SP - General Don't fix what's not broken!

Users who are viewing this thread

LordCesare

Recruit
1.2.0's caravan nerf is totally a mess.

Yes pottery shop and caravan are slightly op, but are they so op to a point that effect the enjoyment of the game?
No!

There are far more pressing issues, here are few example

1.Most of the perks don't work.(And what's the point giving player governor perks? IT DOESN'T APPLY ANYWAY)
2.I've been waiting for ages for earning trade experience through operating caravan(it will be helpful to get the perk that gives elite caravan guard to deal with the now more aggressive bandit right?)
3.Heavy Cavalry are too weak to a point there's no point getting it, missile unit with the same cost would be FAR more effective. (Men don't get knock down by heavily armored horse at all.... It's more dangerous for the heavy cavalry than the one getting charged at, even it's only tier 1 infantry)
4.Managing town food supply is almost impossible. Sure you can buy it from other place to supply yours, but it would only get bought out by AI's anyway. (Making it manageable would certainly makes fiefs more attractive than caravan or shops right?)
5.Feast! Give AI lords something to do other than constantly waging war

So, do caravans and shops need tweaks?
Absolutely!
I would LOVE to set a shop based on the surrounding villages production to maximize the profit!(Simply buy pottery everywhere isn't fun indeed)
And I would LOVE to manage a balance of more secure caravan or more profitable caravan.(Give player a choice of how much money to spend on guards, think about deploying more guards in war time, and less in peace time)

But, do we need to tweak them now?
HELL NO!
It's FAR more likely to cause more problem than doing any good to balance this kind of issue.
You guys would likely spend a week to fix the mess you made in this patch,
Imagine how many improvements you could do if you don't have such mess at your hand?

A appreciate your hard work, but it wouldn't matter if you use your effort on wrong direction.

Pottery shops are not OP the only issue i can see with them is they make good money regardless of where u opened one.
My brewery in Sanala makes way more than my pottery shop in Pen Cannoc as it has 3 villages supplying grain and is a filthy rich city.

i agree the economy should be one of the last things their worried about. fix the other aspects of the game such as something to keep looters at bay, make hideouts not horribly unfair or boring(mod turns it into f1, f3 and snooze for 5 minutes), like you said too everyone is at war consonantly, so you can pretty much join any army at clan teir 1 go on a raiding spree and get like $100k. adding feasts as a influence sink may help a little. as snowballing factions always get the senate law that gives 8+ influence,gather an excess of 3000+ and send 1000 stack after 1000 stack at your cities.
also sturgia needs massive help, those t3, ulfs and calv are really bad.

all this change did is shatter the economy, every city is broke and starving. that extra 2k wasn't much compared to the 50k i could get in loot from 15 minutes of raiding. or 6k from a handful of castles

Last edited:
I don't think Caravans were OP at all. Passive income should at least cover passive costs. Income from battles should be what goes towards upgrading castles and equipment. I required several caravans, fiefs, and workshops to pay the passive costs of my armies and garrisoned troops. Now I have to cut back because my caravans keep getting destroyed. Passive income needs a serious buff.

Agreed. Some people might want to just play factionless and won't have fiefs or Lord party tier loot to rely on. These changes only make such a playstyle even harder to have fun with.

Exactly. I can't get why they want to ruin things so badly. Limit to One caravan x character ad let everything as It used to be. Hope to see this reverted of the evening patch.

Agreed. Now my world is broken. The economy has collapsed and now I don't wanna play this game anymore.
It's remarkable how badly they messed it up. All the towns have gone bankrupt, I can't sell anything unless I buy something first because they have no money.

@mexxico - I know that you may not have control over all the stuff I'm going to mention but only most of it(I'm unsure), perhaps you could share it with whoever has power over the perks or other stuff that you may not have access to.

