Dying in Hideout

Users who are viewing this thread

10Nazgul

Recruit
If yourcharacter dies when attacking a hideout, you get captured immediately, even if you still have your soldiers fighting and over 60 soldiers standing in front of their miserable hideout. This is extremely annoying because you will lose all of your men. I don't understand the mechanic. Maybe this can be changed to a retreat and the bandits have time to escape.

It happened to me yesterday night, I was also really surprised to be captured at the end, as I followed the fight from my soldiers' perspective and saw them kill all bandits.
maybe the mechanic is not quite working yet. I hope it is a real anomaly thats gonna get fixed in the end.

I agree completely; as far as I can tell, this is exactly how it plays out from Mount and Blade Warband. No improvement from 7 years of development. I was expecting to be able to pick who will join me in the attack and how many. It's strange considering the improvements they've added to sieges. Hoping to see some more improvements later in the game

In warband, didn't a failure mean that the bandits beat a hasty retreat?
I don't see why such a small thing needs such a massive penalty for failure. I could see them stealing some of your gold before running off, but taking your prisoner while your army and followers watch seems comical.

In warband, didn't a failure mean that the bandits beat a hasty retreat?
I don't see why such a small thing needs such a massive penalty for failure. I could see them stealing some of your gold before running off, but taking your prisoner while your army and followers watch seems comical.
No think it was the same. It makes no sense. I had 45 troops, went in with 8, got killed with only a few bandits left standing and I get captured losing all my troops? I guess they ain't loyal enough to stick around ?

Forest bandit are quite troublesome but try this the next time you do a hideout.
1.Archers fire at will/Infantry hold fire
2.Infantry shield wall
3.Follow/Charge

I think Forest bandits can be balanced when the AI knows how to use shields. From what I noticed, my shield troops don't seem to use their shield effectively. Like when I say charge they'll just run to the enemies without holding their shields. So the archers can pick them off one by one easily. This makes enemy archers super deadly. Once my troops understand how to use a shield, forest bandits should become easier.

Back
Top Bottom