Division A - Week 1 Fixtures | Deadline: 20/06/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see the point of penaltiy for violation of rules, however, I do not see how this would take affect when the player did registrer before the rule was made.

EDIT: No one blames him, it crossed no-ones mind that he was not a part of the roster.

To be honest you are acting super immature about all this.

There has been teams that won technically, and still got a default defeat. I'm sure they're as frustrated but there's nothing you can do about it, it's the league's rules, we just have to deal with it.
Nobody else is whining, 3OA are a very good turkish clan that won "fair and square" like you in Division B, with just a minor incident of 1 player also not being part of the "official" roster, something like 11-9, a very close match as well and that was taken from them, most unfortunately.. Since the announcement of this league, the roster subject has been taken very seriously.

Also I highlight the fact that the penalty for it is ABSURD and completely out of proportion. Get some rational, logical sense to the rulings and rules.

I would understand if the match would be ordered to replayed. I would understand a definite ban for the player that played even though he wasn't in the roster. I would understand a rematch with 9 vs 10 or something like that. But not this. A default win/forfeit after a five star classic match between one of the top teams in Warband who had a grueling 20 rounds of excitement and action to the very last round. This is not the way the tournament should go. It's absurd, it makes me sick and it doesn't belong to this game. We don't need this kinda nonsense since everything was running just perfectly even without the new rule about strict teams. You don't see this kinda bs in other games on the net.

This is ludicrous to say the least.

HarkonHakoon said:
Since the announcement of this league, the roster subject has been taken very seriously.

No since it's a bs, flawed new rule someone just made up. Fight the battles in the battlefield ffs not in paperwork on the forums. Timetested best, ENPL winning, 23 wins few draws one loss clan named 22nd is not taking this slightly. This is a court murder.

We accept default win and we don't care about what 22nd thinks. You violated the rules here is the result of it. End of discussion. As long as your member weren't in the list at rosters topic, there is nothing made us think he registered before. Be more careful next time  :wink:

In Division C1 oRG were given a default loss due incorrect roster/game ids.

In Division B DR, were given a default loss due to the same issue.  Similarly, 3OA despite winning were given a loss because of an incorrect roster.

So we have three other teams who, in various divisions were given a loss due to incorrect rosters.

To put some perspective, whilst I find it sad a match ends this way, such harsh rules for rosters are by no means unusual.

CPL, CAL and TWL all had extremely harsh rules for roster or game id violations. Sometimes even beyond just losing one match.

Other teams have lost matches by default for the same violation, as far as I know.

Can someone please tell me why the 22nd all of a sudden should be treated differently?

Úlfheðinn said:
In regards to the third point, in Division C1 oRG were given a default loss due incorrect roster/game ids.

In Divison B DR, were given a default loss due to the same issue. Same goes for 3OA.

So we have three other teams who, in various divisions were given a loss due to incorrect rosters.
But this case is different as.
Nico did go to ENL Registration server on the 13th of this month, the rule about substitutions thread was made 18th. There was no question that Nico wasn't part of the team

sadnhappy said:
So now it's official? Lust didn't even edit it himself, send Maynd to edit it.

Because i don't like my name being thrown around for no good reason, may i explain you that since 2 weeks ago i am responsible for creating and updating the weekly fixtures.
Also, i think that 22nd its the 5th team to get a default loss on the ENL.
Further, rosters supposed to be checked on a regular basis, if u didn't know that player "X" could not play its because you didn't bother to check the roster thread.
For the rest, not up to me to judge.
I dont like being harsh but this discussion its going kind a wild.

Ava said:
We accept default win and we don't care about what 22nd thinks. You violated the rules here is the result of it. End of discussion. As long as your member weren't in the list at rosters topic, there is nothing made us think he registered before. Be more careful next time  :wink:

You see here's the difference between a man and a boy. If we would ever lose to you in a real match, I would have no trouble admitting losing to you guys. None. None whatsoever. What you guys always do is cry on and on about everything and you 'accepting' the forfeit win confirms my, and other clans, image of you as a player and you guys as a clan. You can't beat us real, correct way on the battlefield and thus you take a coward's choice as lust incorrectly hands you a forfeit win that you accept. To this day RS in their hayday was the only clan to ever beat us, fair and square and I was so happy about it. I really was. I enjoyed the match, swallowed my pride, said to them they were better. I like losing since then I know we got something to improve. But losing like this? Ain't gonna fly.

