Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Just so you know, Vornne never said it was a RP mod.  PW4 , was designed as open world comprised with advanced castle war, crafting, and ressources harvesting.

Please quote us a single Vornne message telling us otherwise.

The fact that server want to "enforce" RP is secondary, especially since people actually don't want/know  RP for a majority of them. They mainly want epic sandbox action and domination trought faction power.

Aldric said:
- The people (100+ players) actually handle themselves to play around a terrible economic system and no admin. They seems to have organized a society on their own without the admin having to meddle in. Of course, everyone is armed and have some sort of ranged gun or melee weapon
That should give us some clues.
But but but I thought if there were no free weapons in masses on a huge free market we would all just be bored and sit in the tavern doing nuthing!

Oh wait it was you who thought that :razz:

This mod is quality, but requires a few key balances to existing things.
I've only been playing as an indian, called Boo Jum

The Old Musket is pretty much the best melee weapon around, it's relatively very long, blunt and does good damage. The same goes for all the different un-bayonetted weapons.

The Bayonetted muskets only have one attack direction, and against even mediocre players they're nearly entirely useless. They should be given an overhead, in my opinion.

The Indians could do with more melee weapon buffs, or at least longer weapons. A few daggers, spears and different sorts of bows would be good.

The infantry sword is very powerful at the moment and is as fast as most small weapons the indians have, and with similar damage and far better reach.

Lastly, although it is a heart-wrench for me to say, I think the native troops should have two different classes for archery and for throwing. I also think that the accuracy for both could be reduced, and that the bow arrow drop is ridiculous and should be faster/more powerful.

SlavicFox said:
That unofficial server is full or rdm. i wouldn't recommend going to it.  :neutral:

I've asked them multiple times to shut it down, since I can't bear to watch people playing the mod with such horrid administration, however they refuse each time.

Current Changelog for PF_BETA2, feel free to comment

1. Fix the Health Bug
2. Make it so you can upstab with the Bayonetted Musket ( Use the same animation as the Musket Stock since it can down and upstab )
3. Reduce the speed of attack for the Infantry Sword
4. Re-Add the music, do whatever you did when it used to work
5. Increase the price for the Wood block by 300 and make the sell price 250
6. Increase the price of the Branch by 300 and make the sell price 250
7. All unlimited stock items can not be sold back, you need to make them sellable.
8. Reduce the crafting time for all craftables by half.
9. Re-Add the default PW name labels but make it so you need to be within 5 feet to see them
10. Make the Blunderbuss useable on horseback
11. Increase the price of iron to 600 and make the sell price 500
12. Make the Crafting Refund for Rifles 2500
13. Give Colonists more CrossBow (Firearm Accuracy) Skill
14. Increase the Accuracy for the Old Musket
15. The Mace does not have a knockdown, you need to give it a knockdown.
16. Make the Rifle a bit slower in melee since it's really long.
17. Reduce the price of a rifle to 3500 gold
18. Reduce the price of the Donkey to 1000 gold
19. Increase the Accuracy of the rifle by 2 points

I do not know whether this was intended or not but I was killed by a native with one hit from the military musket and I was at full health. I honestly think only the soldier classes should be able to use the military musket and I thought I read somewhere that was how it was planned to be?

Austro said:
While you're at it, can you nerf the damage entirely? It's a two-hit kill most of the time, whereas a bayonetted musket took me up to 3 stabs to kill an Indian.

warhamer said:
As an outlaw an Indian killed me with one hit and your telling me it took you three? That sounds very overpowered.

Outlaw have about the same HP as the colonists, they are starved ruffians, not as tough as solider.
Indian are quite effective in close combat but i'm reworking the stats atm, i will reduce their firearms skills greatly so they don't shoot so effectively as euros

Think if you guys make it should make the strength requirement high enough so that only line infantry or higher can use the military musket or better yet for all the military weapons. Kinda makes sense that the military faction has its own weapons that others can't use.

Austro said:
SlavicFox said:
That unofficial server is full or rdm. i wouldn't recommend going to it.  :neutral:

I've asked them multiple times to shut it down, since I can't bear to watch people playing the mod with such horrid administration, however they refuse each time.

Current Changelog for PF_BETA2, feel free to comment

1. Fix the Health Bug
2. Make it so you can upstab with the Bayonetted Musket ( Use the same animation as the Musket Stock since it can down and upstab )
3. Reduce the speed of attack for the Infantry Sword
4. Re-Add the music, do whatever you did when it used to work
5. Increase the price for the Wood block by 300 and make the sell price 250
6. Increase the price of the Branch by 300 and make the sell price 250
7. All unlimited stock items can not be sold back, you need to make them sellable.
8. Reduce the crafting time for all craftables by half.
9. Re-Add the default PW name labels but make it so you need to be within 5 feet to see them
10. Make the Blunderbuss useable on horseback
11. Increase the price of iron to 600 and make the sell price 500
12. Make the Crafting Refund for Rifles 2500
13. Give Colonists more CrossBow (Firearm Accuracy) Skill
14. Increase the Accuracy for the Old Musket
15. The Mace does not have a knockdown, you need to give it a knockdown.
17. Reduce the price of a rifle to 3500 gold
18. Reduce the price of the Donkey to 1000 gold
19. Increase the Accuracy of the rifle by 2 points

If you're wondering why it says "you" that's because this is the list he is sending me.

warhamer said:
Think if you guys make it should make the strength requirement high enough so that only line infantry or higher can use the military musket or better yet for all the military weapons. Kinda makes sense that the military faction has its own weapons that others can't use.
Meh, the colonists can use the guns if they got their hands on. All musket share about the same design.

Natives were also not trained or drilled in near the same manner as Colonials or Europeans.

Which translated to a lower rate of fire and a poorer quality of maintenance in those weapons - many tools specifically designed to clean those rifles and muskets were not readily available among the native population, leading to misfires - and in this instance, I'm sure that a slightly lower accuracy can be substituted.

If natives get stronger bows the damage will be able to 1 hit people I could die from 2-3 arrows which isn't hard to do if you can aim.

Fix the animation with the muskets so you're not holding like a two hander. Also have it so you're holding it with two hands instead of one when you're running.

Back
Top Bottom