Dragon Banner Nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

RobbieRocket

Recruit
Hi there,
I read a thread here but my question was not answered so I'll lay out my issue (great game by the way).

I am trying to complete the Dragon Banner quest and make my own Kingdom. Arzagos and Istiana are giving me the runaround. I was with Southern Empire faction when I first tried to complete the quest. I had fiefs and wanted to create my own kingdom so I left the faction. Arzagos told me I didn't have a non-Empire settlement... so I assumed then I needed a non-Empire culture. Well, Southern Empire went to war with me and took everything and my cashflow went horribly too. I joined Sturgia and soon served them well being rewarded with (non-Empire culture) fiefs. I then tried to complete the quest. The quest told me to talk to the leader. The leader would take the scroll, but in Sturgia's name (and I would remain with them). There was no way I could leave Sturgia and keep my fiefs, in this way. So, I quit in the same way as I had done previously with Southern Empire. I was attacked all over the map and lost all my friends only to find I cannot take the quest further.
Istiana says I need to be a part of an Empire faction to create a new (presumably new-Empire) faction. While the in-game hint with Arzagos is "you should be ruling a kingdom of non-imperial culture". What now? Does that mean I have to rejoin either and Empire faction or non-Empire faction and then become the King/Emporer?

Help..... This was pretty confusing and now my main game is kind of a mess, roleplay wise and the amount of people after my blood...

PS. Thanks in advance for any help.

best way is to stay independent and take a fief for yourself, then go to one of them to claim banner, buit you need to be prepare...
it start's conspiracy quests, a lot of them, and on the end it will be a war, long one

Thanks! Actually I figured out the issue and it was that I needed to talk to a "governor". I read this but I confused governor and faction leader. It makes sense as you can only have a governor if you have a fief.
Now, all I have to do is survive the hatred and money drain .3 factions went to war me right away :sad:

Well, no one said making a kingdom from scratch was an easy task. Thank you for replying about the governor istead of faction leader. Might just save some other lost soul from regret and confusion

Hi there,
I read a thread here but my question was not answered so I'll lay out my issue (great game by the way).

I am trying to complete the Dragon Banner quest and make my own Kingdom. Arzagos and Istiana are giving me the runaround. I was with Southern Empire faction when I first tried to complete the quest. I had fiefs and wanted to create my own kingdom so I left the faction. Arzagos told me I didn't have a non-Empire settlement... so I assumed then I needed a non-Empire culture. Well, Southern Empire went to war with me and took everything and my cashflow went horribly too. I joined Sturgia and soon served them well being rewarded with (non-Empire culture) fiefs. I then tried to complete the quest. The quest told me to talk to the leader. The leader would take the scroll, but in Sturgia's name (and I would remain with them). There was no way I could leave Sturgia and keep my fiefs, in this way. So, I quit in the same way as I had done previously with Southern Empire. I was attacked all over the map and lost all my friends only to find I cannot take the quest further.
Istiana says I need to be a part of an Empire faction to create a new (presumably new-Empire) faction. While the in-game hint with Arzagos is "you should be ruling a kingdom of non-imperial culture". What now? Does that mean I have to rejoin either and Empire faction or non-Empire faction and then become the King/Emporer?

Help..... This was pretty confusing and now my main game is kind of a mess, roleplay wise and the amount of people after my blood...

PS. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hey,
I'm pretty new to the game (got about 60+ hours), though I am ahead of you a tad bit, so allow me to help:

Yes, in order to advance the dragon banner quest, you need to have an empire/non-empire culture settlemente (depends on who you want to support). After you get yourself a settlement, you have to choose if you want to support an existing Kingdom or create a new one, if you choose the latter option, you have the option of breaking the oath with the ruler of your faction, and then after talking to Arzagos or Istiana, you need to go to the Governor of your settlement, and proclaim your Kingdom (By the way, this requires Clan Tier 4 or above).

Sometime after you successfully create your Kingdom, and assuming you managed to befriend some lords in the map, it would be a good time to rally them by your side. My advice would be to focus on those who have fiefs, then declare war on the Kingdom you want to "steal" vassals from, then talk to them, so that they can come to your side and bring along their fiefs. By the time you accomplish that, a conspiracy will unfold planning to take your claim down. So in my gameplay, I began conquering the Empire as I decided to uphold an imperial claim. In order to do that, I needed to capture 13 empire-culture settlements, but when I managed to do that all the non-imperial nations declared war on me, and now I'm fighting on four fronts. Probably the best course of action is to conquer one settlement of the culture you want to claim, then start conquering the opposite culture before this conspiracy reach a point of no return, where all clans of the opposite culture declare war on you.

What I like to do when starting a new kingdom is try to do it without serving a lord as a vassal. It can be a lot harder in some ways. But it stops everyone declaring war on you when you rebel and win your freedom (while gaining fife's as a vassal Lord). If you do it independently without serving someone, you can choose the faction you want to take fife's from. I chose in my current playthrough Battania so a served a lord who was at war with them as a mercenary, crippled them. Then left the service of my employer after the war was over and declared war on Battania myself.

I then went around captureing all their Lords so they could not form big armies. Then I hit their remaining fife's to capture them for myself. Doing it this way means you can found your own kingdom without helping to make another kingdom powerful. Doing it this way can be a struggle if you don't have a fully upgraded army with a minimum of 150 troops, but it minimises how many enemies you make in the process.

On a side note, one thing I like doing while waring with a faction is prepare the friends I wish to recruit. I look at the encyclopedia and review the houses in each kingdom, then I choose a few I want to recruit for my future kingdom. Then while I serve as a mercenary I release all members of those houses after I defeat them in battle to increase my relationship with them. Then when I'm ready to found my own kingdom I recruit them.

Eg, when I took over Battania I conquered Dugayles (sorry if that's spelt wrong) and Marunath before getting my governer to declare me a independent kingdom (they only had Marunath, Dungalys and Cai Bensyth left by the time I declared war on them, the other kingdoms crushed them for me and the garrisons of the 2 I took where weak as a result). I made sure I had a minimum of 500k in the bank before declaring myself a independent kingdom. Then approached 2 of the houses in the Battania kingdom I wanted to recruit and recruited them (they cleaned out my bank account and left me with 100k 😂). The moment you get your first 2 vassals you are guaranteed a easier time.

Doing it this way can be harder in some ways but the experience you get makes other kingdoms less likely to declare war on you when you become independent.

Back
Top Bottom