[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I know that. My question is: Is there a way to keep playing exactly where I am in 3.9.1 (group, inventory, wealth, character, current faction status and relations) but on the new 3.9.2 patch? If not, I don't see likely that I'll play further versions, since I don't feel like playing the same mod from scratch several times.

dani26795 said:
Yes, I know that. My question is: Is there a way to keep playing exactly where I am in 3.9.1 (group, inventory, wealth, character, current faction status and relations) but on the new 3.9.2 patch? If not, I don't see likely that I'll play further versions, since I don't feel like playing the same mod from scratch several times.
sadly you can't. Things get really messed up if you use a 3.9.1 save on a 3.9.2 game.

dani26795 said:
Is there a way to keep playing exactly where I am in 3.9.1 (group, inventory, wealth, character, current faction status and relations) but on the new 3.9.2 patch?
dani26795 said:
No save compatible, huh...
You even know it yourself. What else "not savegame compatible" should mean in your opinion if not the fact that your saves from earlier versions cannot be used in v3.9.2?

Thanks for sharing the tool, I'll give it a try some time in the future when I don't have any active quest. If it doesn't work, then I'll just stick with 3.9.1, which is already very good and entertaining, so I'll still enjoy completing the game on that build anyways.

dani26795 said:
Thanks for sharing the tool, I'll give it a try some time in the future when I don't have any active quest. If it doesn't work, then I'll just stick with 3.9.1, which is already very good and entertaining, so I'll still enjoy completing the game on that build anyways.
No need to thank me. I quickly tested it to convert my own v3.9.1 save into v3.9.2 as I was curious. Well, there were too many problems right at the start:
- active quests were all removed
- some achievements got added to me once again, so some bonuses are now applied twice
- as I tried to continue, I quickly got 3 random events
- there was a warning that I don't have my own faction anymore and it got destroyed (while in the reports it was still going on and I kept all my fiefs too)
- my court became bugged as well, with message that I don't have any
- my minister (a companion) disappeared
- CKO trainer (Lethaldiran) sent to train disappeared as well (the companion mission report got reset)
- companion vassals lost their vassal status (they got a reset as well, although I still had my normal lords with me)
- these all happened in a matter of a couple secs. So there might be more stuff... :dead:

At least the items didn't morph though, as me and my companions kept all of our exact same equipment, along with their modifers remaining intact. Troops were all fine as well.

Anyways, you shouldn't use that tool for converting/exporting prolonged saves, scratch that (even though the tool claims to be usable for that too). I'll remove that part from my post above. You'll have to start a new game in v3.9.2, I'm sorry. But as you said, you can happily continue playing v3.9.1 in the meantime. It's still super fun and you don't miss out much content.

P.S.: Despite the above, I can confirm that a convert/export can still be done without much consequences when you are relatively at the start of the game, without much progress achieved (no kingdom, etc). For example, I once managed to fix a face corruption bug around day ~30 with this savegame editor/converter:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7013318.html#msg7013318

I wish to share with you as Pendor is without doubt best mod which I've played ever, is exactly what I have searched for some time which means challenging and brain demanding, thanks so much to devs for adding firearms and fix many things in new version :party: :party: :party:

Gorvex said:
dani26795 said:
No need to thank me. I quickly tested it to convert my own v3.9.1 save into v3.9.2 as I was curious. Well, there were too many problems right at the start:
- active quests were all removed
- some achievements got added to me once again, so some bonuses are now applied twice
- as I tried to continue, I quickly got 3 random events
- there was a warning that I don't have my own faction anymore and it got destroyed (while in the reports it was still going on and I kept all my fiefs too)
- my court became bugged as well, with message that I don't have any
- my minister (a companion) disappeared
- CKO trainer (Lethaldiran) sent to train disappeared as well (the companion mission report got reset)
- companion vassals lost their vassal status (they got a reset as well, although I still had my normal lords with me)
- these all happened in a matter of a couple secs. So there might be more stuff... :dead:

At least the items didn't morph though, as me and my companions kept all of our exact same equipment, along with their modifers remaining intact. Troops were all fine as well.

Anyways, you shouldn't use that tool for converting/exporting prolonged saves, scratch that (even though the tool claims to be usable for that too). I'll remove that part from my post above. You'll have to start a new game in v3.9.2, I'm sorry. But as you said, you can happily continue playing v3.9.1 in the meantime. It's still super fun and you don't miss out much content.

