Do caravans carry raw goods?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've looked it up all over the internet but couldn't find an answer to this.

I want to understand economies of Warband yet there are some obscure details hidden from players, the topic of this thread being one of such.

Do caravans carry abundant raw goods, originally from villages, from one town to another?

Let's say my productive enterprise produces finished good A from a raw good B. However, if none of the surrounding villages produce B, can I expect the price of the raw good to go down when trade caravans reach this town from other towns? I wanna know if they only carry finished goods or raw materials too.

Is there a complete guide that details out how the economy works in the game, with tangible examples(ex. two units of wheat is produced in a village once a week, half of it are sent to town by farmers, and it gets picked up by caravans at a price x and so on)

Best way to answer your questions is to learn to use the source code, all info is in there in detail.

In summary, it is not that exacting. Caravans do travel and affect the economy. It is a summarized operation and not dealing in individual items. Net result will be prices going up & down depending on supply. Groups of peasants need to travel from village to town & caravans have to reach other cities. Both can be attacked on the way, this leads to economy going down. Also, when village are looted or towns besieged/conquered.

If you really want to maximize your industries you can ask them to hold the output and take it to the town with best price. To do so though you really want to explore mods, as economy is not a well developed part of vanilla.

You van search for info pages, check the forum 1st, I know someone wrote a economy guide.

Here is a link with some info: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Productive_Enterprise

Back
Top Bottom