Dev Blog 01/03/2018

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][IMG]https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_29_taleworldswebsite.jpg[/IMG] Hump day is behind us and the weekend is in sight; Thursday is upon us and it is time for another of our weekly updates! Grab a cup of [i]camel-mile[/i] tea, sit back and let us introduce you to a new addition to the [b]Mount[/b] & Blade series. [/parsehtml]Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/49

CaptainCrunsh said:
I am very curious. Are we able to change the mounts of our soldiers when we for example enter the desert?
A bigger wish would be: are we able to create our own troop types? This would add so much to the sandbox feeling. It would be great when building your own kingdom.
I don't think that a knight who have never seen a camel before would get battle advantage of it in the desert. Make it so by having 5 potints on riding would be hilarious for me.
Own troop types would be a great feature, it would raising a ton of balancing issues at the same time.

DanAngleland said:
In the era and parts of the world represented in Bannerlord cavalry was very dominant and history tells us that cavalry did regularly defeat infantry in head on charges.

Can you provide any notable examples?

If it were so simple as the infantry bracing their spears against the ground then the history of warfare would have been very different.

Since bronze age, main advantage of cavalary is not in it's head charge, but rather in it's mobility and manouverability. There were few exeptions through the ages, but most of the time this tactics worked.

For example, looking for some quick info on anglo-saxon warfare I found this:

There was no cavalry in western Europe capable of consistently breaking a well-ordered shieldwall, aside perhaps from the Byzantine Cataphracts. This was due to the relatively small size of horses, and the fact that, even with the advent of the couched lance in the 12th century, well disciplined spearmen still presented a major problem for cavalry. This was demonstrated at Hastings when the Normans, who probably were the best cavalry of the period, tried all day to break the Anglo-Saxon line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_military_organization

This is a good idea. I like it.
But it opens up a new dimenson. For example elephants? They were also used in battle. But it would be more difficult. But i also can image a "tiger-rider". :grin:

KhergitLancer80 said:
JuanNieve said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
+juannieve

It is called tugh.
It is basically horse tail.
Yeah with the hair physics we saw in sergeant video I think it would be cool.
Also It would be better on light cavalry as well since like I pointed it out before, Khuzait light horse armour decorations, along with the Vlandian ones, were the most banal even though they are the most light cav focused faction ironically.

Maybe when you customize your lance, you can choose what decoration you want pennon or tugh
Do you know what is the name of this?
rGUJ6XJ.jpg
Maybe they can add it with the normal banners
mandb2.jpg

My bad, I simply called all horse tails tug but the ones that were hanged to the lances are just called horse tail.
The one you asked me about is called tug.
Here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tug_(banner)

I was going to say that it isn't a lance but a banner.
I don't think the Tug should be a customization option for lances as it wasn't a weapon. But it would certainly be nicer to see the Khuzaits with black Tugs instead of flag. If TW or a modder want to be even more detailed, they can code so that the Khuzaits have a black Tug during war and then a white Tug when at peace.

calenarrna said:
But it opens up a new dimenson. For example elephants? They were also used in battle. But it would be more difficult. But i also can image a "tiger-rider". :grin:

from what i know, tiger is to small to be ride by adult man, and as far as extant carnivore, only brown or polar bear is possible. and no record of historical carnivore cavalry outside from fantasy, if that what you imply is for future fantasy mod.

+AmateurHetman

Well it is true that when you say tug you mean the banner but horse tails were themselves a significant decoration in nomad cultures.
They used them with their polearms horse bridles&necklaces as well. So it would be a varietion if it was customizable maybe not with the name ''tug'' but just ''horse tail''. We know that they have some good physics thanks to dhuulga helmet we saw.

Urkhun died, and though his descendants still rule the Khuzait Khanate, the other clans feel that they should be the ones to raise the  nine-horsetail banner that symbolizes the supreme authority. 

They mentioned tugs in their lore for Khuzaits but they also shared an artwork that involved bridles with horsetail yet in gameplay Khuzait bridles dont have them. Also like others Khuzaits carry flags in battles.
P.S: 9 horsetail banner represents authority in nomad culture.

JuanNieve said:
Maybe when you customize your lance, you can choose what decoration you want pennon or tugh.

We do know that pennons are available for Vlandian lances.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Kyll said:
On the homepage the title of the blog post is Camlery instead of Camelry. Has this already been reported?

Fixed, thank you!

Anubi said:
Hi Callum, sorry if i mind your business.. but what does that "soon" wrote under your profile means?

