previously it would run flat out literally at 100% through the entire battle which was causing me no end of worry for it's life expectancy if I play this alot.

So i can currently play at 750 battle size with highest graphic settings at a mostly stable 60FPS (haven't tried siege yet but that's it's own problem).
I do have to make a couple of sacrifices though. Dynamic shadows still drops my FPS by 10-15; which is really annoying as I don't really care for having super intensive shadows - but having none looks weird. If possible I'd love for them to add in a full 'static' mode which just gives every soldier a general shadow blur underneath them - that would be more then enough for me. I wouldn't notice the difference 95% of the time.

In addition I'm still playing with sound channels - turning it down does help but I find the lowest setting quite creepy in a large battle - sounds really off IMPO.

So overall it is very much playable... but still an intel i7-9700k is meant to be one of the newest and best everyday gaming CPU's (i'm not talking about the super ridiculous stuff) so it really should be able to do better then that. Hope this gets looked at as I'd like to at least have shadows in my game XD

I clean reinstalled the game and with Beta 1.2.0 it's a bit better. They are on the right track with the optimizations as far as I have seen. I understand your issues. My PC is high end, not the top ofcourse, but I also think the game underperforms considering the hardware.
Also, play on custom battles on Desert Maps, I want to see if you have this exponential fps boost that I do. (It's weird how a bunch of trees and vegetation can cause so much lag)

I clean reinstalled the game and with Beta 1.2.0 it's a bit better. They are on the right track with the optimizations as far as I have seen. I understand your issues. My PC is high end, not the top ofcourse, but I also think the game underperforms considering the hardware.
Also, play on custom battles on Desert Maps, I want to see if you have this exponential fps boost that I do. (It's weird how a bunch of trees and vegetation can cause so much lag)
It's rational that they do because they issue a bunch of draw calls to the cpu, possibly causing stuttering as well.

I have 4790k and 1080ti, which for all other games, runs max settings @ 2k resolution without any issues. That's why I think upgrading might not even be worth the money as it depends entirely on how well the game is optimized. I wouldn't hold my breath with dynamic shadows. They basically said the game depends a lot more on the CPU than GPU and that wouldn't change...kind of defeats the purpose of having a good GPU. Still trying to understand how people with significantly worse hardware are running 1,000 man battles without issues. Even on the latest and greatest hardware I'd consider 750 really good if it's running around 60 fps smoothly. That's a ton of units.

Upgraded from 2700 to 3800x. Also needed a mobo upgrade so the VRMs don't overheat. Still runs like ass lol, just a little better. I got duped. tricked. bamboozled.
I think I'll just wait for the EA to be over lol.

Upgraded from 2700 to 3800x. Also needed a mobo upgrade so the VRMs don't overheat. Still runs like ass lol, just a little better. I got duped. tricked. bamboozled.
I think I'll just wait for the EA to be over lol.
lol that's two great cpus you have there mate, imo it's kind of a pointless upgrade, eventhough the 3800x has better IPC than the 2700, i'd have gone with the 3900x for a real upgrade, but for games i doubt you'd need much more than the 3600.

Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. We are aware of the performance issues about the battles, it is not about your hardware setup. We are working hard to improve the performance for the big battles, especially the worst case which is when the two armies clash directly. With every patch, overall performance should get better. Hope you start having a nice gameplay experience as soon as possible.

Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. We are aware of the performance issues about the battles, it is not about your hardware setup. We are working hard to improve the performance for the big battles, especially the worst case which is when the two armies clash directly. With every patch, overall performance should get better. Hope you start having a nice gameplay experience as soon as possible.

Yes fix it as soon as possible please. When I play battles (= or >1000 men), there is always a lot of slowdowns. Especially during the fight (not at the beginning or the end of it). And sometimes the game crashes. It is so annoying that I stop playing Bannerlord. Of course I have tried everything to resolve the issue (including advises given in this thread and disabling nvlink), but nothing helps. I play on very high settings (everything at the max level), screen resolution is 3440x1440 at 120 Hz (native desktop resolution).Here are my PC specs:
i7 8086k OC 5 GHz
2 x RTX 2080 OC (nvlink)
32 GB RAM DDR4

Is it possible that devs give us the PC discription on which they test the game and play it smoothly on 1000 man battle size , so I can buy that particular pc...
Thanks
Regards

Yes fix it as soon as possible please. When I play battles (= or >1000 men), there is always a lot of slowdowns. Especially during the fight (not at the beginning or the end of it). And sometimes the game crashes. It is so annoying that I stop playing Bannerlord. Of course I have tried everything to resolve the issue (including advises given in this thread and disabling nvlink), but nothing helps. I play on very high settings (everything at the max level), screen resolution is 3440x1440 at 120 Hz (native desktop resolution).Here are my PC specs:
i7 8086k OC 5 GHz
2 x RTX 2080 OC (nvlink)
32 GB RAM DDR4

still the same performance issues on high-end PC with the last patch (beta version included): impossible to play my 1800 vs 1000 battle without big and frequent slowdowns on very high settings (+ number of corpses unlimited). So impossible to continue my campaign.

i've had memory leak problem since i think 1.2, after a bit of playing my ram would be at 100% despite having 8GB dedicated vRam and 12GB system ram. and this has resulted in stuttering and choppy game play. only fixed when i restart game or pc. frankly despite having an nvidia rtx 2060 super and i7 8 core processor i don't dare pushing my graphics settings past medium. now i auto set it to lowest every time it crashes and resets.
interestingly enough though, maybe due to my lower settings. my cpu has never pushed past 50% at any point while running the game. but ram however lol it seems i need 128G to have an uninterrupted gaming session of 2-3 hours.
and another issue i've noticed is with the damage report. somehow sometimes it takes a lot of processing power or something. there are times i'm in an arena 1v1 match, and i'm hitting someone with a spear on horse back, all settings on low, 2 moving units and 2 horses. but the frames drop to like 1/second when the hit connects. other times i'd be having 500 vs 500 battles and frames are smooth enough.

Back
Top Bottom