MP Sci-Fi DUNE: THE BATTLE FOR ARRAKIS (Progress Update 01/20/2014)

Users who are viewing this thread

That is a good question. The problem is, I need to test that everything works in multiplayer, but I do not own the router I run my wireless off of. I asked if I could open a port on the router, and they pretty much acted like I had leprosy. So... I will need someone to host it for me.

If anyone is up to that task, we can set it up - but I would prefer to have someone who has experience in hosting, and is already prepared to do so, to take that job. :wink:

Also, I want to finish up a few things. I still need to add more sound effects. Some of the textures need redone. I am trying to come up with more ways to make money and heal (all prop-based). Adding little bits here and there. So far we have a tavern, weavery, and blacksmith's in Arrakeen. Plans to add a brewery are happening. It is coming along nicely.  :mrgreen:

Complete list of jobs and healing types (so far). Gambling is a wildcard, and can result in a loss or gain:

TRAINING
Interrogate Prisoner +$Variable ~ A man in a cage in the Harkonnen Lighter. If you hit him hard enough he screams. Very Salusa Secundis...
Combat Training +$Variable ~ Metal training dummies, each with three pairs of arms, to simulate high, medium, and low attacks. The harder you hit them the harder they spin.

WATER
Count Water +$50 ~ This is a staple at Sietch Tabr. And a secret...
Peddle Water +$50 ~ "Soo-Soo Sook!"

SMITHING
Make Daggers +$100 ~ So THAT'S where all these daggers came from...

FARMING AND TEXTILES
Grow Flax +$50
Spin Yarn +$50
Weave Cloth +$100
Dye Cloth +$100

HUNTING
Muad'Dib and Hawk ~ These little targets are for the purpose of making a little money hunting. Anyone seen injuring a Muad'Dib by a Fremen may incur their wrath, and they pay little. The hawk (there is one so far) on the other hand is a much harder to hit moving target, and pays well. Found in the deep desert.
Tan Hides +$100
Work Leather +$200
Mount Trophy +$300

THE SPICE
Mine Spice +$500
Fill Liquor Barrel +$350
Load Liquor Barrel +$250
Serve Spice Liquor +$150
Serve Spice Coffee +$150

ENTERTAINMENT
Sell Pleasure +$450
Perform On Stage +$400
Play Baliset +$300
Play Drum +$200
Gamble -$50 ~ May pay off as $0 (50% chance), $50 (35% chance), $100 (10% chance), $500 (4% chance) or $1000 (1% chance).

DUTIES
Stellar Cartography +$500
Inspire Soldiers +$400
Repair Ornithopter +$350
Guard Outpost +$250

HEALING
Buy Pleasure -$450
Drink Spice -$300
Take Semuta -$200
Drink Sapho Juice -$100
Drink Water Free

Something. A dune project never hurts.

n78h.jpg

That would be great, since I already know how the game looks server-side. If someone were to host it, I could check that it's consistent on the client-side too. Let me know! :grin:

Actually if it's half as good as you describe it I'd probably be willing to pay to have it professionally hosted on a 200 man server.

My offer stands. If you want this mod hosted just post here and I will pay to have the server set up and I will make you admin N0ught.

Back
Top Bottom