Do you think the number of countries is enough? & We can't buy a house...

Users who are viewing this thread

nvdiaamd

My first suggestion to buy a house in the game. This is a big flaw. Otherwise it would not be realistic. There should also be items such as candles, candlesticks that we can buy.

On the other hand, the number of countries is not enough. 8 states too little. Must be at least 12 or 14. Yes i know too late now. But conceivable.

I don't know... I guess the game will never come out. I think I'm bored. It feels good to declare the idea now. talking randomly.

But to buy a house is important...

In a game where you can conquer castles and cities, create your own kingdom, you think that the ability to acquire a place of residence through entirely legal means is interesting and important?

Noudelle said:
In a game where you can conquer castles and cities, create your own kingdom, you think that the ability to acquire a place of residence through entirely legal means is interesting and important?

If I kill people, loot their corpses, sell the equipment and then buy myself a residence with those bloody coins, that is surely not entirely legal, is it?

I do not see nvdiaamd's suggestion as something I desire. Towns, Castles, Villages, these are enough for me.

A large chunk of your 'purse' was abstract in Warband anyway and the amount of money available to you never seemed like amount of physical coins you carry on your person. I just assume a house was part of it, don't really think that we need to elaborate on that, on the other hand I understand people's need to have in-game things that are their own and customisable. Don't consider it a must, though, and as it doesn't seem to be in, don't think wasting resources on it is crucial, especially that the game already seems to be lacking in other parts.

Increasing number of kingdoms doesn't seem to be appropriate approach either. I'd much prefer eight factions that are visibly different than thirty that are copies of each other. Now, twelve isn't as extreme as my example, but this seems like an arbitrary number for sake of 'more'. It doesn't really bring much more variation to the table, on the other hand if devs would actually make all those extra factions actually unique and search further from source material to do so, the Calradia would feel even more like a senseless melting pot with whole world packed into half of continent. Not sure I'd like it, packing all of Europe and then some into landmass that is roughly size of single country already seemed too much.

MountAndMemeButterlord said:
8 nations is fine especially with individual clans and fleshed out cultures.
3 empires essentially one faction
could be added to the DLC
Rhodoks, Nords and another faction for the Chinese comrades (based on Chinese culture)

CKyHC said:
Rhodoks, Nords and another faction for the Chinese comrades (based on Chinese culture)
Well Rhodoks and Nords are already in the game sort of.
But India, China, Japan, ****ing Mesoamerican culture, whatever. Oh boy. I really hope we see them added into Bannerlord somewhere down the line.

Noudelle said:

Yes. Because you can be a trader. Not everyone has to be a lord or a king. You can have an ordinary life. What's so strange about that? Maybe I want a simple life. At least to have such an option. Moreover, adding this to the game is quite simple. it's normal to want this.

nvdiaamd said:
Noudelle said:

Yes. Because you can be a trader. Not everyone has to be a lord or a king. You can have an ordinary life. What's so strange about that? Maybe I want a simple life. At least to have such an option. Moreover, adding this to the game is quite simple. it's normal to want this.
I'm sure something like this would be relatively simple to make, but also still time-consuming to make. And for a mechanic that I think is besides the point of M&B, I don't think it's worth the cost.

gospell said:
Rhodoks and Svadia it is Vlandia ,no nords in the game, only ancestors of Vegirs it is Sturgians

The Nords are actually the only WB faction to have an entry in the Bannerlord in-game encyclopedia, as seen in screenshots from last year's gamescom. What that means, though, seems to have not yet been revealed.

CKyHC said:

Not really each empire faction exemplifies Rome at a different time, they will be similar but not "essentially the same faction".

A faction based on the Chinese would be wildly out of place for the time period and setting they are trying to depict, leave it to modders.

CKyHC said:

Not really each empire faction exemplifies Rome at a different time, they will be similar but not "essentially the same faction".

A faction based on the Chinese would be wildly out of place for the time period and setting they are trying to depict, leave it to modders.
China is wildly out of place for the time period and setting? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the area that we today call China did have people living there at around the time equivalent when Bannerlord takes place. There's no reason why they couldn't just be east of the Khuzaits and the Aserai.

Noudelle said:
CKyHC said:
Well Rhodoks and Nords are already in the game sort of.
But India, China, Japan, **** Mesoamerican culture, whatever. Oh boy. I really hope we see them added into Bannerlord somewhere down the line.

Sounds like a cool mod.

All of these factions would be horrible for the Bannerlord setting though.

Noudelle said:
CKyHC said:

China is wildly out of place for the time period and setting? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the area that we today call China did have people living there at around the time equivalent when Bannerlord takes place. There's no reason why they couldn't just be east of the Khuzaits and the Aserai.

Yes, China existed. It actually existed before any of the other civilizations that factions in Bannerlord are based on.

But in real life, China is not just east of the Turkish steppes and Middle East, it is a whole continent away. Turkish, Arab, and Persian based people make sense in a setting alongside Rus, Byzantine, and Norman based people because they interacted a fair amount in real life at that time (though they would still be seen as fairly "alien"). Somebody in 800 AD Europe would more than likely never even hear of Asia maybe not even hear there was anything that far east, let alone meeting somebody from Asia or going there themselves.

