[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, has the bodyslide option already been suggested ? I really like it, it makes the battles less boring when you get knocked since you never stop fighting, plus you have the occasion to test your troops.

Ralyks18 said:
mirrorflame said:
Many times I want to join in a fight forcefully like stopping a raiding or helping the farmers of a nation we're at war with but cannot get involved or forcefully attack the Raiding lord. It would be a great help if the devs can add an option to forcefully attack a party.

For sure its better to wait till they die and then fight them. They are useless troops that will almost do nothing in the battlefield but if they survive the battle, they'll only steal from you loot. Siding with them against the enemy instead of waiting and going solo will still drop relations with the enemy, and you wont get any relation gain with those villagers or their kingdom as that relation is stated by the war and both kingdom's relations, not you.

There is an option to forcefully attack most minor factions. I think its fine as it is, but you can feel free to suggest things like these, but 95% sure this wont go in.

I know it's just for the sake of being able to do anything we want. It gives a sense of freedom and it feels nice to bash in the skulls of raiders :twisted:

YnØs said:
Hey, has the bodyslide option already been suggested ? I really like it, it makes the battles less boring when you get knocked since you never stop fighting, plus you have the occasion to test your troops.
It's considered grossly overpowered.

Is it possible to add a Troop tree for Monks/Pilgrims? When I see them I remember the Monk troops from Shogun 2 Total War. It would be cool if they could be upgraded into a glass cannon but with strict limit or under tough conditions.

Also adding a few more orders for the other nations besides the Empire [who have 4 now] would be great. Especially Ravenstern and the Fierdvain. They really need some new troops even Elite or Unique ones for some of the lords like the D'shar Djaha Archers. It will make the game more interesting.

Coupling this with the previously posted/stated increase in Blunt weapons for mounted/field combat and used by troops like Heretics or Fierdvain, if we can add a few more crossbows as well it would be great. A lot of people like crossbows [including me] and sadly we have to switch to Archery due to them not being able to keep at high/endgame level gameplay. Archery is fun ofcourse but it would be nice to variety. Making the Arbalest available would be a good step as well.

For armor, more variety of light armor like the Brigadine which have low weight and decent defense would be nice. It can help switch up the gameplay. There are an amazing selection of heavy armors and there is no need to improve on that I believe.

For weapons, Axes and short Polearms like War Spears/Light Lances really need more love. From the mid to end stage gameplay, swords become the uniform choice of weapons [Rune Weapons, Noldor Weapons and so on] and it's a bit boring. Having more axes/thrusting polearms/blunt weapons would be great.

From your list there is a plan to do something with Monks and Pilgrims. No new KOs, many armours or weapons. Xbows should be worse than bows, as players doesn't have to invest any points in them.

k0nr@d said:
From your list there is a plan to do something with Monks and Pilgrims. No new KOs, many armours or weapons. Xbows should be worse than bows, as players doesn't have to invest any points in them.

That also means that they have less potential, as they dont have anything like the Power Draw/Power strike/Power Throw skill that adds bonus damage depending on how many skill points you invest.

IMO its annoying to see how the best mounted xbow is so damn far from the best mounted bow (that is as well the best non-mounted bow). Balanced xbow could be maybe the one chosen to be usable whilst mounted, idk.

Crossbows are great as they are. Personally I use archers only in defensive sieges and in form of horse archers, and even in that field Falcon Talons are amazing troops. Crossbows all the way, for troops, and for low strength companions, and companions who can't spare skill points.

k0nr@d said:

Nice. Good to know that there is going to be some religious forces around. It will add more flavor to the game. We have the followers of the Demons around like the Heretics or the Snake Cult so it's right that we get some followers of the Gods to fight them :mrgreen:

I understand your meaning about the crossbows and it's sad that such a cool weapon has to be let go for game balance. Well I wasn't expecting new KO's to be honest just hoping for a more even split among the factions. Right now to get many KO's you have to be Empire. Regarding Armor as well it was just a suggestion since there are many good armors especially the ones with bonuses around.

Regarding weapons, I will keep hoping lol :smile: I am more of thrusting spear/axe/blunt weapon kind of guy so I typed my request. I know it's really hard on the dev's to make new equipment so not forcing you guys at all. Just a suggestion  :mrgreen:

sher said:
Crossbows are great as they are. Personally I use archers only in defensive sieges and in form of horse archers, and even in that field Falcon Talons are amazing troops. Crossbows all the way, for troops, and for low strength companions, and companions who can't spare skill points.

True, the Talons of the Falcon are an amazing troop especially as mounted skirmishers and they have a powerful weapon to boot [the maiden crossbow]. I created tons of chapters of the Falcon Order in 3.7 just to get these troops for free. Though in 3.8, there are many new troops especially the new D'shar Cavalry line that can substitute or even outperform the Talons of the Falcon and they are easily mass recruitable non-noble non-KO troops.

This is one of the reasons I wanted some new crossbows as well. It's a cool weapon and can be a charge weapon for companions who don't invest in Power Draw. Maybe even a few more weaker mounted crossbow options would be good.

@mirrorflame Monks/Pilgrims, but rather not in a religious (European) contexts, more battle oriented (Shaolin). It is not confirmed yet, just speculations.

mirrorflame said:
Is it possible to add a Troop tree for Monks/Pilgrims? When I see them I remember the Monk troops from Shogun 2 Total War. It would be cool if they could be upgraded into a glass cannon but with strict limit or under tough conditions.

Also adding a few more orders for the other nations besides the Empire [who have 4 now] would be great. Especially Ravenstern and the Fierdvain. They really need some new troops even Elite or Unique ones for some of the lords like the D'shar Djaha Archers. It will make the game more interesting.

Coupling this with the previously posted/stated increase in Blunt weapons for mounted/field combat and used by troops like Heretics or Fierdvain, if we can add a few more crossbows as well it would be great. A lot of people like crossbows [including me] and sadly we have to switch to Archery due to them not being able to keep at high/endgame level gameplay. Archery is fun ofcourse but it would be nice to variety. Making the Arbalest available would be a good step as well.

For armor, more variety of light armor like the Brigadine which have low weight and decent defense would be nice. It can help switch up the gameplay. There are an amazing selection of heavy armors and there is no need to improve on that I believe.

For weapons, Axes and short Polearms like War Spears/Light Lances really need more love. From the mid to end stage gameplay, swords become the uniform choice of weapons [Rune Weapons, Noldor Weapons and so on] and it's a bit boring. Having more axes/thrusting polearms/blunt weapons would be great.

I have made quite a few new weapons for my own game (e.g. made 1H Axes from the short 2H Axes and stuff).
Short thrusting weapons might be something I'd take a look at. Never really considered it as I remember polearms that allowed shields only could perform thrust animation. With the new thrusting animation however, this might just work. Or I might add additional attack animations for them.

What I'm trying to say is: If you think something's missing, add it, try it and see if it works.

Morgh's can easily add items based upon existing items, just need to add/edit the appropriate stats.

k0nr@d said:
@mirrorflame Monks/Pilgrims, but rather not in a religious (European) contexts, more battle oriented (Shaolin). It is not confirmed yet, just speculations.

I was thinking the same. In my first post also I mentioned the Monk troops from Shogun 2 Total War. It's going to be amazing :mrgreen:.

Back
Top Bottom