Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think we all know about the mod custom town. It is a good mod. My suggest is we add a ghost city that once is the capital of Perisno before the great kingdom colapse with similar code from custom town that allow us to re build and expand the town if we ever decide to make our own kingdom of Perisno.

Rebuild the capital and the kingdom, it sound good right?

We can also add a quest to it so if people want to make his own kingdom of Perisno he need to gather money, resources and he have to convince the Perisno people around the map to go back to the old capital and rebuild it.

The number of town folks will open up new upgrade for the town but large number also consuming many resources too

It doesn't really fit as the player is not reviving an old empire but forging a new one from the ruins of the old one. Perhaps it could be an option for a minor faction storyline but it will be somewhat hard to implement properly to fit into the mod and the lore. I do like the idea, however.

Yeah as always coding is the most troublesome part :neutral:
But if I am not mistaken PoP do have a castle as the old ruin? or some sort of Quest, I can't remember clearly since I not really like that mod. may be we can find a way to work around it.
People always love to have more option in Property Management but most mods always focus in making more improvement buildings instead of the way that custom town mod once try to do.

vietanh797 said:
Yeah as always coding is the most troublesome part :neutral:
But if I am not mistaken PoP do have a castle as the old ruin? or some sort of Quest, I can't remember clearly since I not really like that mod. may be we can find a way to work around it.
People always love to have more option in Property Management but most mods always focus in making more improvement buildings instead of the way that custom town mod once try to do.

i think the castle you are talking about is the Noldor(i think that was their name) one, and that is not like that... it more like Do a quest to get relations with the Noldor(elves), to get into the castle to be able to train, get some more quests, better troops and better gear...

the castle is invisible if you don`t have enough relation with the Noldor faction, and is required to complete the game, and is basically unconquerable, unless you cheat or get all the existing lords to attack it (which is highly unlikely).

plus having Noldor troops is already like cheating
ex: 10 noldor rangers  can beat 50 heavy cav, due do OP bows and arrows, not to mention strongest melee compared to other achers...

Alex the Seeker said:
i think the castle you are talking about is the Noldor(i think that was their name) one, and that is not like that... it more like Do a quest to get relations with the Noldor(elves), to get into the castle to be able to train, get some more quests, better troops and better gear...

the castle is invisible if you don`t have enough relation with the Noldor faction, and is required to complete the game, and is basically unconquerable, unless you cheat or get all the existing lords to attack it (which is highly unlikely).

plus having Noldor troops is already like cheating
ex: 10 noldor rangers  can beat 50 heavy cav, due do OP bows and arrows, not to mention strongest melee compared to other achers...
May be I am wrong but there is a mod having quest allow you walk into a old neutral castle. You can walk into in even in beginning of game but I play that mod long ago so can't remember which one. Still the idea is having a few neutral castle ruins somewhere in the map that allow player to develop it, it don't have to be a town but let's make it something unique. Just like the custom town mod once did.

Well if is too much trouble to implement then we better move this aside :sad:

This could possibly stack into one of the suggestions
"Allowing to recruit imprisoned lords."

What about the minor faction leaders? As much as they pose for a possible quest later in the game, or just a powerful nuisance walking around, can we recruit the minor faction leaders by capturing them and trying to convince them to become a vassal?

Pikalyze said:
This could possibly stack into one of the suggestions
"Allowing to recruit imprisoned lords."

What about the minor faction leaders? As much as they pose for a possible quest later in the game, or just a powerful nuisance walking around, can we recruit the minor faction leaders by capturing them and trying to convince them to become a vassal?
I like the idea for recruiting the imprisoned lords, and we shall defiantly take a look at it for 0.7
Though, some minor faction leaders are not meant to be recruited (for various reasons) so I am not yet sure if they would get this option.

I would go against recruiting imprisoned lords if you are referring to the same function in Prophesy of Pendor. It's not very logical for lords to abandon all the lands and title, putting family at risk just to join another guy's faction and not guaranteed anything in return. Especially with honorable and upstanding lords that's not likely ever going to happen.

Maybe could be trigger under special circumstances that the player can guarantee him his title, land and family that the lord would join.

- Being acknowledged by other rulers.
- Very positive relation (+70).
- Very negative relation with the opposite ruler (-30)
- Have available fief corresponding the number of fief that lord had.

