Donavons Provincial Rifle Corps/Militia(North American)Looking for Drill Sgt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

FUBAR!!!

Sergeant at Arms
Welcome to Donavans Provincial Rifle corps/Militia!
10.png

Organized as light infantry but armed with rifles rather than smoothbore muskets, riflemen have every right to see themselves as elite. Chosen for initiative and intelligence, they do not need close supervision by their officers. These crack shots are trained for ranged combat and will be found wanting if they engage in melee. At their best in cover, their loose formation makes them a tough target for line infantry, and their uniforms allow them to blend into the landscape as they stalk their human prey.

HF_95th_2.jpg

During the Napoleonic Wars skirmishers played a key role in battles, attempting to disrupt the main enemy force by firing into their close-packed ranks and by preventing enemy skirmishers from doing the same to friendly troops. As the skirmishers generally fought in open order they could take cover behind trees, houses, towers and other obstacles and as such were harder targets to hit with small arms and artillery fire, though this made them very vulnerable to cavalry. While muskets were the predominant weapon at the time, the British Army experimented with rifles which though slower to reload were more accurate and had a longer range of effective fire. In the American theater, American riflemen again contributed to British casualties but now had to contend with revised British light infantry tactics.
A feature of these wars was a trend to training line troops to adopt tactics that until then had been used only by skirmishers.

regiment.jpg

We are a North American Regiment! Looking for skilled and new North American players!

Teamspeak Info: Address:ts.22nd.eu Port:9987
                          Address:teamspeakbravo.militarygamers.com Port:9988

Roster 1st.Platoon

Captain: Donavan              (Capt)
Trumpeter:                          (Trum)
Drill Sgt:                              (Sgt)
Rifleman: Shorehire            (Rifle)
Rifleman: Bernie                  (Rifle)
Rifleman: Geredis                (Rifle)
Rifleman: Derek                  (Rifle)
Rifleman:                            (Rifle)

Undecided: QuackAttack

(6 members)

*Looking for drill Sergeant*

Rules:
1.No team killing!
2.No disrespecting other regiments!
3.Listen to Captain Donavan!

Fill out this form to join.
1. In game name:
2. Age:
3. Country:
4. Do you have steam:
5. Do you have team speak:
6. skill level 1-10:
7. Do you speak English:

Tag: 1st_PRC_Rank_Name

Trainings: To be established.

Thank you for visiting Donavon's Rifle Corps/Militia! Have a nice day!

Good news everyone! we are going to participate in Fridays line battle! 8:30 EST be on teamspeak  :wink:

I'd be inerested in joining in in.

Additionally, if you require someone to help officiate things in the way of training, I've a fair bit of experience in training people in other simulation environments, as well as intimate familiarity with period light infantry drill up to the company level.

1. In game name: Geredis
2. Age: 21
3. Country: United States
4. Do you have steam: Yes
5. Do you have team speak: Yes
6. skill level 1-10: 4
7. Do you speak English: First and only

Geredis said:
I'd be inerested in joining in in.

Additionally, if you require someone to help officiate things in the way of training, I've a fair bit of experience in training people in other simulation environments, as well as intimate familiarity with period light infantry drill up to the company level.

1. In game name: Geredis
2. Age: 21
3. Country: United States
4. Do you have steam: Yes
5. Do you have team speak: Yes
6. skill level 1-10: 4
7. Do you speak English: First and only

yes you are defiantly accepted we will be participating in this Fridays event as the skirmishers.
Can i have your steam name? so i can contact you faster.

Geredis said:
PM sent with that info.
good its great to have you in the group, we are still very new to the regiment scene so we will have to wait a few more days to get a large skirmisher force going. But even if we don't have enough men we could still merge with the RR guys for the event i'd have to say playing as the militia was one of the best events i ever went to! :wink: 

Drill Sgt position open!! anyone with a good knowledge of skirmish tactics should apply  :smile: even people that are already in the regiment can apply!

Im interested in organizing events on weekends slightly different from LBs, Perhaps we could call them skirmishes, involving light and rifle troops without restrictions to number (and all other branches welcome) We could concentrate on scouting, skirmishing, etc, and with a large number of rifle armed troops in skirmish order, the rounds wont be over in 5 minutes either!

Might you have any interest in that? I am captain of the Freikorps Jaegers. PM me or write me at [email protected].

PS, when we will see a 1755 mod server? Im ready to go ranger any time!

gcbisset said:
Im interested in organizing events on weekends slightly different from LBs, Perhaps we could call them skirmishes, involving light and rifle troops without restrictions to number (and all other branches welcome) We could concentrate on scouting, skirmishing, etc, and with a large number of rifle armed troops in skirmish order, the rounds wont be over in 5 minutes either!

Might you have any interest in that? I am captain of the Freikorps Jaegers. PM me or write me at [email protected].

PS, when we will see a 1755 mod server? Im ready to go ranger any time!

ok sure our regiment is definitely interested.

Thats great! Right now I am trying to straighten out my internet connection, but perhaps in a week we can try something.  In the meantime, what is the best time for you on the weekend? Keep in mind the earlier, the more Europeans we can draw in.

I may be able to help you with your training, if you like. I can send you a copy of my drill manual for Jaegers if you tell me where to send it. And we could attend each others trainings for a bit.

Also, perhaps we can team up at some LBs if you like in the rifles section. We are well connected with the admins, etc.

George

I should mention were in all the saturday LBs at 2 pm edt. Just come to the FK Jaeger channel prior to that.

gcbisset said:
I should mention were in all the saturday LBs at 2 pm edt. Just come to the FK Jaeger channel prior to that.
sounds good so far we are only in Friday line battles, but Saturday can work as well :smile:

Back
Top Bottom