[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Serazu said:
Aunodin said:
Serazu said:
Shield Maiden would be better for infantry units. As for Wild Hunters being mythological, Valkyries and Einherjars were mythological creations also, so there's no harm in that. And the term "einherjar" attached to a woman does not sit well with me.
You could have been a woman and ended up as an Einherjar, you just needed to die in battle valiantly and chosen by the Valkyries. Remember that not all of the Norse fighting dead did not go to Valhalla. Half of those chosen by the Valkyries went to the halls of Freya called Fólkvangr.

And does that mean that women entered Valhalla? Is there any relevant example in myths you are aware of?

Your second argument though is somehow valid. Still, if you remember Toblik, he says that women in Pendor are treated like men in Veccavia. Women have opportunities, yes, still they are not treated equally.
There is no specific examples of them going to Valhalla but there were many women who fought alongside the men during the viking age, after they mainly went christian the women warriors sorta stopped happening.

Aunodin said:
Serazu said:
Aunodin said:
Serazu said:
Shield Maiden would be better for infantry units. As for Wild Hunters being mythological, Valkyries and Einherjars were mythological creations also, so there's no harm in that. And the term "einherjar" attached to a woman does not sit well with me.
You could have been a woman and ended up as an Einherjar, you just needed to die in battle valiantly and chosen by the Valkyries. Remember that not all of the Norse fighting dead did not go to Valhalla. Half of those chosen by the Valkyries went to the halls of Freya called Fólkvangr.

And does that mean that women entered Valhalla? Is there any relevant example in myths you are aware of?

Your second argument though is somehow valid. Still, if you remember Toblik, he says that women in Pendor are treated like men in Veccavia. Women have opportunities, yes, still they are not treated equally.
There is no specific examples of them going to Valhalla but there were many women who fought alongside the men during the viking age, after they mainly went christian the women warriors sorta stopped happening.

That is one thing. Being one of the allfather's personal retinue preparing for Ragnarok entirely another.

Serazu said:
That is one thing. Being one of the allfather's personal retinue preparing for Ragnarok entirely another.
Well again you still had the chance to end up in freya's realm so it was 50/50, but getting off topic.

Since Freyja is related to the Valkyrie (or sometimes portrayed as one) then it would make more sense to call the tier before Valkyrie for Folkvangr. One of Freyja's domains is battle after all, and as someone mentioned earlier, she gets half of those who are slain in battle.
They could also be called Valfreyja, but I guess that it would "techniquely" need to be a higher rank that Valkyrie, since it is one of several names for Freyja. So I guess I will vote for "Lady Valkyrie" to be changed into Valfreyja, mostly because I like that name and because it sound a bit more "epic" than Valkyrie.
I still hold that the Lady Einherjars should be renamed into Skjaldmaer (Shieldmaiden).

So the lineup for the Knights would start with Fierdsvain Noble Maiden, who after acquiring experience can join the Folkvangr, one who are chosen among Folkvangr then gets to be called a Valkyrie, who after proving herself as a warrior goddess/master of war will get to join the Order and be called a Valfreyja.

The Skjaldmaer would be the non-noble women who have proved themselves in battle and sworn an allegiance to the Order.

So I think that the order of the Radient cross should be a garenteed spawn in Ethos. This is because of their lore of being super important to the New Empire with helping to fight the Red Plague and the Snake Cult. This is on top of them having the offical backing of Marius. Just does not make a lot of sense that this order that has so much importance to the storyline and recent importance has no chapter house. If you want to keep them out of a city to prevent the city from being harder to take, an option could be to make them spawn in at one of the keeps in the Empire such as Rela keep.

Just popped in to say that it's nice Sara is back doing work here. It feels nice, having this blast from the past. A positive spark for this project, definitely.

Small suggestion for immersion sake. If there is only one file associated with voice acting, which don't allow you to have female voice for female players and male voice for male, then perhaps a way to turn it off ? I'm RP'n Lady Valkyrie with a pretty female character and a Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. It;s like a cold slap back to reality .

Is there a chance that you will include some of the features from the Viking Conquest DLC?
I am thinking specifically about:
- Hideouts, where you can garrison the troops that you do not need (if you got to many or need to sneak into a town). Alternatively you could let us build a barrack in the villages, where we can garrison a set amount of troops (50-100).
- Banners, since it is awesome to see you own banner on the battlefield, and it is a good way to give your units a slight increase in morale (never really been a problem, but still cool).
- Ships, but I know that might be highly unlikely due to how complicated they are to implement, and since you would have to make a sea to sail in and somewhere to said to.

-----

Other suggestions (I might as well post a bunch at a time).

Will you make a village improvement which would let us train the villagers into recruits or militia instead of farmers?
This would obviously only be useful in rare situations, but it would make sense that we can have a small and inexperienced "garrison" in case of emergencies. This would obviously make more sense for some of the nations than others, e.g. Fierdsvain due to their traditions, Ravenstern villages might have a few "hunters" (to keep an eye out for Mystmountain Raiders, so that the village can get evacuated) so they might field 10 Ravenstern Skirmishers.
Then again, if you where do do this it might be easier to make some "special" villager troops, that would only be found in villages and maybe in patrols (a bit like Town Militiamen). These units would be on the level of Bandits, e.g. slightly better gear than recruits. Maybe even a few units of "Deserters" level, e.g. better gear but still no threat, and a single "leader" at level 10.
This could work well with the previously mentioned "Barracks" idea, and it should maybe decrease the amount of gold the village generates.
Or at least give us the option to have the villagers stay back from combat, so that I can bring my army instead...

