SP - General Diplomacy - Clans should come to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
Seems a bit odd that the only way to recruit new clans into your kingdom is to seek them out... especially as your power and renown grow. Also if their current ruler isnt taking good care of them (they have no fiefs)

Clans should be inclined to seek you out and request to join "the winning team".

Or(/and) an ability to spawn your own clans. If you can start a clan, why can't any other charachter - especially with player as patron?

But I support this!

Or(/and) an ability to spawn your own clans. If you can start a clan, why can't any other charachter - especially with player as patron?

But I support this!
Yea man, how about you can let a high level companion form their own clan in your kingdom?

Yea man, how about you can let a high level companion form their own clan in your kingdom?
"Your highness, Lady Ariana the Black of Sargat"!

Why not, it´s a SP game, it´s your immersion-level that matters :smile:
Problems except maybe that immersion issue:
  • "High level" companions tends to a bit old, don't they? A single-person clan is quite weak.. And even if they land a marriage, and breed, even a 2 -person clan is weak. And them progressing from there takes another 20 years. It will likely not be the Companions´s clan for very long, before 2 adults are both from other noble clans
  • Clan level - They have the same background as the player. What good immersive argument for awarding them T2 status where clans are allowed to be vassals?
I like the idea and would love to be able to motivate this!

My solution to this is that the game introduce/spawns alot more T0 clans, that´s adventurers like the player. They evelope into Bandit-clans, manhunter-clans, mercenary-clans, retainie-clan etc depending on traits and needs. These can be recruited(as mercenaries) and they can also be spawned by player or AI clans. For example, a player can spawn a retainie clan with a companion. They will roam the map, be your friends and as long you have a higher clan-level, you can leviate their support some way. They can marry other wanderers or - in unlikely cases - nobles(out of player control). Spawning a few of them early on and beeing somewhat lucky, giving them some success - and by the time you have kingdom, you might have a bunch of such clans with good relation and acceptable size and kids soon coming to age to reinforce the clan.

This is however huge.

In the meanwhile, I´d like these 2 options:
  1. Rise a local noble to spawn a T2 clan(2 marriad adults and 2 teenager childen) on demand. This requires beeing ruler and has a 2-3 year cooldown.
  2. Rise a non-descendant familly-member to his own T2 clan. This requires T4 clan

Back
Top Bottom