You don't simply imprison a lord, then as him to serve you. That's not how things work.

c0s246d.jpg

habeo123 said:
I would go against recruiting imprisoned lords if you are referring to the same function in Prophesy of Pendor. It's not very logical for lords to abandon all the lands and title, putting family at risk just to join another guy's faction and not guaranteed anything in return. Especially with honorable and upstanding lords that's not likely ever going to happen.

Maybe could be trigger under special circumstances that the player can guarantee him his title, land and family that the lord would join.

- Being acknowledged by other rulers.
- Very positive relation (+70).
- Very negative relation with the opposite ruler (-30)
- Have available fief corresponding the number of fief that lord had.

You don't simply imprison a lord, then as him to serve you. That's not how things work.

c0s246d.jpg

Kidnap the lord, kill his troops, keep him in a prison, and then walk towards him and simply say ''Why don't you join my cause?''

I imagine his response would be something like this:

"Join you? After you humiliated me in battle, destroyed my army, raided my territories and kept me in a dark dank hole of a cell for God knows how long? Hmmm, okay, I'll join you, on one condition: you will give me a ton of a gold, a new army, and a couple fiefs. Just, you know, as a sign of good will. And I promise NOT to immediately defect and rejoin my old faction, taking the gold, troops and fiefs you gave me with me, honest. Come on, you think I'd lie to you? :grin:"

Mr. Gloom said:
I imagine his response would be something like this:

"Join you? After you humiliated me in battle, destroyed my army, raided my territories and kept me in a dark dank hole of a cell for God knows how long? Hmmm, okay, I'll join you, on one condition: you will give me a ton of a gold, a new army, and a couple fiefs. Just, you know, as a sign of good will. And I promise NOT to immediately defect and rejoin my old faction, taking the gold, troops and fiefs you gave me with me, honest. Come on, you think I'd lie to you? :grin:"

I swear on one quest, it said that Lords will be given good treatment until they receive ransom.

It said they normally do, if they agree not to try to escape while in captivity. I don't see how throwing them in your castle's Prison Tower can be construed as "good treatment" though.

I love how in Prophecy of Pendor

-There's Town/Castle/Village events, where your ''steward'' would call you back to help on an event (Like ''The well has been poisoned, what should we do?'')

-Knighthood Orders, where you could organize 2 ''minor-faction'' soldiers to assist you in battle as special soldiers.

-Unique spawns for the minor factions (I realised the Vanskerry Raiders can attack Fierdsvain fiefs), and giant armies out of the blue that just do nothing.

Would love it if it was in Perisno, but meh.

More of a sub-board suggestion than a game suggestion but there should be a stickied AAR thread otherwise write a story threads will keep popping up.

Silberfalke said:
Cunobelin said:
More of a sub-board suggestion than a game suggestion but there should be a stickied AAR thread otherwise write a story threads will keep popping up.
true...

By the way, can you please lower ambushes, when I enter my village fiefs just to recruit guys, I get attacked randomly with more than 10 enemies in once.

SilverBrone said:
Silberfalke said:
Cunobelin said:
true...

By the way, can you please lower ambushes, when I enter my village fiefs just to recruit guys, I get attacked randomly with more than 10 enemies in once.
Really... What level are you? How many in-game days have you played?

I have no count now, but I reached up to around 30 something (Does not bother to care about levels now since I never can level up)

EDIT: Removed the quotes.

Gāi tīngcóng Zann yīnggāi bèi chóngxīn mìngmíng wèi dōngxi duō yīdiǎn yàzhōu rén.Hǎobǐ shuō zhào dìguó

SilverBrone said:
I have no count now, but I reached up to around 30 something (Does not bother to care about levels now since I never can level up)

EDIT: Removed the quotes.
Well if you mean 30 days then that is strange. You are not supposed to get a lot of ambushes at that time already. When you get to a higher level you tend to get more ambushes but that does not seem to be the case here.

Cunobelin said:
Gāi tīngcóng Zann yīnggāi bèi chóngxīn mìngmíng wèi dōngxi duō yīdiǎn yàzhōu rén.Hǎobǐ shuō zhào dìguó
No idea what happened here... no idea what this says. No spamming...

Back
Top Bottom