Do you want the game to be released now?

Do you want the game to be released now?

• Yes

Votes: 19 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 145 88.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ehh no? What kind of mentality is that? This is what have broken the gaming industry. People simply dont care about their product, I have bought a game from Talworlds that had many promises and I expect alot more from this product.

You can simply leave the game for a year instead of asking the devs to stop developing because you dont like patches that break your mods. Also you're very shortsighted if you think modders wont come back when the game is done.

No way do I want this released now. Warband was better than this is in its current form.

Sure, I love the modern graphics but I will return to Warband if this is the final product. Its not keeping my interest and is a big grind.

NO!!!

And what i see here is a PURE DEV TRAP so that people who lov to f with devs and people on this forums can manage to convince devs of something as it always happens where minority who say stupid things end up getting seen as majority by devs and majority seen as non existant.

I alredy saw many of these kinds of posts in MANY GAMES where one makes a tread that is so stupid BUT it gtes traction due to peoell love more to make things worse than to help so they jump on the bandwagon.What happens next is that devs then see forums/treads filled with those kind of comments and make it as if majority is saying that.What happens next is then devs procedee to as they say follow what community asked/demanded when in reality it was minority and after the change THAT SAME minority layer group that demanded/post tread and managed to get traction after the game release come back and then bash and trash devs for finishing the agme or implementimng something that doesent fit the game BUT magicaly forget that they THEMSELF demanded/posted treads,made their post gain traction that made it look like majority wanted that change.

Stop with these type of posts bcs ITS OBVOUSLY as a day that the game isnt ready at all and even thou some devs or more precicely Armagan says that Game is ready it clearly lacks alot.

Last edited:
So, when you receive a rejection letter, you only read the courtesy compliment before 'However'? There is a saying in my country that goes 'you can never wake a man who is pretending to be asleep'. I guess this is it.
My man this entire thread is a rejection letter to yours and Gandamula's terrible opinion. You're in the 13%, I'd look again at who can't be woken up.

You can simply leave the game for a year instead of asking the devs to stop developing because you dont like patches that break your mods. Also you're very shortsighted if you think modders wont come back when the game is done.

There are a whole ton of factors that go into any decision. I don't know that your specifically addressing earlier my comments but your response with fit well a counter to them so I wanted to respond.

There are a couple things to consider. First is that the game has been in Early Access for a year with them indicating that they expected EA to only last a year. In a way that is kind of a promise as well. That promise was, "Buy the game now and we will have it ready to go in about a year." Well it looks like they aren't going to deliver on that promise and that has to be taken into consideration when deciding how much longer to wait to deliver a product. Basically you have to ask how much tolerance your player base has for delays before you reach a critical tipping point which leads to my second point.

Second, despite calling a game EA, the second the game is available for money people start judging the game. They have a tolerance for some patching and changes but that tolerance is finite. Despite the EA tag there are a group of players that have played the game, lost interest and quit. Each day that EA goes on, more people will play the game, lose interest and quit. There are some people right now that are looking at the state of the games progress, losing interest and quitting. This includes people who would have volunteered their time to mod that game as well. If too many people lose interest and quit, the community become weaker and the game may not have a strong future. Basically you have to ask how much tolerance your player base has for delays before you reach a critical tipping point.

Third, you have to ask just how much will be improved and how long will it take to improve it. Based on the lack of progress that I have seen over the last year, I honestly don't think that, even with another year, we are going to see a significantly different game. Will their be improvements, yes but will those improvements actually justify the time it takes for those improvements to get into the game, we don't know. That is also something we have to consider.

Fourth, based on what happened with Warband, the devs and many if not most players know, that mods can correct most of the games shortcomings and they can often do it in a way that satisfies more people due to the fact that their are usually multiple versions of any given mod each tweaked different this appealing to a greater audience. Because of this you have to also consider just what actually needs to be in the game and what can be left to mods. Further, I had someone point out to me the other day that if too much is added to the base game, this might actually restrict what modders can do to change those features through a mod. Personally I found this a good point.

To sum up what I am saying, there are a lot of reasons why wrapping it up makes sense. First they promised EA would likely only last a year. Second they are losing players and modders. Third, there hasn't really been much progress over the last year and it doesn't like like even if they took longer that many of the things they told us would be in the game are in the game and forth, modders, given a stable platform, will offer fixes for many things players don't like, add many of the feature that are missing and then some and overall improve the game. That is a pretty good case for them coming up with a exit strategy in the short term and one I think they should be considering.

