Do any other people here just hate working?

Users who are viewing this thread

In my experience job enjoyment fluctuates from good when you start. You're excited and want to show how good you are etc.
Then it gets bad. You realize you're not as good as the others that have worked there longer than you, you have to be the underdog for a while, be submissive of your bosses, all mistakes make you feel worse and you make a few because you still haven't worked at it long enough to be good etc.
Then it gets good again. When you've worked there long enough, you get better, you merged into the social structure of the workplace and there are underdogs for you to make fun of.
Then it gets bad when your health deteriorates and you can't quite climb all those ladders, breathe in those fumes and take the **** anymore. And good when you retire. Hopefully.

I like my job because it is exciting, I learn a lot of new stuff. I am genuinely interested in what I do and it pays good. But it can be extremely stressful and if I make a mistake it could cost someones company. I work as a data center engineer/helpdesk. I've seen colleagues make a single mistake while executing commands and removing 64TB of customer data.

The customers are 80% of the time not friendly and won't give you a single thanks for helping you fix the issue. They will most likely just get angry at you for no reason.

I like it when I am working and I'm on a roll, solving issues left and right. But I dislike the customers, stress and long work hours.

mdk31 said:
Seriously. I don't hate my job. My job is actually pretty good, as jobs go. Decent pay (could be better), fairly laid back, manager is decent. But I hate working. I hate having to waste nine hours of every weekday (including lunch break) doing **** I don't want to do. I hate that I need to work to eat. Fuuuuuck. Drives me up the god damn wall.  :mad:

Cannot wait for automation to make human labor obsolete.

I hate the low pay, the fact that I'm expected to take on more responsibility for no increase in wage, the fact that I'm now doing the job of 2 or 3 people because they won't hire more staff, the fact that every year we go through redundancy cuts and that idiots and slackers are somehow promoted to positions of power, where they basically do nothing but spout bull****.

The people I work with direct, the lecturers and the students, are mostly okay. But the job itself is just way too much for one person, even if that person is me.

**** I'm 21 and have had 5 different jobs, starting number 6 in September.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
If I had something lined up that would pay the same whilst still allowing me 55 days of leave per year, I would definitely jump ship.
That's some sweet holiday.

Back
Top Bottom