Does anyone think that Vlandia is way too fancy in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandia looks as if they were from the future (from early renaissance age (13-14 th centry) instead of late dark age (10-11 th centry) as of the game settings)

They are also the only faction have those fancy cities. The cities looks like some clean renaissance european settlements, compare to the dark and messy typical late classical/medieval age settlements of other factions

Vlandia looks as if they were from the future (from early renaissance age (13-14 th centry) instead of late dark age (10-11 th centry) as of the game settings)

They are also the only faction have those fancy cities. The cities looks like some clean renaissance european settlements, compare to the dark and messy typical late classical/medieval age settlements of other factions

they look 11th century. Late antique cities didn't look messy or dark in comparison to... uh... earlier or later cities. Late Antique Italian cities had the misfortune of being kicked around like a football for about 500 years, so they got pretty rundown in places.

I think this is the intended design in order to portrait the evolution/ differences between them and the empire (being part of them previously). But it can a little bit adjusted to come a little bit closer to the other factions, for example approaching 12th century medieval France aesthetics

I'd definitely like to see them more based on 11th century Normans than 13th-14th century generic Western Europe. Swadia and Rhodoks were also out of place though, with their 15th century gear. I think Vlandia would fit better in Warband.

they look 11th century. Late antique cities didn't look messy or dark in comparison to... uh... earlier or later cities. Late Antique Italian cities had the misfortune of being kicked around like a football for about 500 years, so they got pretty rundown in places.
This made me laugh so much because ironically Dhrim later becomes Carladia's football being mauled by every faction with the time span of a week

I think its ok. After all Vlandian culture is the future of Calradia.

They look like a mix of 1060 Normans and 1250 Franco-English. Not quite as late as 1300, but yes. they look a bit too fancy for 1080 AD.

Which is ok with me. I just wish the other factions also got to be fancy like the Vlandians.

This is a fantasy game with a lot of historical inspiration. Parahistorical, it has been called. I have no problem ampling up the fancyness without resorting to the regular HIGH FANTASY tropes, like absurd clothing, huge swords or giant pauldrons.

I'd say Bannerlord is trying to amplify the historical feeling with a certain flair. If they dared to design plausible, say, Ancient Egyptian armour, but evolved to the 11th Century, I'd be down for that.

This made me laugh so much because ironically Dhrim later becomes Carladia's football being mauled by every faction with the time span of a week

And, funny, no one know where Dhirim is in 1080 xD

women-in-18th-century-warfare-7360.jpg

I honestly wish they just made Vlandia as close to the Normans as possible... save for crossbows. Right now they're basically identical to Swadia/Rhodoks.

I thought they were too advance before as well, because their face plate looks so small which make them very similar to a 14c bascinet if you don't look the both sides of that helmet:
images

I hope there are more like this, having a face plate that covering more facial area and have a more identical eye holes:
e245_b.jpg

Especially one of the game's featuring image was using this style:
images

Also the Long Cape given to the Vlandia Sergeants make them looks too fancy as well. Mail or padded shoulder would make them fit in better.

By the way, where is the battanian scale helmet from the demo shows? I see the devs been keeping the scale armor for battanian, but with out the scale armor, these armors really don't seems to be fitting the others.

Vlandians are a mix of western European cultures. I do agree later irl periods should not be in Vlandian culture. Take the voulge for example. It was used in the late 14th centuries. Vlandia is like if the British in the 17th century had rifles from the 19th century (revolvers and gatling guns).

Yeah there are anachronisms all over the place, that's always been Calradia in a nutshell so we could have the joy of having mongols vs sarranids vs vikings vs normans vs etc...

As far as Vlandian stuff looking considerably different from the other cultures? Considering their backstory is that they were originally mercenaries from far to the west I would say that makes sense. If they're especially foreign their look should be especially foreign to the rest of Calradia.

Less than a century off in the extreme case. Maybe only as much as a couple decades.
You mean around 100 years at least. 13-14 century implies year 1350 at the latest, while renaissance begins in 1453. But it can go as far as 250 years if you take the beginning of 13c instead of the middle of 14c. So it depends on how generous to the guy you are.

You mean around 100 years at least. 13-14 century implies year 1350 at the latest, while renaissance begins in 1453. But it can go as far as 250 years if you take the beginning of 13c instead of the middle of 14c. So it depends on how generous to the guy you are.

14th century means 1300-1399. Renaissance could've started as early as the 14th century anyway. It was well underway by 1450. That's why I said in the extreme case they're not far off.

Back
Top Bottom