Dev Blog 12/04/18

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] If you have been following these weekly updates for some time now, you will know that our aim for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord isn’t just to provide players with bigger, more epic battles, but also to refine existing mechanics from the series and add small details to the game to make it feel more believable and immersive. In this week’s blog, we want to show you another example of how we try to pay close attention to small details by introducing you to a feature which probably won’t catch your eye immediately while playing, but is something which we feel adds to the overall visual fidelity of the game. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/55

Scenes from the blog:
blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite_03.gif
blog_post_35_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

Yay finally. Thought I waited long enough

Also:
"(Oh, and before anyone comments on the two-handed sword being carried on the back, we are fully aware that this isn’t entirely historically accurate, but we think it looks cool nevertheless!)"

Thanks for noting :grin:

This will be pretty cool and pretty pretty, and as stated it will also give information to the other player (opponent). Really appreciented!

About the new website (for bannerlord only?), when is it going to be published? Ofcouse you need to make it ready fist, and im not asking for a date, Im just wondering if it will be a bit before the release of the game, at the same time, or after?
This isnt about the blog (ugh, sorry) but if you and want (obviously) answer this, then please do. :smile:

Frostic said:
WAAAIIIT IS THAT HUMPHREY IN THE BACKGROUND ?!?!?!?!?
OH, I JUST NOTICED THE CAMEL! "Wacha doin over there boys? A new blog? Can I see it?"  :lol:

Sooo, let us discuss it for a whole week:
But, if you were carrying 4 swords (for some strange reason!)
Strange reason? You mean a double sword technique?? At least it would be cool. If not, I hope at least we can make a mod for it...

this Blog remember me at the arkward moment where i confess a Girl my feeling to her and the awsner was " yeah ... thank you ... "  :razz:

But Great job, looking forward  :lol: :smile:

Rackie said:
About the new website (for bannerlord only?), when is it going to be published? Ofcouse you need to make it ready fist, and im not asking for a date, Im just wondering if it will be a bit before the release of the game, at the same time, or after?
This isnt about the blog (ugh, sorry) but if you and want (obviously) answer this, then please do. :smile:

Another smart way to ask for a release date

I honestly now just look at these blogs because I find it entertaining to see what random **** TW can scrape up to talk about, instead of discussing interesting stuff like villages, diplomacy, missions, kingship, minor factions etc.  :roll:

I was not dissapointed today,  this ranks up there with camels  :lol:

You could make the back-scabbard look really nice if it was done like a sling where the character'd artfully either adjust the sheath from his back to draw the sword, or did something crazy like threw the sword straight up to catch it.

I hope you can choose where to put your sword. I'd like still like to prioritize away from putting swords on your back, and I think most units aren't "MC" enough for sword on back.

Frostic said:
WAAAIIIT IS THAT HUMPHREY IN THE BACKGROUND ?!?!?!?!?

:lol: Humphrey jealously watching the NPC hogging the limelight in his place. Whilst on holiday in a more northerly region of Calradia than he is used to.

I like this feature and the scabbards in that screenshot look really nice, and the GIF looks good two; a bit of clipping on the right thigh area but the jiggle looks realistic. And GIF warrior has two weapons on his right hip, making for four in total! Good job.

Great leather armour.

fbKaE.jpg

Hopefully it's nothing, but his face looks very rectangular as if poking out of a slot. Helmets that hid hair in Warband had more natural/circular openings.

Thanks for the blog. It leaves me wondering if scabbards still use vertex animations to show them full and empty or if a different system is employed in Bannerlord.

Appreciated the value of these new info, though the blogcould have been more satisfying with one more screenshot for the inventory screen.

1-I didnt understand
  This means that if you are carrying a sword, an axe and a club, as can be seen in the screenshot above, they would all be displayed on your character. But, if you were carrying 4 swords (for some strange reason!) then not all of them would be shown.
Will this go for Bannerlord or did you just remind us of WB ? Because if it was for BL wouldnt the sentence be like ''But if you carry 4 swords then not all of them will be shown''.

2-What does that camel do in a Vlandian town, does it belong to the player ?

3-In the SS I see two 2h swords(If I am not wrong) one of them is next to the waist the other one is on the back, so if we have only one 2h sword will it be on my back or next to my waist ?

Edit: On a second look I realised in the gif character already carries four 1h weapons, I got my response for the 1st one so yeah it was said for Warband.

That standard jogging animation looks great, not sure how the IK is really a better way to go if it only achieves a minute difference compared to other engines.

Like, a real physics engine is put to the test when multiple variables are all at play at once. How will the jiggle motion react to falling, jumping, taking a hits, etc etc.

What about shields? Warband allowed for 2 shields with one on the warrior's back (which looked badass). Where would the second shield slot be, or would they just hold it as in Warband?

Back
Top Bottom