Dev Blog 12/04/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] If you have been following these weekly updates for some time now, you will know that our aim for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord isn’t just to provide players with bigger, more epic battles, but also to refine existing mechanics from the series and add small details to the game to make it feel more believable and immersive. In this week’s blog, we want to show you another example of how we try to pay close attention to small details by introducing you to a feature which probably won’t catch your eye immediately while playing, but is something which we feel adds to the overall visual fidelity of the game. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/55

The other thing to consider is that a player may have a two handed sword and a shield on their back.  This would clip like crazy with a lot of the aformentioned draw animation ideas.

Something to think about.

Rainbow Dash said:
honestly feels like someone with multiple accounts is trying to turn the game into an ultra realistic unfun experience and is willing to go overboard for it.

And honestly it feels like you people have banded together to troll the **** out of the people asking for a bit more realism, since in no ****ing way have we asked for anything that would make the game less fun.

How does having a real looking ballista make the game less fun?
How does giving straight swords (yes that debate is over) to some people make the game less fun?

Lemme tell you; it doesn't. All it does is make the game more immersive for some people, and does absolutely nothing to the rest of you since you wouldn't really care about it unless we brought it up.

Rainbow Dash said:
Is there something genuinely wrong with wanting Bannerlord to be a fun and good game?
There's something genuinely wrong with phrasing arguments that way. I don't mind people discussing different aspects of the game, but it's a bit frustrating every time one side accuses the other of actively trying to make the game worse, like it's even a thing. Help the devs decide, give them view on both sides, don't just try to shut up some people.

Do not look here said:
Rainbow Dash said:
Is there something genuinely wrong with wanting Bannerlord to be a fun and good game?
There's something genuinely wrong with phrasing arguments that way. I don't mind people discussing different aspects of the game, but it's a bit frustrating every time one side accuses the other of actively trying to make the game worse, like it's even a thing. Help the devs decide, give them view on both sides, don't just try to shut up some people.

+1
Even though I also find this 360 spin stuff nice, I hate it when people accuse others of trying to make the game worse.
Especialy the mob who are against historical accuracy and realism 100% do it.

Some people may find unrealistic stuff game breaking it is completely normal.
My sister and I were playing Far Cry and in later levels there were monsters instead of humans.
She didnt enjoy fighting against them and it was gamebreaking for her.

So even if same does not go for you guys, try to use your empathy  skills.
We all are here for the good of this game after all. :razz:

Yep.  This blog has gone the way of nearly every other blog I have read.  The first three pages are from people who appreciate what has been shown in the blog and they provide positive feedback but from there it degenerates into a bit of a 'whinge fest'.

Thanks Callum and TW. 

Crowcorrector said:
I honestly now just look at these blogs because I find it entertaining to see what random **** TW can scrape up to talk about, instead of discussing interesting stuff like villages, diplomacy, missions, kingship, minor factions etc.  :roll:

I was not dissapointed today,  this ranks up there with camels  :lol:
:lol: But I like the camel blog.

Innocent Flower said:
Of course they're going to add a two handed sword, even if they mostly wanted stuff from an earlier time period than warband.

Why it's bad:
Because they weren't that good at making swords/steel, so anything that big's going to be either rubbish or too expensive
Because for two handed weapons that don't have a lot of reach, you're sacrificing too much protection in a world without good armour.
Because axes, maces, spears and so on need more love.

That said:
Two handed swords, even though they were only popular for a comparatively small period of history, look really cool and have captured the popular imagination so near-everyone expects them there.
It's good for mods.

Personally, I hope two handed swords are high cost items that only the player can buy. You'll never find NPCs using them. But Taleworlds were right to put them in. Or maybe there's a culture that did use them during the more relevant time periods. I have pretty big gaps in knowledge regarding steppe and desert people.

As said before, two handed swords wont be your usual weapon, no troops will have it. It will be some kind of a "hero" type weapon, that only you (if you choose to) and maybe 5 other lords/companions use

Rackie said:
Innocent Flower said:
Of course they're going to add a two handed sword, even if they mostly wanted stuff from an earlier time period than warband.

Why it's bad:
Because they weren't that good at making swords/steel, so anything that big's going to be either rubbish or too expensive
Because for two handed weapons that don't have a lot of reach, you're sacrificing too much protection in a world without good armour.
Because axes, maces, spears and so on need more love.

That said:
Two handed swords, even though they were only popular for a comparatively small period of history, look really cool and have captured the popular imagination so near-everyone expects them there.
It's good for mods.

Personally, I hope two handed swords are high cost items that only the player can buy. You'll never find NPCs using them. But Taleworlds were right to put them in. Or maybe there's a culture that did use them during the more relevant time periods. I have pretty big gaps in knowledge regarding steppe and desert people.

As said before, two handed swords wont be your usual weapon, no troops will have it. It will be some kind of a "hero" type weapon, that only you (if you choose to) and maybe 5 other lords/companions use

I think some battanian troops were shown to be using two handed swords.

I don't like it when only the player can use some things, it make them instantly feel out of place to me. To me, beeing the only one able to use two handed swords would maje me feel like that player that has a hello kitty skin in dragon's dogma mmorpg...

The Meddling Monk said:
Kehlian said:
I think some battanian troops were shown to be using two handed swords.
Yep, those ranger like units that they showed in the German gameplay interview.

Those were falxes though. Yeah, 2h but not your typical 2h great sword.
They are some kind of anti cavalry units I think.

I dont know how accurate they are(nor do I care since they gave scimitar to Aserai and the whole forum was fine with it) but in Rome Total War, if I remember correctly, there were troops with such weapons.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Those were falxes though. Yeah, 2h but not your typical 2h great sword.
They are some kind of anti cavalry units I think.

I dont know how accurate they are(nor do I care since they gave scimitar to Aserai and the whole forum was fine with it) but in Rome Total War, if I remember correctly, there were troops with such weapons.
I'm talking about the archers though. If you go to this part of the video you can quickly see it, and you can see throughout the battle that they have the swords on their backs.

Yeah, I think they take time translating them to other languages, probably be out in an hour

Uesugi Kenshin said:
Rainbow Dash said:
Where the hell is the dev blog?
Is it me or the blogs are coming later and later?

Definitely coming out later and later imo.  I remember them coming out by the early afternoon eg. 1300- 1500 GMT.  Then late releases were arounf 1600-1700GMT.  The past few have been after 1700, usually around 1800.  Right now it's 1802 on my watch so it's sure as **** getting later

Back
Top Bottom