Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazy Buttons said:
Can someone give me some tips on how to win in what looks to be a hopeless situation?

Capture lords, capture the marshals, capture the kings.
Don't let the prisoners go when ransom is offered.
ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
I say to do the quest to eliminate all the four Hordes of the Zann from Shi Jin. That would be one huge burden off your back because after completing said quest, they should stop spawning. So no more 400 + troop mobs out to get you!

I started capturing lords and as Marshal led the troops to destroy the Hordes. Maccavia surrended after I captured their King. The Hordes were tough. My lords kept their distance from the Hordes, had to keep circling and try to pull as many of my lords into the fight as possible. After all 4 hordes were killed and with 6 Zann lords in my dungeon, on the 741th day, the Zann finally offered peace. The long war is finally over :grin:

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I notice that the arrow borrowing command would rob my companion's quiver completely, a.k.a they lost their quiver after battle. Can this be changed please?

I knew that if you took arrows from a friendly unit, it actually stops them from firing any shots even in a defensive siege (where ammo would normally get refilled) for the rest of the battle, but actually stripping the quiver from the companion's inventory even after the battle? Damn, that's weird, never seen that before.

Even if it does take a friendly unit out of the fight, the player is the most lethal archer in their own army anyway, so you may as well still take the arrows.

40 shots.
40 kills.

I should emphasize that I am not very sure whether it was directly caused by "borrowing" or not, because I've noticed the lack of their quivers quite some time after that battle (I only borrow in siege).

I always ask them to upgrade their bow and arrows so it may also be a bug from that option, but it's less likely.

It is more likely to be a bug from "borrowing" because I notice the "borrowing" will make the archers' quivers disappear from their model during battles. It makes sense that they cannot fire any more arrows after that and it makes sense that normal troops will simply "re-spawn" their own quivers after battle. Not sure whether companions have that ability or not. Btw, do you implement any system of equipment destruction in this mod (i.e. normal to cracked, then total destruction)?

Another issue I noticed is that when I asked my companions to upgrade their bows, they picked up footman-only bows. I guess this is not a bug since some footman-only bows are simply better in terms of power, but I grouped them into cav group for god's sake! They should know better than picking up footman-only weapons. I notice that the melee guys do not pick up footman-only polearm, so is there any way, other than manually controlling their equipment?

Thanks a lot!

I noticed that sometimes quivers don't disappear, companions merely un-equip them, and all the quivers just show up in the loot.
You can make them re-equip those quivers by just making them auto-loot stuff again.

Don't use autoloot.
Autoloot for me is the only feature that makes companion micromanagement bearable. Please don't remove it in the next update :grin:

Come on, equipping companions isn't that time consuming.
Plus I can only imagine what bunch of unimmersive parrots your travel with after autoloot gives them random gear.  :smile:

It makes them really easy to spot on the battlefield. I just have to look for the most ridiculously dressed people.

Also, auto-loot can be tweaked to keep their armor the same, but upgrade shields, weapons and ammo.

Yeah, I start to dress them manually in more a thematic fashion after I got more than 1 million aurums, but you know, it's difficult to get a full set of top/2nd/3rd best armors and weapons, even with mystic merchant.

wiwigvn said:
Yeah, I start to dress them manually in more a thematic fashion after I got more than 1 million aurums, but you know, it's difficult to get a full set of top/2nd/3rd best armors and weapons, even with mystic merchant.
In my experience, checking the Falcon city (or cities, as it is in my current game) every now and then provides you with enough Fountain Guard Armors for everyone who gets the strength to wear them.  And by day 300, most of my companions do.  Now, if I only could find Weimer Drache helms for everyone...

As for weapons, by day 90, everyone had one of the forward-sloping quillons longswords which are made into one-handers.  By the day 300, I have 5 assassin swords, only one of which is from the mystic merchant.  I keep getting them fin loot, I guess the R-D assassins are not the only ones who use them.

I'm a min maxer.  If I had 30 companions, I'd still fine tune each and every one of them.

Hey, guys! Discussion and help question: Do you think it's viable to have an all Zann Army? I feel as though if the Player only fields Zann Troops, he/she would be in a very bad situation when fighting any other army. Not to mention, their inability to siege makes it almost nigh impossible to take castles. With the AI Zann, they at least have HUGE numbers with Spearheads and Hordes to help them out and assist in adding to their number advantage. I'm not the best in assessing these situations, but can someone put some light on this? Is there a way to use Zann Troops effectively both in sieges and in open field? Would mixing them with other factions help their effectiveness? Give some insight on this, please! :grin: I don't know why, but I've been thinking of doing an all-Zann play through and any held and advice would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hello,

I've been playing this mod for quite a while and can say that it is so fascinating and fun! I just wanted to ask if joining certain minor factions will be a feature? Im pretty sure everyone would love that one. E.g help the third legion get a new leader, recruit troops and create your own kingdom with lords also recruiting legion troops? Thanks in advance!

It's not outside the realm of possibility, but it's very very unlikely. Every mod that has minor factions can only be interacted with by relations. Basically being hostile or not.  Unless a minor faction captures a settlement and becomes official, but I don't think that ever happens.

Dimitris5050 said:
Hello,

I've been playing this mod for quite a while and can say that it is so fascinating and fun! I just wanted to ask if joining certain minor factions will be a feature? Im pretty sure everyone would love that one. E.g help the third legion get a new leader, recruit troops and create your own kingdom with lords also recruiting legion troops? Thanks in advance!
There is a quest that let you help the third legion have a new leader and after that you can recruit 3rd legion troops. Unfortunately, you can not join any minor faction.

Dimitris5050 said:
Hello,

This simple suggestion doesn't warrant its own thread. Merged.

It was already suggested countless times, for Perisno, for PoP, for any other mod that has minor factions.
No, they will not become major factions. They're minor factions, they play their own important part in the mod and it's not gonna change.

You can find one lord that will start using Third Legion troops under certain circumstances, but that's it.

Oh well, thank you for the answer! I just wanted to ask if we are allowed to edit the mod for personal use?
I mean like do some tweaks and change perisno troops into 3rd legion troops so all of my lords will recruit them that can be done via a troop editor so it's something where i can pretend to expand the 3rd legion.

Back
Top Bottom