It is just a joke. :smile:

Ahh The Soon joke

Its from Mordhau Forums. That place is cancerous, sorry. I got bad memories with those folks.  :neutral:

KhergitLancer80 said:
+AmateurHetman

Well it is true that when you say tug you mean the banner but horse tails were themselves a significant decoration in nomad cultures.
They used them with their polearms horse bridles&necklaces as well. So it would be a varietion if it was customizable maybe not with the name ''tug'' but just ''horse tail''. We know that they have some good physics thanks to dhuulga helmet we saw.

Urkhun died, and though his descendants still rule the Khuzait Khanate, the other clans feel that they should be the ones to raise the  nine-horsetail banner that symbolizes the supreme authority. 

They mentioned tugs in their lore for Khuzaits but they also shared an artwork that involved bridles with horsetail yet in gameplay Khuzait bridles dont have them. Also like others Khuzaits carry flags in battles.

JuanNieve said:
Maybe when you customize your lance, you can choose what decoration you want pennon or tugh.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d much prefer the the horse tail on the lance than a pennon.
I just don’t think it’s a good idea having a large Tug in a lance intended for combat.

AmateurHetman said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
+AmateurHetman

JuanNieve said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d much prefer the the horse tail on the lance than a pennon.
I just don’t think it’s a good idea having a large Tug in a lance intended for combat.
The tug is only a alternative to the normal banners, maybe they can carry both. Also calradic empire could have this type
a6a1b1ea38694747eceeaf180a7db956.jpg
About the horse tail maybe they could carry with the pennon
MYSCAN_20100323_0013.jpg

hiul said:
calenarrna said:

from what i know, tiger is to small to be ride by adult man, and as far as extant carnivore, only brown or polar bear is possible. and no record of historical carnivore cavalry outside from fantasy, if that what you imply is for future fantasy mod.

But the liger is large enough, isn't it?

How do I insert the picture? where is the SPOLIER ? I found a lot of beautiful pictures of the Turkish cavalry, and I wanted to share it with everyone, especially the MB2 model.

jisiting2960 said:
How do I insert the picture? where is the SPOLIER ? I found a lot of beautiful pictures of the Turkish cavalry, and I wanted to share it with everyone, especially the MB2 model.

You can use the little buttons just above the text box when making a reply or editing your post to add images and spoilers etc.

Alternatively you can type the tags yourself like this:

Code:
[spoiler][IMG]linktoyourimagehere.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

FBohler said:
But the liger is large enough, isn't it?

dunno, but i think its not, considering even siberian tiger which is not much different in size is not optimal for adult (at least thats what i get). beside carnivore cavalry is bad idea, they are hard to tame, their bone or posture is not design to be ride over or getting burdened with,they require meat to feed rather than grass or hay, and probably end up eat their rider and surrounding troop.   

better unleash them without rider like wardog or like boar or ox stampede to breaking/harass enemy formation. and i think even with that, the other animal example is better and more reliable than wild carnivore like tiger.

and as i already mention theres no carnivore cavalry in history (as far as i know) that kind of thing is more in fantasy stuff.

Why not update your blog? I have spent a day in China,I started to wait in the morning, and I spent six hours in front of my computer。
001.jpg 
,the image can't Copy and paste, Lord, what shall I do?

So today isn't another interview. Lets hope its juicy, really want some singleplayer blogs. Also, when do they usually post them? its 9:45am here in America

Dethikus said:
So today isn't another interview. Lets hope its juicy, really want some singleplayer blogs. Also, when do they usually post them? its 9:45am here in America

They usually post it in 7 pm according to my hour.
It is 5:48 pm atm.

jisiting2960 said:
Why haven't I updated my blog, I have spent a day in China?
Bannerlord development team is in Turkey . Which is 5 hours before China. Plus its 22.49 in China. And 17.49 in Turkey.

They generally post their blogs at 5-6 pm in Turkey. Mainly because they have to wait for all the translations of the blog. They are releasing the blogs in 12 languages. Just be patient. If you can't , just forget it and come back tomorrow.

Wanna see the blog in your own language? Here you can(when they publish it) : http://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/15/

KhergitLancer80 said:
Dethikus said:

They usually post it in 7 pm according to my hour.
It is 5:48 pm atm.

Good good, not much longer then. The anticipation is worse than usual today. I think its cause since we interviewed most people, and we'll keep getting these cool blogs with features and content (pics/vids) I think. Hope so at least

: I've been waiting for five days, is this a moment, mainly is my child is only a month, I was suffering at home, or should have closed the lamp to sleep, I still need to use English translation software into Chinese to understand, can only use a computer, IPAD can'twork, no keyboard。

Back
Top Bottom