Does watching Game of Thrones get anyone else very excited for bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well Viking Conquest used Vikings show's hype to launch the DLC, everyone wanted to play as Vikings. Now game of throne is one of the few successful shows with medieval setting, it does draw people to this kind of games, maybe releasing a medieval game the same time the show starts airing again its not a bad idea

I'm interested to see how the clan system works in regards to internal politics of a faction. WB fell a little short in this regard, but I think the clans could bring a more "GoT" style of internal politics to BL. Otherwise, there isn't really very much overlap between the two other than both being set in a general 'medieval' setting.

NPC99 said:
Hopefully, Bannerlord can do GOT justice. Custom skeletons should enable dragons, but will we be able to get them flying in a mod? Everything I've seen so far suggests agents are auto-grounded.
There's geese in the game so I'd be surprised if there wasn't an aerial AI system. They could make the geese completely stationary, but at this point, why bother making a bird if it can't fly? With the inclusion of dogs too, which will need a different movement system than horses and humans obviously, I'm guessing that different movement systems for different animals will be present in the game.

Edit: Just remembered that flying birds don't necessarily need an aerial AI system, they could just fly in a set trajectory indefinitely without the need for one. Anyway, here's hoping dragons can still be modded in.

Phalnax811 said:
No because that show is boring and poorly created and I don't expect Bannerlord to be that.
Sir, I must stop you right there.
Seasons 1-4 are absolute top tier television.
Although I will say that seasons 5-7 are pretty bad, bordering on terrible.

Noudelle said:
NPC99 said:
Hopefully, Bannerlord can do GOT justice. Custom skeletons should enable dragons, but will we be able to get them flying in a mod? Everything I've seen so far suggests agents are auto-grounded.
There's geese in the game so I'd be surprised if there wasn't an aerial AI system. They could make the geese completely stationary, but at this point, why bother making a bird if it can't fly? With the inclusion of dogs too, which will need a different movement system than horses and humans obviously, I'm guessing that different movement systems for different animals will be present in the game.

Edit: Just remembered that flying birds don't necessarily need an aerial AI system, they could just fly in a set trajectory indefinitely without the need for one. Anyway, here's hoping dragons can still be modded in.

What exactly would a dragon do in a Bannerlord mod? Remember that it would have to be programmed to perform actions and then balanced for gameplay.

BayBear said:
Noudelle said:
NPC99 said:

What exactly would a dragon do in a Bannerlord mod? Remember that it would have to be programmed to perform actions and then balanced for gameplay.
You mean a Bannerlord Game of Thrones mod? I am aware that balancing the combat effectiveness of a dragon might be difficult, but that's kind of an insignificant detail in my view. For me, the appeal of a dragon in Bannerlord would be more about the achievement of it actually being modded in which, even with the supposed very extensive mod tools we're going to get, will still undoubtedly be a very difficult task.
Also, it's not like dragons are everywhere in the GoT universe. So it's not like they're going to be consistent part of the gameplay that need to constantly be acounted for in balance. The way I see it, they should be more of a novelty unit that are very, very rare and difficult to acquire so that when you do get one you can have a bit of fun.

Noudelle said:
Phalnax811 said:
No because that show is boring and poorly created and I don't expect Bannerlord to be that.
Sir, I must stop you right there.
Seasons 1-4 are absolute top tier television.
Although I will say that seasons 5-7 are pretty bad, bordering on terrible.
Yeah pretty much this. Once the show got past the books it has become bad, really bad, now I have to finish it anyways

Noudelle said:
BayBear said:
Noudelle said:
NPC99 said:

You mean a Bannerlord Game of Thrones mod? I am aware that balancing the combat effectiveness of a dragon might be difficult, but that's kind of an insignificant detail in my view. For me, the appeal of a dragon in Bannerlord would be more about the achievement of it actually being modded in which, even with the supposed very extensive mod tools we're going to get, will still undoubtedly be a very difficult task.
Also, it's not like dragons are everywhere in the GoT universe. So it's not like they're going to be consistent part of the gameplay that need to constantly be acounted for in balance. The way I see it, they should be more of a novelty unit that are very, very rare and difficult to acquire so that when you do get one you can have a bit of fun.

You answered one of my concerns but not the question. What exactly would a dragon do?

Back
Top Bottom