Ok, scratch using that tool then, haha, I'll just stick with 3.9.1 for now. Now what I wonder is if any future patches could end being compatible with 3.9 patches previous to 3.9.2 or if it would be way too much of a pain to achieve something like that.

dani26795 said:
Now what I wonder is if any future patches could end being compatible with 3.9 patches previous to 3.9.2 or if it would be way too much of a pain to achieve something like that.
The first problem inmediately starts with items. PoP has items sorted out by category within item_kinds1.txt. It is done so that they are easier to find for various testings and to be able to define item ranges for codes and scripts. Therefore, it's much more useful to be that way. But it has a disadvantage: whenever a new item gets added to that categorized list, it will push back the entry number of items after it. While troops and inventories possess items in form of those entry numbers. The result is item morphing, with modifiers getting messed up as well, since they are stored within the item slots (which slot is pointing towards another item now). And that is inevitably savegame incompatible. So it's 100% sure that further patches won't be save-compatible with v3.9.1 and before, as long as there was a new item added sometime between the two.

And there are many other things that can cause a save incompatibility...

I just wanted to tell that I absolutely love the new design of Barclay units (their names are better as well now), Veccavi Knights, the reworked Phoenix Helms and the new Immortal Helmets too! Kudos to you @Konrad for making those armors! :party: :wink:

v3.9.3 changelog said:
9. Missile speed (range) for all ranged weapons will be displayed.
That would definitely be a useful extra info, as I always had to switch windows between Morgh's and PoP to quickly check the missile speed of ranged weapons that I was planning to equip. And well, Warband in general doesn't like window-switching and may crash eventually... So thanks Konrad! :wink:

v3.9.3 changelog said:
- Overlapping sounds during Farmers encounter
- Guards in player (faction) fiefs will change according to selected culture
- Put your trusted rune armor on and go to speak with Clarissa of Pent
- Barclay "Sappers" are returning, Janissaries got promoted
Oh wow, thank you very much Konrad, these are looking awesome! I was looking forward to have Barclay Sappers back in a way, without the need to remove Barclay Janissaries, to have a little bigger Barclay troop tree. Speaking of which, will the latter be buffed a little then, and can it be renamed to a more "generic" troop (free of any specific culture), like Barclay Arquebusier?

Gorvex said:
v3.9.3 changelog said:
- Overlapping sounds during Farmers encounter
- Guards in player (faction) fiefs will change according to selected culture
- Put your trusted rune armor on and go to speak with Clarissa of Pent
- Barclay "Sappers" are returning, Janissaries got promoted
Oh wow, thank you very much Konrad, these are looking awesome! I was looking forward to have Barclay Sappers back in a way, without the need to remove Barclay Janissaries, to have a little bigger Barclay troop tree. Speaking of which, will the latter be buffed a little then, and can it be renamed to a more "generic" troop (free of any specific culture), like Barclay Arquebusier?
I would very much support the renaming, as Janissary is a specifically Ottoman term that has nothing in common with the pseudo-Iberian/Age-of-Sail-Explorers theme of Barclay.

King Edric said:
Mitchy did kinda said, on multiple occasions, that the name won't be changed.
I know and I remember it, but one can still hope for a change of mind :smile:. Putting aside the ottoman origin, and trying to think freely about the name, it still feels super off for me compared to the rest of the Barclay troop tree. Which are fine. For me, Barclay Janissary sounds like Barclay Valkyrie. Or Barclay Ghazi Dervish. You got the idea.

Gorvex said:
King Edric said:
Mitchy did kinda said, on multiple occasions, that the name won't be changed.
I know and I remember it, but one can still hope for a change of mind :smile:. Putting aside the ottoman origin, and trying to think freely about the name, it still feels super off for me compared to the rest of the Barclay troop tree. Which are fine. For me, Barclay Janissary sounds like Barclay Valkyrie. Or Barclay Ghazi Dervish. You got the idea.

It might help to think of Barclay as a nation that adopts new words all the time (like english does). Perhaps they fought an enemy who employed janissaries and just copied them while keeping the name.

v3.9.3 changelog said:
1. Barclay Arquebusier (former Janissary) got promoted - ranged killing potential equal to Mettenheim Heavy Crossbow; upgradeable from Barclay Balestra
Yaaay, thank you so much! And Barclay "Sappers" made a comeback indeed. Much better! :party: :mrgreen: :party:

Back
Top Bottom