[DISCUSSION] PoP General Talk / Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
Perhaps chapters should not generate free troops for the player, but they could periodicaly restore small ammout of prestige ?

Then how could you get pendorian KO's knights before independence?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  How do you get pendorian knights before declaring your kingdom and taking the pendorian culture?  Isn't it only pendorian nobles that can upgrade to knight and don't you only get them with the pendorian culture?

damesh said:
Perhaps chapters should not generate free troops for the player, but they could periodicaly restore small ammout of prestige ?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  How do you get pendorian knights before declaring your kingdom and taking the pendorian culture?  Isn't it only pendorian nobles that can upgrade to knight and don't you only get them with the pendorian culture?
Pendorian KO's knights are auto generated in the existing chapters - you don't need Pendor Black Archers, Pendor Foot Knights or Pendor Knights.

Getting other culture troops should be logically not as easy as getting your own culture troops, that is if we want faction culture to mean something. And should Ulric really let you establish a Griffon chapter and recruit his nobles for Griffons, the sworn enemies of Lions? But you can always get order troops as quest rewards, if you so wish.
This game is not easy, KO troops are not gods either, they are just like Swadia knights in native, and even less than them, as 100 Swadia knights could defeat a monarch in native, 100 KO knights may not in PoP without player's order.
While the game is indeed not easy, the design behind noble troops is clearly to make them limited, honor troops even more so. Prestige is limited resource and if you happen to like raiding caravans, plundering villages or not ransoming enemy lords, than tough luck. But chapter spam in every walled fief allows you to ignore prestige limitations or honor penalty.
Current system allows you give around 10-20 knights one week for one chapter, whilst you could get 100+ noble knights(that means 50000 money), and countless commoners in the same period.
10-20 knights per chapter each week is no small number in my books. I don´t remember the precise numbers, but I have yet to play a game where i get 100 new weekly noble recruits from one walled fief. Yes there is clearly unlimited supply of commoners, even in villages belonging to hostile lords who should be recruiting there as well, but that is why we have distinction between common and noble troops. Plus you still need to invest time and gold for training of the commoners.

Arizael said:
Getting other culture troops should be logically not as easy as getting your own culture troops, that is if we want faction culture to mean something. And should Ulric really let you establish a Griffon chapter and recruit his nobles for Griffons, the sworn enemies of Lions? But you can always get order troops as quest rewards, if you so wish.
with the founding of most orders you get a relation drop with 2 minor factions/KO, shouldn't it be for griffons instead the Lion KO and Ulric -20, if he is the sworn enemy of the order?

SE4 R@1DER said:
with the founding of most orders you get a relation drop with 2 minor factions/KO, shouldn't it be for griffons instead the Lion KO and Ulric -20, if he is the sworn enemy of the order?

Where did you get that it drops with 2 minor factions/KO? It does always with 2 minor factions.

But anyways, is King Ulric a minor faction/KO?

I agree that King Ulric doesnt like the Griffon (alike the members of the Lion order, which he belonged to), but dropping your relations with him is pretty pointless unless you work for him, making him be less generous with you... but thats pretty much all... not a big deal.

Founding Lions drop relations with Heretics and Rogue Knights (fitting choices)
Founding Griffons drop relations with Heretics and Adventurer Companies (AC are like the moon to the sun, so kinda fits they are against the other ones)

My main point is that creating knighthood orders is too cheap for what they offer in my opinion. Instead of thinking about what it might cost, it has become a no-brainer decision for me to put down an order in every fief I own simply because it wouldn't cost me much. Heck I even dismantle current orders and create new order types without much thought at all.

And while KHO in PoP may not be gods like Swadian Knights, they are still an extremely powerful tool as not only are they near the top end of player-usable troops, they also introduce the heavy cavalry type to the player's toolset, something which is very uncommon in the mercenary phase. Furthermore, they are even more powerful than the "regular" heavy cavalry such as factional knights.