Update: I just found out that you can get a ship by using the cheat menu, not that the ships of much use, but it was rather fun to play Vanskery Raider for a while :smile:

First, I'd like to say that the release of 3.704 & 5 made my Christmas  :grin: Restraining myself from playing just one more day before 3.706 comes out and renders my current save useless has been very difficult indeed. That said...

I've noticed that while most of the kings don't seem to have changed much in looks between versions, Ulric's appearance has changed radically - from a man who pulled the red hair & beard off far better than Gregory (which suited his demon-slaying, Empire-wrecking badassery in my last 3.611 game perfectly) to a bald guy with a brown beard, a look which IMO is very unflattering on him. Was there a reason for this, and is there any chance he could revert to his old appearance in a future version?

gorjak said:
First, I'd like to say that the release of 3.704 & 5 made my Christmas  :grin: Restraining myself from playing just one more day before 3.706 comes out and renders my current save useless has been very difficult indeed. That said...

I've noticed that while most of the kings don't seem to have changed much in looks between versions, Ulric's appearance has changed radically - from a man who pulled the red hair & beard off far better than Gregory (which suited his demon-slaying, Empire-wrecking badassery in my last 3.611 game perfectly) to a bald guy with a brown beard, a look which IMO is very unflattering on him. Was there a reason for this, and is there any chance he could revert to his old appearance in a future version?
Can't you just import/export you character to the new version when it is released?
You can get your gear back by using the "cheatmenu" and gain the gold for it by using CTRL+X in the inventory (IIRC).

I think Finneas's potions should allow for using 3 of each type before the effects are halved. Allowing only 3 drinks in total is like a big tease. I'll probably never use the 2 new ones knowing that it means I can only use the Elixir of Arkon once at full strength. Why limit it?

Epicrules said:
3.7 wasn't really designed with balance in mind, I'm guessing. Hence the Highlanders now being part of Ravenstern's main troop tree, among other things.

Well I am going to still say that the highlanders were a great addition. They are not too op but they really do help the Ravenstorm which even with them seem to have problems, at least that is what I have been finding with a pure ravenstern run against Sarleon

Eh, they weren't really an addition, they were just made more accessible (in the worst way possible, IMO) to Ravenstern vassals by making them top-tier Infantry instead of Household troops. Ravenstern was always my favorite faction and it was pretty challenging to play them, requiring rather clever tactics on the part of the player, but I think there are better ways to buff Ravenstern than that. Kierguards themselves could use a bit of a buff to make them more durable, for example. They're very squishy for a (former, I guess...) top-tier troop, and they are absolutely abysmal in siege attacks.

There really should be an option to order War Parties allied to your kingdom when you're a sovereign. My overeager CKO has a tendency of sending me war parties when they're not properly trained and equipped yet. Better to send them to a castle to garrison it.

Lord Irontoe said:
I think Finneas's potions should allow for using 3 of each type before the effects are halved. Allowing only 3 drinks in total is like a big tease. I'll probably never use the 2 new ones knowing that it means I can only use the Elixir of Arkon once at full strength. Why limit it?
To make them less abusable, and giving a chance for builds other than "pump INT and overdose on elixirs" to exist.

Also, there are only 2 potions and a dust. The dust affect all your companions at once with a random effect(+2 STR/AGI/CHA; +2 INT or +WPF)

I have small suggestion about CKO - is there a chance to make knights only male and stg. only female, as that will perfect balance my 4 orders - Griffons an only male order, Falcons as mix. of man and woman, Valkierie as only female and my own order, as mix of male knights and female stg...

Noromiz said:
gorjak said:

Can't you just import/export you character to the new version when it is released?
You can get your gear back by using the "cheatmenu" and gain the gold for it by using CTRL+X in the inventory (IIRC).
Hm, I never tried that before - I thought it'd trigger the cheating warnings & 'achievement' like the battlefield cheats do. I'll give it a shot now though, really don't want to have to completely scrap my current save just when things are getting good & slog through the early game all over again.

gorjak said:
Hm, I never tried that before - I thought it'd trigger the cheating warnings & 'achievement' like the battlefield cheats do. I'll give it a shot now though, really don't want to have to completely scrap my current save just when things are getting good & slog through the early game all over again.

Yup - only the in-battle cheats make you lose achievement bonuses.  Ctrl + H cheat (health) and Ctrl + F4 cheat (if that's the one that damages enemies in battle).

So you can active cheat menu (Ctrl + ~, then type cheatmenu, hit enter, select Camp. "Nocheatmenu" to turn it off) and use this to find all the items in the game so you don't have to wait for it in shops.
You can also use a save game editor, and copy the inventory stats from your precious save to your new one by typing it manually. This also has the benefit of passing along any stats like Lordly or Balanced etc.

gorjak said:
Noromiz said:
gorjak said:

The only thing that should trigger the "Cheater Achievement" is using cheats in battle, but then again, if you trigger the achievement when remaking your character, then it will happen in the early part of the game anyway, so there wouldn't be much harm done.

Back
Top Bottom