Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Well if we're adding orcs and giants, can I have a lion race? As in, man-lions, lion men, Charr or something lionlike.

charr_sword.jpg

Michadr said:
I must ask, can someone explain. What is up with everyone wanting a Orc faction???
Zerg, zombies, orcs... People like to kill hordes of weak but determined monsters. I love orcs, but they don't fit well in low fantasy. I'd recommend Warsword Conquest or Blood in the West for those looking for family friendly orc slaughter.

Hylaeus said:
Michadr said:
I must ask, can someone explain. What is up with everyone wanting a Orc faction???
Zerg, zombies, orcs... People like to kill hordes of weak but determined monsters. I love orcs, but they don't fit well in low fantasy. I'd recommend Warsword Conquest or Blood in the West for those looking for family friendly orc slaughter.
You hit it spot on... They don't fit well in low fantasy, and the Perisno setting.
I am currently working on more lore that goes even further back then the setting of the start game. Dark_Hamlet has been working on some lore aswell. Hopefully we can update that sometime before 0.8 is released.

Sleeeves said:
Michadr said:
Not everyone.  Of course, I'm not even very excited about adding giants.  So I might be an outlier.
If we can accomplish what I have planned for 0.8, Giants will hardly be the most exciting new feature. (Don't get me wrong they have some pretty cool stuff)
Though they will most likely be the last new race to be introduced.

Don Leo said:
Well if we're adding orcs and giants, can I have a lion race? As in, man-lions, lion men, Charr or something lionlike.

charr_sword.jpg
Why have I never heard of this race :razz: it looks quite interesting.  :party:

Bah, Orcs! I can barely tolerate Dwarfs, I go out of my way to destroy every trace of them. :twisted: Haven't seen giants yet, but their fate will be the same. They're interfering with my medieval setting, at least the elves look fairly normal.

First of all Thanks for this great mod.
Second sorry for my bad English
now my suggestions for version 0.8

1. Orc Faction everyone need it!
2. we have human princess and elf princess then we need dwarf princess (cute tpye)
3. please do something about elf Queen and Princess their face is too ugly compare to trisna and birgit
4. It will be great if Perisno have more prince and princess. it's nice to marry them
    and it should be their family (ver 0.75 birgit have princess title but not monarch child like linthradil)
5. every faction should have their legendary weapon or armor that PC can strip from them

if we combine 4+5 it will be like this
    - Maccavia have legendary crossbow and Queen Trisna  is the holder
    - Drahara have legendary 1H sword and Human Prince is the holder
    - Hakkon Empire have legendary 1H Mace and  Emperor Hakkon II is the holder
    - Kingdom of Tolrania have legendary 1H Axe and monarch is the holder
    - Realm of The Falcon have legendary 2H sword and monarch is the holder
    - Redwood Nation have legendary Bow and princess Linthradil is the holder
    - Reich des Drachen have legendary lance and princess birgit is the holder
    - Valahir Clan have legendary shield and monarch is the holder
    - bluewood elf have legendary Bow (can't mount) and elf prince is the holder
    - Orc Faction have legendary 2H axe and orc prince is the holder
    - Kaikoth have legendary armor and monarch is the holder

kimkun said:
I like that idea minus the orc faction  :wink:

I have a question with the First post,
Does the Old spoiler contain suggestions that are already in, going to be added, or not being added?

Some of them look pretty cool but i haven't seen them so i hope there being added  :mrgreen:

I have a problem with my archers. I put reinforcement waves to 100 so I don't get those interim windows after 3 reinforcements.

This means my archers might survive for more then 4 waves or so, making them run out of arrows. The only thing that fixes this is maybe sending them out to die as pseudo-infantry or telling them to retreat. The sending out may kill them and the retreat has a morale penalty. Sending to die also makes reinforcement archers run out unless I micro this.

I believe there's a mod (formation?) that lets archers join the infantry group once they run out of arrows. That's interesting.

Maybe having an option to let archers retreat when they run out of arrows... without the morale penalty. That would be great.

A way to replenish arrows in open field battles would be interesting. Right now, when my cavalry lose their horses, I tell them to charge and mount horses. They'll try to find a horse and try to get on it. Maybe a command to "get arrows" could let archers run around and grab whatever arrows are on the floor. Or they could move toward the inventory chest and grab arrows from that. Or give the command "resupply" and they leave the battle but come back in next wave with fresh arrows.

Or reinforcement waves could have a resupply horseman who runs around giving ammo to empty archers. Or just have that guy appear, archers get some ammo back, then the guy retreats automatically. He'd be a troop you can recruit and you need x of them per party size or 1 for every reinforcement wave. Maybe have them have charges per person. Let's say you hire 10 resupply squires. They'll resupply a total of 20 waves (2 waves each) and after that they're empty, even after the battle. They'll be recharged next time you enter a friendly town and there's a charge included. Like 50 bucks per resupply squire.

This guy could also spawn with a few horses and give new shields to troops. He'd always die when KO-ed and have massive wage costs.

Something for archers on high wave settings would be amazing :3

edit: I guess maybe if the AI had smarter formations, more troops would be killed so archers wouldn't run out of ammo so much since they'd be killed before that happens

Firestorm said:
kimkun said:
I like that idea minus the orc faction  :wink:

yes .prince and princess is like Trophy and challenge for PC make them look good ,powerful ,unique and hard to get and maybe when marry them. change their dialog from "my wife ,you shall be queen" ------> "my wife , let's overthrown your father"

for legendary weapon ,it will be great if Pc can get some from quest and some from defeat these powerful lord. and will make those unique lord more powerful and more challenge

if possible let's prince and princess control major city and fix personality will be great and create some bard to sing in their lord's hall about their background story and nickname such as

1. princess birgit and her tale of the dragon princess who born with the greatest talent in Reich des Drachen's history
2. princess Linthradil and her tale of the strongest bow user in perisno and  her nickname
3. Blue Elf prince and his tale of only second to  princess Linthradil  in bow skill and the rivalry between them.

and create some princess (not vassal)  is great too!

BadassWalrus said:
I have a question with the First post,
Does the Old spoiler contain suggestions that are already in, going to be added, or not being added?

Some of them look pretty cool but i haven't seen them so i hope there being added  :mrgreen:

They are the brokenly formatted list of things that was there before I re-joined the team and edited the thread. Some of them have been implemented a long time ago, but otherwise I don't think we are doing anything on the list atm. The old list is just for history purposes I suppose, where as the new list is something I (personally) feel could add value to Perisno.

Don Leo said:
I have a problem with my archers. I put reinforcement waves to 100 so I don't get those interim windows after 3 reinforcements.

This means my archers might survive for more then 4 waves or so, making them run out of arrows. The only thing that fixes this is maybe sending them out to die as pseudo-infantry or telling them to retreat. The sending out may kill them and the retreat has a morale penalty. Sending to die also makes reinforcement archers run out unless I micro this.

I believe there's a mod (formation?) that lets archers join the infantry group once they run out of arrows. That's interesting.

Maybe having an option to let archers retreat when they run out of arrows... without the morale penalty. That would be great.

A way to replenish arrows in open field battles would be interesting. Right now, when my cavalry lose their horses, I tell them to charge and mount horses. They'll try to find a horse and try to get on it. Maybe a command to "get arrows" could let archers run around and grab whatever arrows are on the floor. Or they could move toward the inventory chest and grab arrows from that. Or give the command "resupply" and they leave the battle but come back in next wave with fresh arrows.

Or reinforcement waves could have a resupply horseman who runs around giving ammo to empty archers. Or just have that guy appear, archers get some ammo back, then the guy retreats automatically. He'd be a troop you can recruit and you need x of them per party size or 1 for every reinforcement wave. Maybe have them have charges per person. Let's say you hire 10 resupply squires. They'll resupply a total of 20 waves (2 waves each) and after that they're empty, even after the battle. They'll be recharged next time you enter a friendly town and there's a charge included. Like 50 bucks per resupply squire.

This guy could also spawn with a few horses and give new shields to troops. He'd always die when KO-ed and have massive wage costs.

Something for archers on high wave settings would be amazing :3

edit: I guess maybe if the AI had smarter formations, more troops would be killed so archers wouldn't run out of ammo so much since they'd be killed before that happens

Yeah this is something that I was worried about, but right now there's nothing planned to improve this. If you are planning to have lots of archers then you will want to set a reasonable reinforcement amount, maybe 4. This isn't really any different than what thousands of other players do by using the Battle Size changer to have 300+ troop battles, and you can still use that with the reinforcement options if you want to.

Please do not allow attacking archers to retreat or have infinite arrows!  There is supposed to be a huge defensive advantage in siege attacks.  That's why there is only one ladder in vanilla M&B sieges, it is to simulate the difficulty of attacking a castle.  Of course players are smart and have figured out that by using archers and only archers, the attackers can get the advantage due to line of sight.  Basically attacking archers have better line of sight (no obstructions) so they can target an enemy more often.  This completely removes the HUGE advantage a defender is SUPPOSED to get.  Giving infinite arrows or allowing retreat without penalty (automatic loss and need to resiege) reinforces the archers "exploit".  Yeah it's not really an exploit, just an example of a human taking advantage of the system to the upmost, but it destroys the balance of the game and negates the defender advantage.  Please do not consider adding anything that will make it easier on players, the mod and game are already too easy, even on hard difficulty. 

