[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Madman666 said:
No way, this mod should be this mod, not like perisno or acok or anything else. For dark theme there are heretics, fancy armors should stay fancy.

Madman666, you summed it up perfectly! :mrgreen: PoP should always be the PoP, the whole PoP, and nothing but the PoP! :razz:

Leonin, I'm with you about Perisno. :???: I suppose you could join the Demon Lords? :wink:

Is it possible to put a condition on the UllrVetr bow so that you only receive it if you have the necessary Power Draw to be able to actually use it? Or maybe just lower the PD requirement? Since Wolfbode usually spawns pretty early and gets defeated relatively quickly, the player is usually receiving and losing the bow way too early to ever use it. It doesnt make sense that a god would manifest as a living weapon and then place himself in the hands of some schmuck who's not even strong enough to pull the string. I'd think a god would either choose a capable archer in the first place or use his godly powers to grant the bearer the power to wield it properly. Maybe the bow could require PD 4, or it could give a temporary +2 or +3 PD bonus as long as you have it in your possession. As it is, the bow seems pretty pointless.

That actually sounds quite right. I usually just hand it over to Diev or something, so he can wreck some dudes with it, but if you think about it, you shouldn't be granted it if you can't do anything with it. +1 from me.

Lord Irontoe said:
Is it possible to put a condition on the UllrVetr bow so that you only receive it if you have the necessary Power Draw to be able to actually use it? Or maybe just lower the PD requirement? Since Wolfbode usually spawns pretty early and gets defeated relatively quickly, the player is usually receiving and losing the bow way too early to ever use it. It doesnt make sense that a god would manifest as a living weapon and then place himself in the hands of some schmuck who's not even strong enough to pull the string. I'd think a god would either choose a capable archer in the first place or use his godly powers to grant the bearer the power to wield it properly. Maybe the bow could require PD 4, or it could give a temporary +2 or +3 PD bonus as long as you have it in your possession. As it is, the bow seems pretty pointless.
Good suggestion - player will have a chance to actually use it as exploit with keeping the bow after Wolfbode defeat is fixed in 3.8.5. If there will be no objections from the other devs, difficulty will be lowered 7->5.

k0nr@d said:
Lord Irontoe said:
Good suggestion - player will have a chance to actually use it as exploit with keeping the bow after Wolfbode defeat is fixed in 3.8.5. If there will be no objections from the other devs, difficulty will be lowered 7->5.
But that was only in case you hold it yourself, I don't think it is a bug.
It feels more that you "passed the test" from the god and he know you are the chosen one so decided to award that bow to help you.

Any chance of implementing a piece of head armour for player/companions/CKOs with no visible model, or something very unobtrusive like a headband/tiara/tattoo, so that we can show off the new and improved faces? Could call it a Blessing of Astraea/Mark of Azi Dahaka/Rune of Vejovis etc... I really liked the face code overhaul that you did recently. The lords especially look awesome now.

Chriss39 said:
Any chance of implementing a piece of head armour for player/companions/CKOs with no visible model, or something very unobtrusive like a headband/tiara/tattoo, so that we can show off the new and improved faces? Could call it a Blessing of Astraea/Mark of Azi Dahaka/Rune of Vejovis etc... I really liked the face code overhaul that you did recently. The lords especially look awesome now.
You can wear a crown.

k0nr@d said:
Chriss39 said:
You can wear a crown.

Aye, I know. It's only the one though isn't it? I was thinking of a more mass market item.

I want to be a Noldor lord/lady! Can you implement this please ?  :grin: Also wouldn't mind some diplomacy options for dealing with faction relations... in my current gameplay on max difficult I've found myself battered between two factions and have already lost my sweet saphire rune bow in the three hundred days of fighting :cry: . I lack motivation to fight back because every time we take something the enemy is going to take it back despite of the fact that my faction has close to 30 lords and during peace time about 4000+ troops. Also a good addition would be adding more unique spawns as they tend to get rarer as the days go by and minor factions get obliterated. It of course would lead to a situation in which the player finds him/herself piled up in Q-Gems so there could be an option to release the unique spawn/hero for a rune. The runes could have multiple uses; be used to forge unique pieces of equipment, add up troop health/damage if equipped (note that you will need a rune slot in your character), or anything else you might care to think about. Besides all this you should be able to upgrade the level of your military patrol and add the feature from M&B fire/sword bla to invest in caravans. Thanks and enjoy the game!

