Do I have to start a new game for every patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Unless you want the new npc faces, you can keep playing on the old save.
Some changes in the economy may take some time to appear. But I believe it should be fine

Same here. Tried the beta, and reverted because there isn't a single player looking for a multiplayer game in the beta patch.
Now I can't load any save at all, the game crashes when I hit the "resume game" button on the menu, or the "load" button when playing.

I tried deleting all my saves in the saves folder, but it's not working. Does anyone have a fix for that ?

I tried reverting back to the beta branch, but same error, I just can't load anything anymore. I also tried to verify game cache on steam.

Older saves are working for me, although I have been updating them with every version that came out. How old/What patch is the save?

Ok I found one of the possible issues:

The crash logs mention one of my save files, I tried removing it from the folder, but every time I launch Bannerlord, the files comes back into the folder. I had to deactivate cloud sync from steam.
After several crashes and file to file removing, I think it comes from the beta save files that make the game crash when I try to go to the loading screen on the non beta branch.

Now it seems to be working

So Main branch with patches are fine. I am currently playing on the beta branch, this got me thinking, what about when the beta branch update? will I lose my progress? Or is main branch the only sustainable platform for single player save in the long term?

Same here. Tried the beta, and reverted because there isn't a single player looking for a multiplayer game in the beta patch.
Now I can't load any save at all, the game crashes when I hit the "resume game" button on the menu, or the "load" button when playing.

I tried deleting all my saves in the saves folder, but it's not working. Does anyone have a fix for that ?

I tried reverting back to the beta branch, but same error, I just can't load anything anymore. I also tried to verify game cache on steam.

Actually i had the same exact issue. And i deleted the saves in the game folder and it worked when i previously used beta 1.1.0 and opt out to 1.0.11. Before deleting the save folder, each time i clicked resume i had crash.

u need to turn off your steam sync to the cloud. then remove all your old save
i heard the same suggestion before. could you elaborate?
here is what i did. I turn off steam sync, moved the saves to my desktop, relaunched the game, created and saved a new game, then moved the old saves back, tried to access saved games in the game menu and the game froze.

Back
Top Bottom