The only way they could add an Asian faction like the Chinese without almost entirely throwing out historical realism would be to make the map so big that traveling from Calradia to whatever their equivalent of Asia is feel like the video game equivalent of the Marco Polo expedition (400 years before it happened).

Personally, I would rather leave that kind of suspension of disbelief for when I am playing mods. 

Noudelle said:
CKyHC said:

Yes, China existed. It actually existed before any of the other civilizations that factions in Bannerlord are based on.

But in real life, China is not just east of the Turkish steppes and Middle East, it is a whole continent away. Turkish, Arab, and Persian based people make sense in a setting alongside Rus, Byzantine, and Norman based people because they interacted a fair amount in real life at that time (though they would still be seen as fairly "alien"). Somebody in 800 AD Europe would more than likely never even hear of Asia maybe not even hear there was anything that far east, let alone meeting somebody from Asia or going there themselves.
But somebody in Mongolia, which I believe the Khuzaits are meant to represent, would.
The only way they could add an Asian faction like the Chinese without almost entirely throwing out historical realism would be to make the map so big that traveling from Calradia to whatever their equivalent of Asia is feel like the video game equivalent of the Marco Polo expedition (400 years before it happened).

Personally, I would rather leave that kind of suspension of disbelief for when I am playing mods.
I don't see why we should hold bind ourselves to the same limit as the real world's. And it's not like it would be so far fetched to have a Chinese empire analogue just east of the Khuzaits. Or there could also be another faction in between them.
I want TW to expand the world of Bannerlord beyond what we typically see in games during this era.

Noudelle said:
Noudelle said:
CKyHC said:

But somebody in Mongolia, which I believe the Khuzaits are meant to represent, would.
The only way they could add an Asian faction like the Chinese without almost entirely throwing out historical realism would be to make the map so big that traveling from Calradia to whatever their equivalent of Asia is feels like the video game equivalent of the Marco Polo expedition (400 years before it happened).

I don't see why we should hold bind ourselves to the same limit as the real world's. And it's not like it would be so far fetched to have a Chinese empire analogue just east of the Khuzaits. Or there could be another faction in between them.
I want TW to expand the world of Bannerlord beyond what we typically see in games during this era.

The Khuzaits initially seem based on the Mongols but they are more based on Central Asian horse riding nomads in general, of which Mongols were some of the farthest East. In fact the more I look at and read about them, they seem to be based a lot more on the Turks (the Turkic Khaganate specifically), who wouldn't have a much bigger knowledge of Asia than Europe, there was the Gobi desert and a steppe the size of the Atlantic ocean between them.

I don't disagree that it would be awesome for them to expand the setting to places we do not often see, but if we are talking about theoretical future games (none of this is happening to Bannerlord) I think they would do more justice to make an entirely Asian setting, with fully fleshed out Indian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean factions and a map that captures the scope of the continent.

I think it would sell both settings short to put a Chinese faction in Bannerlord (or on the same map). There is something major lost when the biggest civilization in Asian history is just another faction on the end of the map to add flavor, I think this serves better as a mod idea than it does an actual addition to Mount & Blade lore. If they were to add them into the official M&B world I would rather they do it as part of an entire game based on Asia.

Duchess_Lyceria said:
The Khuzaits initially seem based on the Mongols but they are more based on Central Asian horse riding nomads in general, of which Mongols were some of the farthest East. In fact the more I look at and read about them, they seem to be based a lot more on the Turks (the Turkic Khaganate specifically), who wouldn't have a much bigger knowledge of Asia than Europe, there was the Gobi desert and a steppe the size of the Atlantic ocean between them.

I don't disagree that it would be awesome for them to expand the setting to places we do not often see, but if we are talking about theoretical future games (none of this is happening to Bannerlord) I think they would do more justice to make an entirely Asian setting, with fully fleshed out Indian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean factions and a map that captures the scope of the continent.

I think it would sell both settings short to put a Chinese faction in Bannerlord (or on the same map). There is something major lost when the biggest civilization in Asian history is just another faction on the end of the map to add flavor, I think this serves better as a mod idea than it does an actual addition to Mount & Blade lore. If they were to add them into the official M&B world I would rather they do it as part of an entire game based on Asia.
That sounds like the kind of module/game I would not like to play. I like to conquer my planets whole and not only parts of it.
I understand that it is no easy task to have another area/continent and infact could be worse to enjoy. But I really would hate the split more. I do like the current setting because there is only Calradia playable.

I could see myself enjoying it if the map was very large, like twice bannerlord's size with other Asian factions besides China. I can't see myself enjoying one where China is just another faction tacked onto the side of Calradia unless it's a mod I do not take too seriously. At least add a Japanese and Indian faction to make it feel like a whole continent, preferably Korean and Vietnamese as well.

Back
Top Bottom