PS if you find some of the features ':facepalm:' please ignore them and move on! :lol:

Edit: Big thanks to devs for bringing about this awesome mod! Every update is a positive addition to the mod so keep on doing what you do because it's very much appreciated!

^ The above got me thinking: would it be too much trouble to introduce a few Noldor potential spouses to the mod, i.e. one for each lady type? Not that I would personally lower myself to marrying a tree rat - I'm not into bestiality, but several people here would like to, I guess.

Wow, thats an interesting suggestion. There has to be some benefit for full relations with Noldor right? Why not make it being able to actually marry into one of their noble houses and potentially gain some beneficial perks from it? Like negotiating some small noldor patrols around certain fief or even something like a small warband for support in wars? The way KHO can form a warband which acts in support of its kingdom for some time, then goes back and disperses? Obviously with much lesser numbers of troops, but it would certainly be nice to actually see some proactive support from tree huggers for a change.

And maybe.... just maaaaybe noldor ladies will have such a wondeful thing as a fashion sense and won't be so scary to look at, when you come home from one nightmare (war) to another...:smile:

I have quite a large idea for the end game:

1)
Including an rp element like the heartbeat quests at certain points in the game where you come across stuff and your actions are one of three and added to a check box

2)
When you finally complete your kingdom if you choose to continue then there will be a full scale invasion of an army type.

3)
This army type is linked to the choices you made from that list In other words if you choose too many of one then you will get that.
Or you could choose to win.

4)
If you are a corrupt ruler (perhaps choosing lots of options where you get money out of it, you treat your people terribly and increase the taxes too much then your kingdom will go into a civil war (or in other words a load of peasants rise up led by some hero adventurers you lose a city or two and some of your lords join this faction; the honorable ones since you have been a corrupt prick)

If you are really anti-snake cult with your choices, like blaming things on the snake cult a lot and having them reach -100 first before others then you get a snake cult invasion or a load of them spawn

Then you have the heretics

Then you have barclay and Mettenheim who might consider your kingdom weak

Perhaps keep a lord of those factions hidden, spawn them next to a town, remove town garrison and then have them siege it.

Perhaps your noldor relations are -100 and the noldor decide that you as ruler of these lands is unacceptable and a threat to their existence so they invade in a final act of defiance.

