Do you want the game to be released now?

Do you want the game to be released now?

• Yes

Votes: 19 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 145 88.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

No there are plenty of games that continued to make pointless updates for years after the dev team abandoned it after getting money leaving a small team to add things no one wanted

It happens all the time on steam
Yep. What is happening is the devs giving it minimal effort to give off the appearance of progress. Honestly I kind of feel that is what the devs have been doing. I just can't reconcile that a year has gone buy and so little has changed in Bannerlord. With the size of their studio, I would expect them to be improving the game by leaps and bounds.

This is what I hate about Early Access games though. They might get a surge in sales of new copies when it actually releases, but the new copies sold will be in the thousands, not millions like when they launched the EA. Basically they hare already made about as much money as they are ever going to make on Bannerlord. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of the studios developers aren't working on a brand new project with only a token amount of them actually working to "finish" Bannerlord despite the fact that it should be all hands on deck to finish Bannerlord.

In the end we don't know what is going on at Taleworlds but we know that they have made just about as much money as they are going to off Bannerlord you have to at least be suspicious about the amount of resources they are pouring into finishing the game, especially with so many main features being cut completely from the game or being scaled down significantly.

I don't necessarily think they've abandoned it, but they're doing a completely separate project unrelated to the only thing they're known for. It's not a great sign.
Oh so they are working on another project. Well then everything makes sense. The took the money they made from EA and funneled the vast majority of it into the new project. What we have is a token amount of developers allocated to "finishing" Bannerlord. That would definately explain the lack of progress and why so many of the main features got totally cut from the game or scaled down.

I mean I saw this happen to many game. One example is a game called Mechwarrior Online. The devs took all the money they made from the founders program that we founders though was going to go into improving Mechwarrior Online and funneled about 90% of it into other projects unrelated to the game.

I don't think they are abandoning Bannerlord at all. If you look at the jobs, they are hiring (a lot) for Bannerlord. This means they will be supporting it for the next couple of years at least.

The sci-fi jobs are about a writer (possibly for world-building now and more later) and there was one for an artist (concept art) - these look like an exploration phase for a new project that might or might not be started.
Imagine being Armagan (or some other old TW veteran) and being sick of Calradia and its angry warriors after 15 years. You also need something else to do just to stay sane.

but we know that they have made just about as much money as they are going to off Bannerlord
No? Full release, DLC, Steam sales, Large overhaul mods (specifically ones based on tv shows/movies)..

All these things will attract new customers so there is still going to be many ways Bannerlord will bring in revenue, you cannot seriously believe everyone has already bought it.

Seriously, releasing now? have people learned nothing on gaming about rushing out games for the sake of releasing...? Cyberpunk 2077 was not a HUGE EXAMPLE about not rush out games? Jesus F..... Christ..........
Its better to wait for a polished and as much complete as possible game as full release than a half done EA game that will be slammed by people and harassing the devs "this is missing, this is unfinished, this is buggy..." yeah... RUSHED OUT GAME, THATS WHY.

Let them work on the game and get out of EA WHEN ITS READY, we already got a truckload of flops due to rushed releases fueled by impatient people. TW take your time on developing this game, don't cave to the pressure of releasing it fast and than being slammed/crucified by everyone online. WHEN ITS READY. THIS THE WAY! ....

This is just a development hell: EA or released the game is not stable/finished until years. Modding before this is at your own risk. TW has no interest claim official release and EA is over until it's polished. The EA will last for few years more, maybe one? But when i see the "progress" in one year hummm....

I get what you think that TW stop development and let a stable unfinished version for modders to fix it but that's completely unrealisitic, crazy and a bad idea for company, modders and everyone (modders are not supposed to fix the games "normally").

Like the majority here, I would like them to take their time and get it right.

Would i like them to finish the game ASAP? yes
In the current barebones and boring condition? hell no

I would be fine waiting another decade if it meant they would listen to their community, add missing features and rework mediocre ones currently implemented.

I think that this is the most reasonable opinion.

I'd rather they slowly release patches and get it right.

Last edited:
You're absolutely insane for thinking the game should be released now. Horse archers are pretty dumb right now and sieges still suck. I'm still suffering from serious snowballing issues. I'm not paying for an unfinished product. Have you seen what happened with cyberpunk 2077? The same will happen here if the devs don't keep to their promise of a finished game.

But honestly, warband had a lot of DLC released for that game and people bought it. For that reason I'm very confident they will deliver on their promises though you can't please everyone. DLC will bring in more revenue for them so they have to finish the game right before they get to that point. Not to mention that leaving the game as is will lose faith with their customer base.

Mods should be icing on the cake, not the flour and eggs that make it up.

Last edited:
I'm happy for the devs to continue working on the game long into the future, I've already got more hours than I care to admit and I think I'll prolly be sticking with it for a while yet.

Voted no simply because it's not ready. It's far from being ready. It might NEVER be ready.
Also because they'd use the 1.0 tag to leave the real work to the modders and move to another overhyped project, something like: "Engage and Tachyon Lance"

Back
Top Bottom