Now, I am not saying that their aren't counter arguments to each and ever point and many of those arguments have already been opinioned on this thread but whatever the decision Taleworld's makes you do have accept there are strong arguments for wrapping things up and then try to find a balance.

Really? The game feels like it needs 2-3 more years at least, by the current pace
That is the problem.

If the game had been making huge strides in the last year, adding even 50% of the missing features we had been promised and there was a definitive roadmap that the would be adding the other 50% or more over the next year or two, I could easily get behind an extended EA.

But we aren't seeing that or getting that. All I have seen is that not much has changed in the last year and many of the features we were supposed to get, have been announced as permanently cut or marginalized down to just basic functionality.

That being the case, I had to ask myself how strongly I believed that giving the EA more time was going to dramatically improve the game. My answer was, not nearly as much as them wrapping it up and letting the Modders get to work adding all the stuff the devs have cut or dumbed down significantly.

Seriously, I honestly do feel that at this point, Modders have more to add to the game than the devs do and will add it at a much quicker pace. It shouldn't be that way, but just look at the last year and seriously ask yourself what, aside from a bit of balancing and tweaking, has Taleworlds actually added to the game in the last year? Has there one new significant feature added? I am not talking something like pillaging, I am talking something like those back alley interactions with criminal gangs or being able to build up a village into a castle or naval travel and combat or an actual city management gameplay loop where decision matter or well any number of other MAJOR additions. The answer is nope and worse, 2 of those examples were things they had promised be in the game but were announced as being completely cut from the game.

So all those people who want them to spend another year, two years in EA, ask yourself if you really believe the game will improve by leaps and bounds because the evidence of the likelihood of this happening is pretty sparse. Personally I have a ton more confidence that the Modders will improve this game by leaps and bounds and they will likely do it within 3 months of Taleworlds stopping the patching cycle that continually breaks these mods.

My man this entire thread is a rejection letter to yours and Gandamula's terrible opinion. You're in the 13%, I'd look again at who can't be woken up.
Yeah, I noticed that, But I'm having a conversasion with you here. And somehow I find that give it another 6 months, more people will be on my side. Because all of these really come down to 'do you believe that giving TW more time for this EA will make the game significantly better? Or is it a better choice to just let the modders begin to work on the native game?' Time will tell, time has told.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that, But I'm having a conversasion with you here. And somehow I find that give it another 6 months, more people will be on my side. Because all of these really come down to 'do you believe that giving TW more time for this EA will make the game significantly better? Or is it a better choice to just let the modders begin to work on the native game?' Time will tell, time has told.
The better the base game, the better and more inspired the mods will be. If base game is a good enough, balanced enough, content-filled enough, immersive enough, then modders will have to step their game-up and come up with amazing mods, especially for total overhauls (+ they will have a better foundation and it will be easier to do so in the first place). There are literally 0 downsides to waiting and making a better base-game other than you wanting to play with your mods as quickly as possible and updates being a minor discomfort because it breaks your mods. The base game is the foundation for what is to come, so again, the better - the better, and I am willing to wait for greatness. It's a simple instant gratification vs delayed gratification argument, and there's nothing in this world that is worth it that is instant and easily obtainable. All good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes.

I believe telling developers to abandon their unfinished game is the highest level of idiocy and always will be no matter how much time passes.

What happens when the terrible siege Ai issues proves difficult to fix for amateur modders who don't have years of experience with TW's mod tools? Do we wait years for someone to finally fix it? I would rather the guys with actual experience just finish what they started and then let modders run wild.

I believe telling developers to abandon their unfinished game is the highest level of idiocy and always will be no matter how much time passes.

What happens when the terrible siege Ai issues proves difficult to fix for amateur modders who don't have years of experience with TW's mod tools? Do we wait years for someone to finally fix it? I would rather the guys with actual experience just finish what they started and then let modders run wild.
I don't want TW to 'abandon' the project, I hope they can wrap up the project and release it as soon as possible, and that mainly means fixing bugs and stuff like siege AI, and maybe don't even bother with balancing. At this rate, I am afraid this project will take at least another 3 years, and god knows if siege AI would be fixed by then if they followed their current agenda (whatever it may be).