My personal thoughts over Caravans and some perks with trade that affected them:

·The Gold income nerf was something necesary however this gold was almost useless, the 3-4k income that you earned from caravans was useless in the long term, allow us to do something with the gold out of equipment/settlement progress speed-up or barters. (My biggest concern is not being able to waste the money in larger mercenary stacks(troops for my own party), we should have the option to buy troops somewhere, very expensive compared to normal recruitment or tavern recruitment, but larger scale(Stacks of 20 or 30 level 11 or 16 for 45k or 75k) or even Elite troops(Stacks of 15-20 level 21 or 26 for 125k or 175k).

·Caravans seem very vulnerable now, even way too much, I did read the reasoning by Mexxico/devs, While I understand it and actually agree, you nerfed them to a point where risk doesn't match Reward. Give us some perks to increase by 5(Trade perk choice) the size of the caravan, once you apply the perk you can pay 5000 to add 5 party size, max 3 times.

Also one of the biggest issues of caravans(why they were never destroyed) is their actual map movement speed. They just avoided any lord or large bandit party. Nerf it, boost briefly their party size in the method i've mentioned, increase slightly the income(not 1000 per caravan like before, but 600 would be fine considering the wage and the fact they can get destroyed) and they would be extremely well balanced and useful if you care about them enough.

Not all fixes is a fix. Everything gone bad will get fixed.
There are many programmers working on the game, and everyone can't work on the same problem.
Why don't all of you who strongly disagree with the development of this game, please find something else to do until the game progresses through EARLY ACCESS? You should also try to put together your own team of programmers, designers and artists and make a better game, as it sounds like you think you are a much better team leader than those working at Taleworlds.

There are many programmers working on the game, and everyone can't work on the same problem.
Why don't all of you who strongly disagree with the development of this game, please find something else to do until the game progresses through EARLY ACCESS? You should also try to put together your own team of programmers, designers and artists and make a better game, as it sounds like you think you are a much better team leader than those working at Taleworlds.

So you want only yes men to play this game because the game is in early access?

NO ONE IS TRYING TO SHOW THEY ARE BETTER THAN TALEWORLDS, THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

We are giving honest feedback to the devs, so they can adjust their direction.

If there's only guy like you playing the game, no problem will get fixed.

I see you reply to multiple thread saying everyone should shut up because this is early access..................

OK, if we ALL shut up, and only you can provide feed back, then Taleworlds would only think that this patch is great,
every mistake they make is good job.

Your argument is insane.

giphy.gif

its weird because i lost caravans before this tweak and had to pay another 15k+the payment time to set em up each time they did but sure its necessary to get the cheesers in line but can agree that they need to focus on better stuff at the moment

Last edited:
I was enjoying smithing as a help to my income, literally the night before the next patch that changed trading prices of steel, I had taken the fine steel perk, thinking my money worries were over when it came to smithing. Alas. Unreasonably nerfed.
I see this happen so often in game patches, where someone complains and all that needs doing is a tweak, but they hit it with a hammer instead and break it.

"Don't fix what's not broken!"

ah yes, here we have the call of the greater spotted person-who-doesn't-understand-how-development-works. look at him in his natural habitat, a house made of sticks and rocks, a simple but effective shelter that his family hasn't thought to change for thousands of years because it isn't broken.

I was enjoying smithing as a help to my income, literally the night before the next patch that changed trading prices of steel, I had taken the fine steel perk, thinking my money worries were over when it came to smithing. Alas. Unreasonably nerfed.
I see this happen so often in game patches, where someone complains and all that needs doing is a tweak, but they hit it with a hammer instead and break it.

well its more balanced towards actually smithing the weapons as a profit. Stíll things to adjust though

I see you reply to multiple thread saying everyone should shut up because this is early access..................

OK, if we ALL shut up, and only you can provide feed back, then Taleworlds would only think that this patch is great,
every mistake they make is good job.

Your argument is insane.

I dunno. I don't think people should shut up. But, I think people should temper their complaints and take into account that it is EA and it will not always work the way it will in the end. People on both ends get way to excited about each release and need to chill. Voice your reservations in the proper forums, provide suggestions on what can be improved/what needs to be fixed, and, most importantly, RELAX. It will get where it needs to go. Throwing a tantrum is neither constructive or worth the devs time to address.

Back
Top Bottom