Maybe if it cost significantly more, something like 100k denars and 50 honor, I may start actively thinking on which orders and where to place them but as it is now, everywhere will do.

Having KO chapter cost 5 times more will achieve only one thing - you'll be creating chapters 5 times longer. You'll still want to eventually have a chapter in each of your fiefs that can support it, to maximize how many free honor troops you receive until another war begins. As for placing them everywhere - even now, when at war or before it starts you might want to consider carefully where you are placing your upgraded knights as if you place a chapter in a poorly defended fief thats situated really close to your potential enemies - they'll snatch it from you and then use units you used your money and prestige to upgrade against you. And that can really hurt.

Remember price was already raised for creating KO (now it costs 20k - 30k depending on the order (from all 20k)) and that now dismissing an order (to found the one you want) will lower your relation with that order by 10 (normally making you enemy of the order, as you start neutral with most orders)

True that the ones that can be spammed are kinda no brainer like you point out, you can then give the fief to some vassal (if monarch) or change your KO-chapter fief with a vassal (if you're vassal), making all the vassals in your kingdom get knights and sergeants of the order as bonus troops for almost free, whilst the ones that cost a QG are very very expensive in comparison (surely missing some more "very") and is not recommended whatsoever to spam them, get just 1 if you want to join or upgrade your common troops to order troops, but no more.

I agree a 5k/10k gold difference isnt enough to balance out the QG cost, as some of these requirements are simple, and once you meet it, you can spam it paying a small fee

Maybe its not yet too late?

Sheogorath25 said:
What would everyone here recommend for a knighthood order to join/use? assuming you are using mostly Pendorian troops.

If you are using Pendor guys abiding the lore of restoring the Old Kingdom - go Griffon route. They aren't most powerful, but you can deck out pretty much any order you want with some time and resources, so you can also just go with something you like purely aesthetically (though there still will be some noticeable strength differences based on equipment). They do have some decent gear, so after some stat upgrades they will be quite potent at crushing stuff to death.

If you just want a strong order based on Pendor noble unit line - there is Dawn (heavy cavalry), Ebony Gauntlets (foot siege monsters) and of course marvelous Silvermist Rangers (pretty much tamed noldors under your command, though noticeably weaker in melee).

Are village fiefs the worst to have? My village is getting razed before I can get any repairs or construction in war after war. I've been sinking in thousands to get it running back up again for it to be razed the moment I start campaigning half way across the map. Should I just stop spending money on it and leave it to the crows?

Yeah, only request for castles or towns as fiefs. Lords will just beeline for villages to raid and it becomes a periodical loss of income if you have Skilled Craftsmen in it.
They are also extremely hard to defend as you the defender will spawn with farmers in your army while the enemy gets their proper army. Not to mention, everyone is dismounted which means all elite cavalry become nothing more than regular grunts.

Could anyone who “luckily” downloaded it report how it looks like?

Perhaps it is just a modified 3.8.4 with the name of 3.9, for the finest situation :meh:

It was a .exe, I know that by reading the reddit comments, not a .rar

People said that it looked strange, and that they scanned that exe, and it was clean.

But that is all I know, Im couldnt give it a go myself. When you execute it, it unpacked stuff I know nothing of. This quote was the most I could find about it.

I scanned the .exe file before installing and the folder afterwards, all read clean. Now I've deleted everything that came with it and running full scans on the PC.

Is the pompous occult crowd (AnddyiRaynor, Falconian etc.) at it again?

Leonion said:
Oh, that's why I hate it when mods are packed as .exe files.
.rar forever!
You can manually extract some exes (including this one) with 7-Zip.

Fun fact: It's not even new given the last modification date of most files inside. The only "new" components are in the data folder (they must be the files doing weird things).

Also, I sent the new exes in it to virustotal:

wms.exe
002.exe
003.exe
004.exe
005.exe

PS. The latter four are password-protected.

PPS. reverse.it results:
wms.exe
002.exe
003.exe
004.exe
005.exe

Back
Top Bottom