I have been finding that i am reaching a point where i know i will win, would be nice to have that reason to finish forming a strong nation.

~~~~  this would give more character development which is always nice, and a threat that you are uniting the kingdom against.
Would be nice to rp a total ******* who gets invaded by a massive army and just sits in his castle while half his kingdom is under siege because its not his problem.
Or to bring out 200 knights against those peasants. They need to see what their money has been paying for first hand.

This is probably too much to ask, but i thought of it and it would be pointless to not write it down.  :idea:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Oh and the Order of the Radiant Cross knight armour is not available for CKHO troops which makes me sad.

SpectralKnight said:
2)
When you finally complete your kingdom if you choose to continue then there will be a full scale invasion of an army type.

Yes, endgame lacks any action really. It's like a movie, with happy end. Everything will eventually will be perfect and it ends there.

Give us a real challenge, let the barclay start sending invading armies, let the snake cult revive to the invincible state...

There is a fort scene right beside the sea, right?!
Let the gods warn you about inbound snake cult armies, make a little ship icon and let them sail to empire lands, then you can either try and stop right in the port fortification or either let them arrive and spawn 5-10 SC armies instantly

While I agree, that it'd be nice to have more events as something like "endgame crisis" new king has to solve, I am pretty sure that with current workforce and time available, devs won't pick up a big request like that sadly, unless one of them really likes the idea and dedicates pretty much all of his\her free time to it willingly. So I'd much rather have minor factions just get a moderate "recovery boost" after Kingdom of Pendor is formed, so that it'll be MUCH harder to bring them down after new faction comes to board and war brews anew. And an ability for minor factions to eventually recover from any kind of Obliterated state if player took too much time trying to eradicate other minor factions and achieve victory.

Yea i would honestly be really happy if that were to happen.
They die to fast.
I find that they just become destroyed if you join a KHO that has their faction as a bounty. You end up killing their patrols, and their larger forces get cut down because they cant catch the lord armies with the smaller ones and kill them before they mass up enough.

End up with the feeling of "ok now lets go kill these bad-oh they are already dead."
They lose too many points essentially via their stacks dying.
I wouldn't even mind the option to keep them alive permanently.
Activate a script that keeps increasing the base size of their spawns.

I like all these ideas. I find the minor factions frustrating. Theyre all at full strength early game and spawning armies left and right at a time when there's very little you can do about them, but by the late game when you finally have the army to fight them, they're mostly obliterated or on the edge. Even when they come back its very hard for them to get back to healthy status.

I'd love to see some kind of late game resurgence of the minor factions. Maybe it could trigger when the player's kingdom reaches a certain size, indicating that its mostly secure, and then all hell breaks loose with invading armies everywhere. Or the simpler solution would just be to tweak the percentage chance when asking lords for rumors so that its much more likely to spawn armies.

I also like the idea of Perisno's Zann invasion, with a whole new faction coming in and taking over land and shaking things up, but I think it has the same problem in that it happens too early in the game before the player is able to really affect it one way or the other, so it just becomes another faction on the board. It would be great if it happened after the player has a strong kingdom, so that as the regular factions are becoming weaker, you suddenly have a powerful new enemy to fight.

I also like the idea of invading armies when the player's kingdom reaches a certain size. Perhaps Barclay fearing an equal force in the world? Azi Dahaka throwing all her armies at Pendor? The Noldor fearing complete extinction launching a desperate full-scale assault? Some other enemies or all of them combined?

But I see 2 major problems with this kind of endgame content:

It would probably be too difficult/time-consuming to implement.

In some way it probably goes against in-game lore or against the dev's plans.

k0nr@d I know you have a certain connections inside :grin: thit is obvious, please, please can you get a word to them about that?

Like the most dedicated players asked you to give an option to them of giving a minor factions more standing power, like ability to come back from obliterated state... just an option not a default nor permanent one, if the challenge PoP offers isn't enough/satisfying for one...

We already have that in the form of cheating and manually spawning random armies, but challenge is not a proper one if you're the one in control and know if you touch any of the armies they will become obliterated again...

I'd personally love to be still desperate and be feared to leave a fief after a thousand extensive days of character improvement

!!!

How about making an end game survival challenge? How about making playing single save more than a thousand or two days non-viable option, if you play it long you'll eventually lose, you wouldn't believe how happy I would be if I can see players struggling to outrun each other and compete how long they can last and survive in the game?!
It will give players a chance to explore, harness and experience all that power they gathered during the whole time, how powerful their characters really are?!

If the devs can give me that I swear the PoP will be my number one game, surpassing counter-strike 1.6, which I played for more than twelve years and still play occasionally.

I believe even SD stated the idea of "invasion" forces in Pendor is not a good idea nor happening.

Minor factions can still be strong late game, some of you know how to play the mod very thoroughly, therefore minor factions get beaten severely. They're supposed to be beaten, even if it's not by you because the island of Pendor is very much active and AI goes at one another.

Nor the introduction of losing will ever be brought in because this mod is already hard in some aspects. Introducing a non viable way to win is not in anyway something that belongs in PoP.

And suggestions are suggestions, a group of you guys don't get to push your agreed agenda even if it's popular. If we see a suggestion, popular or not, and decide to go from there, that's on us.

Also there's no faction on that planet that would invade Pendor. Last thing they want is a United Pendor to fight a common foe. Other things are going on in the world that Pendor exists.

MitchyMatt said:
Nor the introduction of losing will ever be brought in because this mod is already hard in some aspects. Introducing a non viable way to win is not in anyway something that belongs in PoP.

I'm not talking about not being able to fulfil the prophesy, and something like a god telling you that you have lost and failed to fulfil it, all I'm saying is to in one way or another make it so that challenge is existent in every part of the gameplay, which is not the case after 600-800 days...
If I can prove that it is easy will you consider the option of limitless and constant challenges? How about less than 200 day speedrun?

Back
Top Bottom