Diplomacy 4.3 + OSP 2.0 (It is ALIVE!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Perdikas said:
Well come to think of it, perhaps it is more lore friendly to Native if Rhodoks would host knights that prefer to fight on foot,  thus wielding polehammers as the germanic knights had done in the 13th century. Possibly something similar for the nords too, however the skandinavian knights prefered the use of shields at the time. I know I can implement it myself, it is only an idea id like to throw out there. Maybe its something to consider.

Other than this, I realy like your items collection in conjunction with the other mods you've incluided and how you've put the troops together, gj.  :grin:

I'm glad you like it. Yes, I have thought about giving the Rhodoks foot knights as opposed to mounted knights. The main reason I gave them the mounted units was for balance, but I may change it up soon. Thank you for the input.

thick1988 said:
Perdikas said:
Well come to think of it, perhaps it is more lore friendly to Native if Rhodoks would host knights that prefer to fight on foot,  thus wielding polehammers as the germanic knights had done in the 13th century. Possibly something similar for the nords too, however the skandinavian knights prefered the use of shields at the time. I know I can implement it myself, it is only an idea id like to throw out there. Maybe its something to consider.

Other than this, I realy like your items collection in conjunction with the other mods you've incluided and how you've put the troops together, gj.  :grin:

I'm glad you like it. Yes, I have thought about giving the Rhodoks foot knights as opposed to mounted knights. The main reason I gave them the mounted units was for balance, but I may change it up soon. Thank you for the input.

You could also give Rhodoks and Nords just enough riding skill for their horses so they will be slow on horse but give them good athletics skill so they are better on foot. That way they don't compete with the other factions on horse but out-perform them in sieges or when dismounted.

JethroKirby said:
thick1988 said:
Perdikas said:

You could also give Rhodoks and Nords just enough riding skill for their horses so they will be slow on horse but give them good athletics skill so they are better on foot. That way they don't compete with the other factions on horse but out-perform them in sieges or when dismounted.

The problem with that is the armament. While mounted units enjoy using the lance + sidearm and at times dont even have a sidearm, it would be more effective to have dismounted knights be dismounted and armed with the appropiate weapons. Realistically I suggested the polehammer, it was a knightly weapon at the time and many knights who would fight dismounted used it. In theory (and in the players hands with enough proficiency) I'd imagine it to be quite effective against horsemen, the overhead swing is powerful and in addition, the thrust makes horses reel. It is long enough to fight mounted units yet short enough for infantry. It is also reliable in large quantities as it only needs a small window to land blows.

It would be different for the nords as they prefered to fight with shields, they would have a weakness against cavalry but be perfect for seiges just like Native. However given that they block, atleast they wont die to a couched lance in the inicial charge while Rhodok knights would run that risk. In concept I would believe it to be balanced this way (balance is mainly a question of proficiency/powerstrike/ironflesh/shield/athletics which is in my opinion the hardest thing to do well) and for those who much enjoy foot combat such as myself whether it be a noble knight or a treacherous nord, it would be ideal  :grin:.

Edit: There was one more thing id like to suggest is in order to maintain mononational armies for both ai and the player which in my opinion allows for better immersion, all territory that belongs to a faction should allow the recruitment of that factions troops. Even those that were previously owned by another faction and if the case should be that the player is neutral, the troops recruited could go from the farmer into mercenary troop line or better yet from farmer into manhunter troop line so that mercenaries dont forgo their purpose. I dont know how to implement this myself unfortunately, but if I could I would hehe.

Erm .. . izit the troops don stack together while they are close to u when u engage with the enermy ? ? how i make them stack ? feel free to help me up ~ thanks

ssurcp said:
Erm .. . izit the troops don stack together while they are close to u when u engage with the enermy ? ? how i make them stack ? feel free to help me up ~ thanks

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1226161.html#msg1226161 ... Might be some differen´t numbers in the lines but yeah there it is.

I finally got it to work. Had to turn on "load textures on demand".

BUG: Militia woman looks like a man

Any Chance you can release the upcoming releases (for diplomacy 2.:cool: with small updates? Just the files that have been altered? Because I have a download limit and your mod is rather large (more than 230 MB I believe). So only the altered files would be necessary to upload.

Sorry if I missed it, but I couldn't find the answer to my question after reading through this thread, so: Is this mod savegame compatible either through a native savegame or a latest diplomacy version savegame?

Hi Thick

I've donwloaded your mod which sounds great. I'm running WB 1.127 The game runs fine. No sound though just music. I downloaded the sounds from your fix into the sound folder of the diplomacy mod. The readme in the folder says that i need to change

scan_module_sounds = 1

directive in module_info.txt

The directive in the your mod already reads 1 in the module config. However the one in native reads 0 and i cant change it to 1? Help, what am i doing wrong? many thanks! :???:

Waihti said:
Shaofro said:
It says that it exceeds 27 or something like that, but ive been installing the mods one by one done, the blood one, sound and castle one. so far its been a pain but i dont know any other way.

probably related to an incompatible savegame.

i get this error too when trying to load my original diplomacy savegame. is there any way to fix this?

olliegclarke said:
Hi Thick

I've donwloaded your mod which sounds great. I'm running WB 1.127 The game runs fine. No sound though just music. I downloaded the sounds from your fix into the sound folder of the diplomacy mod. The readme in the folder says that i need to change

scan_module_sounds = 1

The directive in the your mod already reads 1 in the module config. However the one in native reads 0 and i cant change it to 1? Help, what am i doing wrong? many thanks! :???:

Hm. What you may try doing is just downloading the More Metal Sounds mod from the mod forum (caravanersai) and installing that into the module folder. I hope this helps.

Jarl Erik the Red said:
Sorry if I missed it, but I couldn't find the answer to my question after reading through this thread, so: Is this mod savegame compatible either through a native savegame or a latest diplomacy version savegame?

From what I have gathered, it is not. :/ sorry about this. I'm going to update the main page with a line that reads "NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE"

*unless someone finds a way to make it so.

thick1988 said:
olliegclarke said:
Hi Thick

scan_module_sounds = 1

Hm. What you may try doing is just downloading the More Metal Sounds mod from the mod forum (caravanersai) and installing that into the module folder. I hope this helps.

Hi Thick thx for the reply. Which version of more metal sounds do i download?

olliegclarke said:
thick1988 said:
olliegclarke said:
Hi Thick

scan_module_sounds = 1

Hi Thick thx for the reply. Which version of more metal sounds do i download?

Youll want the newest. Which is 2.2 i believe.

This worked with a save game from Native.  Are you saying it's not compatible only from Diplomacy -> This or that even Native saves aren't 100% guaranteed to work?

Back
Top Bottom