If TW has other unfinished ideas, they are more than welcome to pack them into a standalone expansion just like Warband. It's been 9 nine years already, and I believe expecting a video game to be finished in more than a decade is another level of idiocy. Even the Apollo program only took 12 years. What if two or three years later the game is still only marginally better (very likely with the EA progress so far)? Are you willing to take the opportunity costs which is letting modders work to complete the game experience? How many people will actually die in the meantime and never get to play the released game let alone the modded one? This may sound ridiculous, but when a video game needs more than a decade to make, that sudenly become a very real concern.

The better the base game, the better and more inspired the mods will be. If base game is a good enough, balanced enough, content-filled enough, immersive enough, then modders will have to step their game-up and come up with amazing mods, especially for total overhauls (+ they will have a better foundation and it will be easier to do so in the first place). There are literally 0 downsides to waiting and making a better base-game other than you wanting to play with your mods as quickly as possible and updates being a minor discomfort because it breaks your mods. The base game is the foundation for what is to come, so again, the better - the better, and I am willing to wait for greatness. It's a simple instant gratification vs delayed gratification argument, and there's nothing in this world that is worth it that is instant and easily obtainable. All good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes.
Believe me, brother, if I want instant gratification, this game in its current state - fast-paced action RPG/ medieval battle simulator - is just the thing for me, and I won't participate in this discussion. I want in-depth and polished game features and mechanics, but I am afraid that TW will not deliver those in a reasonable timeframe. You can wait indefinitely for an ever-improving product. But obviously, things can't work like that. It's been a year since this EA started. If they added stuff like unique companions, lords with personality, kingdom diplomacy, different kingdom structure, a more sophisticated building system, or any one or two of these, I am more than willing to wait and see what they can accomplish in another three years. But we all know what we get by the anniversary mark. More importantly, I am not even sure they are adding these or better contents and immersive features in the coming years. Patience is a virtue, but you have to ask if something is worth the wait. I love the concept of M&B. I just don't know if it is in the right hand. Thank god we still have modders, so why not let them have a go now? TW could continue to work on expansions and stuff.

I don't want TW to 'abandon' the project, I hope they can wrap up the project and release it as soon as possible, and that mainly means fixing bugs and stuff like siege AI, and maybe don't even bother with balancing. At this rate, I am afraid this project will take at least another 3 years, and god knows if siege AI would be fixed by then if they followed their current agenda (whatever it may be).

If TW has other unfinished ideas, they are more than welcome to pack them into a standalone expansion just like Warband. It's been 9 nine years already, and I believe expecting a video game to be finished in more than a decade is another level of idiocy. Even the Apollo program only took 12 years. What if two or three years later the game is still only marginally better (very likely with the EA progress so far)? Are you willing to take the opportunity costs which is letting modders work to complete the game experience? How many people will actually die in the meantime and never get to play the released game let alone the modded one? This may sound ridiculous, but when a video game needs more than a decade to make, that sudenly become a very real concern.
Yep I agree with you here. I don't want them to just stop doing anything and say, "Here it is boys, good luck". However, I would like to see a definitive plan for them to wrap EA up in say 3 more months. Basically fix the major bugs and finish the modding tools then release it without the intention to do any patching for at least 6 months.

This doesn't mean stop developing. It just means instead of constant patching, they work on things and maybe push a big update 6 months later. It would probably break a ton of mods but I don't thinking anyone modding would mind having to update/reload mods twice a year. Honestly from a business perspective, if I was in charge, I would definitely still work on the game including adding a ton of different features and then sell it as a "features pack" DLC pack maybe 6 months to a year from now. If they are really smart, they will look at what mods and total conversions the modders come up with and then steal the best of those ideas to incorporate into their DLC. Hell they could work on doing unique total conversion mods themselves and sell those as individual DLC each having more features that modders can then build on from there. Seriously there is at least 10 years of life in this game if they keep the momentum up with DLC and expansions but that is all going to go for naught if they keep the game in EA for an extended time.

This makes more sense, I thought you agreed with op's opinion of "Enough with Patches, I can live with the game as it is now" which is ridiculous to me, but if you think they should fix the main issues and leave balancing then fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom