Does TW gets more of my money if I buy it in their store, not on steam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Title sais it. Is there any difference, or steam will get its cut anyways?
I just want to support TaleWorlds with the entire price I pay, if possible.

Thanks.

I'll never understand this weird obsession with giving taleworlds an extra 15 bucks. They're a business, not a charity case. Mail them a cheque if you want them to have your money that bad.

I'll never understand this weird obsession with giving taleworlds an extra 15 bucks. They're a business, not a charity case. Mail them a cheque if you want them to have your money that bad.
15 dollars is as little as 50, the trick is to sell a lot of copies. The same with this, individual action may seem insignificant but if many do it, it is not.

It's just weird. They're a successful game company, not your neighbour that runs a struggling local business.
You're underestimating the power of numbers.
If you have 10 employees who get paid 50k/year. That's 500k. For 10 years that would cost the small company 5 million. If the game cost 1 dollar and 1 million people buy it they get 1 million dollars. That extra $15 will go a long ways.

You're underestimating the power of numbers.
If you have 10 employees who get paid 50k/year. That's 500k. For 10 years that would cost the small company 5 million. If the game cost 1 dollar and 1 million people buy it they get 1 million dollars. That extra $15 will go a long ways.
That's what I like to call their problem. I'll be buying it on steam as that's what's most convenient for me.

surely though taleworlds have to still pay for the steam keys is all im saying

They do not, Steam lets devs generate as many keys as they want to sell on their own stores, I believe it depends on the dev and how successful they have been on the platform already, but given Warband sold like hotcakes I'm certain TW qualifies.

Also, even though I'd love to support them fully, given the current Dollar exchange rates down here at the moment, a direct conversion (by buying it in USD at their store) would make the price prohibitive... Steam allows for regional pricing and TW has been really fair with it so far, and times are tough.. so I'll probably get from steam because of that.

Last edited:
That's what I like to call their problem. I'll be buying it on steam as that's what's most convenient for me.

Yeah pretty much. If selling on Steam was so detrimental to the company then they wouldn't even bother putting it up there.
Steam is the choice for me.

Let's suppose they sell one million copies.

Let's suppose 100,000 of those buy from Taleworlds directly.

That's an extra $1.5 million dollars to Taleworlds.

If 500,000 buy from Taleworlds, that's $7.5 million extra dollars to Taleworlds.

That's not charity, that's profit. Profit they quite deserve, mind you. That said, Steam is still a perfectly viable choice. They made the decision to sell on Steam, so they're willing to accept the profit cut for the exposure and all the other benefits of being on Steam. I'm just saying, it's perfectly reasonable, if you want to show a particularly high degree of thanks for the company's work... Well, buying from their website amounts to far more than peanuts when you put it on a mass scale. $15 is $15. How do you think people would react if they jacked the price up to $65 US?

Back
Top Bottom