Also if this were the other way around and you had defeated us but had the same kinda flawed rule issue, I would be raging to lust right now and demanding that the match result would stay the same in manner of fair play. We've done this for two years now without any strict team rules. We simply don't need them.

That's weak and lame and also makes me sick. You don't have the guts, honour and decency to say that last night we were better than you, just like in ENPL. If you really go on about saying that you defeated 22nd, the whole community laughs at you. Also the prestige of ENL plummets right now because of this decision (also I think all the other default wins should be replayed for the sake of what's right and decent. No default wins should be handed in this kinda tournament).

Lord Willy said:
I suggest to replay the Match , as both teams have a point here.

I would love nothing more since the last match was epic and one of the tightest we've had. It was simply too awesome to end in a travesty like this.

Maynd said:
I dont like being harsh but this discussion its going kind a wild.

For a good reason. We're not going to tolerate this. It's not just, not by a longshot. The rule should be nullified and either all the forfeit matches should be replayed or result in the original result. Everytime something like this happens it takes away from the ENL prestige. Who in their right mind wants to win because of forfeit wins? Seriously.

I thought we were better than this. I thought we were about competition, battle, blood, awesome clan matches.

I am disappoint. So disappoint.

Yeah like we were violating the rules then whine about it. Look at 3OA and DR and other clans. Learn something from them. We don't give a sh*t about other clans thinks about us and unlike your thought no one laughs at us.(expect you) Anyway we know we can beat you in equal terms. Stop whining on forum. It gives you nothing.

As for the "new rules on the 18th" point. It is totally incorrect. Those new rules were in place before the tournament started, on 13th (when Nico Joined) and the new thread was only made when I ran out of characters in the first post. I explained this to you last night.

The decision will stand. Any other course of action would be preferential treatment and directly contradict the rules.

It was established, last night, that your system of checking was fundamentally flawed. No one else can be held responsible, for that mistake and you must simply face the consequences. It doesn't put you out of the running. As you said, the league is wide open.

Make as much noise as you like.

Ava said:
Yeah like we were violating the rules then whine about it. Look at 3OA and DR and other clans. Learn something from them. We don't give a sh*t about other clans thinks about us and unlike your thought no one laughs at us.(expect you) Anyway we know we can beat you in equal terms. Stop whining on forum. It gives you nothing.

Prove it. Replay the last night match. If you are man enough. But you aren't, I know it. You are the guys that chickened out.

captain lust said:

You gotta be out of your ******** mind. I disagree with your points that you made in that post. Also the penalty is out of proportion as I've been repeating. Get some rational sense to these decision.

As I said in our league, can't you do it in another way?
Default win is bull****, 22nd won with or without Nico.
Give the team a warning instead, next time they will get kicked out of the league.

22nd won in a fair fight.
Giving RN a default win with 20-0 makes them go much higher than they would have.

Ava said:
Ok but off the league. We don't chicken out from anything.

No, in-league. That's what I said. Official ENL match. Replayed.

Village, then Snowy Village. But you don't dare. That might be the only just choice in this matter, to replay last night's match. That is what's fair. You get YET another chance trying to beat us. And hey if you do, I'm not gonna whine. I would love to say that I died on the battlefield agaisnt you and that we lost. I'd love nothing more than to admit my loss to you if it were to happen.

THAT is how this tournament should be played. THAT is how WINNERS and LOSERS should be decided upon. Not by screwjob default/forfeit decisions like this bs.

PS. I find it funny how many Shieldings guys have had their say on the issue :grin:

Well it's a little harsh, but in my opinion is better that team loses then that the game would be replayed. Because now there would 3-4 games that would need to be replayed.

It's fault of the clans (not just 22nd but all who had problems with this rulle). I also wasn't shure if I am can play so I checked if I can play, it took me only 1 min to do that. Don't now blame staff of ENL that you lost, we all know what was punishment for breaking this rulle.

You say that they cry, the one who is doing most crying here is you :wink:

Also DfD incident wasn't part of the ENL, it didn't happend in the time of ENL match so I don't know why you need to drag this in to it :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom