Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Modder223 said:
I saw in the comments its from Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan   

Yes it is. I saw the movie and it was pretty good. Don't think it's a good idea to implement it, though. Dual wielding, reserved grip and stuff. I'm more interested in seeing the pretty faces, to be honest. XD

I heard the one used on PoP is an OSP, so I hope you would get that face, but it's up to you.

Sky Warden said:
Modder223 said:
I saw in the comments its from Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan   

Yes it is. I saw the movie and it was pretty good. Don't think it's a good idea to implement it, though. Dual wielding, reserved grip and stuff. I'm more interested in seeing the pretty faces, to be honest. XD

I heard the one used on PoP is an OSP, so I hope you would get that face, but it's up to you.
Those troops won't be implanted exactly, but maybe something similar. Of course no duel wielding and we do have new faces :smile:

Modder223 said:
how would dual wielding even work? cause they could get couched easily or they could easily get shot up during a siege?

the problems you mentioned are also available for 2h weapons or polearms so those are irrelevant.

the thing is dual wielding would require tremendous amounts of coding and animations due to the game not supporting that function.

maybe we will have that in banner lord (i`m still amazed why so many new/old medieval fantasy games  don`t have/allow dual wielding  :???: )

Modder223 said:
how would dual wielding even work? cause they could get couched easily or they could easily get shot up during a siege?

There's a thread with like 600+ pages stating why it shouldn't be implemented.

By the way, I want to say that I love how open the mod team is. You guys actually listen to people and implement or discard features according to fans' demands. I wish you the best of luck. I will wait for the next release.

Lord of Shadows said:
Dual wielding is impossible. It could only be done if one sword would behave as a shield. I saw that in one other mod.
Well it is not Impossible, but as Alex said, it would be really hard to implant, and is really not something that would enhance the mod all the much I would think.

Sky Warden said:
Modder223 said:

There's a thread with like 600+ pages stating why it shouldn't be implemented.

By the way, I want to say that I love how open the mod team is. You guys actually listen to people and implement or discard features according to fans' demands. I wish you the best of luck. I will wait for the next release.
I think I've seen glimpses of that thread :razz:
Well if we know what players enjoy we can try to add it to the mod whenever possible. If we can't then well... though luck  :wink:

Will the dev team release a low performance patch to help people with low to mid end machines to at least play the game without crashing?

@Modder223
Something not too far from Warband native specs is a good start :smile: Seeking to trade aesthetic (such as landscapes) with performance.

Finch said:
@Modder223
Something not too far from Warband native specs is a good start :smile: Seeking to trade aesthetic (such as landscapes) with performance.

now this is wierd o.o I`m playing with i3 2.40 ghz, 2gb ram and 512mb intel hd graphics, i suppose this is as low as it gets o.o

and mr lord of shadow plays with 1gb ram (if i recall corectly).

i`m pretty sure this mod isn`t that demanding in terms of resources (unless you play with every option on max and high resolution :???:)

My weakest laptop have some horrible 1.61 Ghz dual-core, 512 Mb Radeon HD6320M and 4 Gb RAM. I can play with max graphipcs settings under DX7 and with medium-low under DX9 (after fixing some ussues with drivers) with 150 battlesize from it (stable 50-60 fps except some horrible places like siege of Schmalk). So if you play a little with game and drivers settings you can enjoy this mod for sure (grass, shadows, trees and battlesize are most resource-consuming elements).

What happens to me is after playing for like an hour or so, the battlefield textures start to fail to load properly ... funny colors, distorted shapes, white blocks, etc. If I continue playing after some time, game will crash eventually. For me the main part that will fail is the battlefield landscapes. Rest of the game is largely normal all the way. I run on DX7. I expect DX9 to use more resources so I do not try that.

Finch said:
What happens to me is after playing for like an hour or so, the battlefield textures start to fail to load properly ... funny colors, distorted shapes, white blocks, etc. If I continue playing after some time, game will crash eventually. For me the main part that will fail is the battlefield landscapes. Rest of the game is largely normal all the way. I run on DX7. I expect DX9 to use more resources so I do not try that.
When things like that start happening save your game and go to the main menu and load your game again. Maybe that will fix it. Also if you play with less then 2gb ram you won't have good results. We are working on lowering the mod's needs somewhat but I am not promising anything that will be really noticeable.

Finch said:

Try the, "Load texture on demand," option on the launcher. High chance that it's not the mod, but the game.

Lord of Shadows said:
Alex the Seeker said:
and mr lord of shadow plays with 1gb ram (if i recall corectly).
That's correct. On max settings.  :lol: But now I'm getting those annoying Runtime errors.

Jesus, don't call me Mr. I'm only 13.  :grin:

haha  i tent to call ppl Mr.

on topic: load textures on demand fixed alot pf things for me
also lowering shadow, grass, nr of corpses that remain on the battlefield, ragdolls and resolution worked charms for me :razz:

but mostly it is the game having problems with certain setups.

i managed to finish Metro Last Light on my Laptop (and that says alot on game optimization)

and on that note Armies of Exigo (fantasy RTS game) doesn`t want to start on my laptop because it can`t recognize the Video Card , so game optimization plays a big part in performance

Back
Top Bottom