I don't know if it's a part of vanilla M&B or unique to Prophecy of Pendor, but when you have more than a certain percentage of archers in your attacking army in a siege, the game switches to a "Sally out" map where the defenders rush out, are given a numerical advantage regardless of troop ratio and tactics and usually leads to an attacking loss.  This is designed to counter the player "exploit" of using only archers in a siege attack.  Developers, please focus on game balance to make the game more challenging to players.  I already can completely destroy another lord's army with same amount of troops while taking only 2-3 casualties.  This is way too easy and makes the game too easy.  I can field 700+ troops that can wipe out the combined army of any faction while taking minimal losses.  More is needed to bring the AI into balance with a player that knows all the tricks of the trade.  AI garrisons need to be made much larger and AI armies larger.  100 troops in a castle garrison is pathetic. 

azxcvbnm321 said:
Please do not allow attacking archers to retreat or have infinite arrows!  There is supposed to be a huge defensive advantage in siege attacks.  That's why there is only one ladder in vanilla M&B sieges, it is to simulate the difficulty of attacking a castle.  Of course players are smart and have figured out that by using archers and only archers, the attackers can get the advantage due to line of sight.  Basically attacking archers have better line of sight (no obstructions) so they can target an enemy more often.  This completely removes the HUGE advantage a defender is SUPPOSED to get.  Giving infinite arrows or allowing retreat without penalty (automatic loss and need to resiege) reinforces the archers "exploit".  Yeah it's not really an exploit, just an example of a human taking advantage of the system to the upmost, but it destroys the balance of the game and negates the defender advantage.  Please do not consider adding anything that will make it easier on players, the mod and game are already too easy, even on hard difficulty. 

I don't know if it's a part of vanilla M&B or unique to Prophecy of Pendor, but when you have more than a certain percentage of archers in your attacking army in a siege, the game switches to a "Sally out" map where the defenders rush out, are given a numerical advantage regardless of troop ratio and tactics and usually leads to an attacking loss.  This is designed to counter the player "exploit" of using only archers in a siege attack.  Developers, please focus on game balance to make the game more challenging to players.  I already can completely destroy another lord's army with same amount of troops while taking only 2-3 casualties.  This is way too easy and makes the game too easy.  I can field 700+ troops that can wipe out the combined army of any faction while taking minimal losses.  More is needed to bring the AI into balance with a player that knows all the tricks of the trade.  AI garrisons need to be made much larger and AI armies larger.  100 troops in a castle garrison is pathetic. 

Thats literally the defintion of exploit.
Also, the main advantage that defenders get in irl castles is not only cover, since cover obstructs both sides, but the height advantage over the attackers, which is still true for warband. Besides, the attackers cannot hit every part of the defenders body at any time, reducing the chances that defenders will get hit. Defenders, on the other hand, are able to hit every part of the enemy, so they are much more likely to hit them.And since they are defending from above, they are even more likely to score headshots then attackers.

The sally out is a native warband feature, though i think PoP tweaked it abit.

azxcvbnm321 said:

I'm talking field battles, not sieges.

I agree on garrisons though. Castles have very few troops and towns, at most, I've seen having 500ish.

It would be a wonderful addition if dialogue were added (perhaps to tavern keepers, commoners, or travelers) allowing the pc to ask for general directions to a town or castle (ie "blank lies where the mountains meet the sea in the eastern part of blank kingdom"). Sort of like how games like morrowind would give somewhat vague directions and you'd have the fun of exploring to track them down. As is, the blind dog of was is great, but blindly exploring isn't as fun as figuring a map out, and with many quests focussed on particular towns, it is a bit odd that you cannot get any idea of the general direction (ie, the lord wants me to deliver a letter to blank, but I can't ask a general location for it). It might take a good amount of work to write, but would really add to the immersion for new players.

Hi,

Have anyone had this idea?

When I'm travelling over the world and if I need some reinforcement after a battle...
My idea would be to ask to one of my companion to go to my castle bring some troops and return to me with them!
But, of course, I must have enough man/warrior in garrison if not he/she return with the minimum of men!!

Thank.

1) Add please opportunity to employ Red Immortal
2) Why maps of regions are necessary? (If you use them - they vanish)
3) It is possible to add the button to game - to improve all? That is I gathered is admissible 100 recruits - that 100 times not to click the button - to make 1 button and all improve at once.
4) Add please opportunity to do weapons/armour to order.
5) Add please opportunity to agree with other fractions, without using other heroes, and simply any left messengers.
6) Add please the button - to Move all troops to garrison / from garrison
7) Add please opportunity to employ troops of the Blue Forest elfs
:cool: Why Perisno's Ruins are necessary?

RedStrat said:
1) Add please opportunity to employ Red Immortal
2) Why maps of regions are necessary? (If you use them - they vanish)
3) It is possible to add the button to game - to improve all? That is I gathered is admissible 100 recruits - that 100 times not to click the button - to make 1 button and all improve at once.
4) Add please opportunity to do weapons/armour to order.
5) Add please opportunity to agree with other fractions, without using other heroes, and simply any left messengers.
6) Add please the button - to Move all troops to garrison / from garrison
7) Add please opportunity to employ troops of the Blue Forest elfs
:cool: Why Perisno's Ruins are necessary?

When upgrading troops or moving them hit shift+click for ten, ctrl+click for all troops.

Back
Top Bottom