Resolved defending militia disappeared completely during siege, only garrison left

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: defending militia (265men) didn't enter siege, only garrison (36 men) showed up for the fight on Balgard map, Walls 2, no siege engines deployed (attacker), no walls broken, attacker didn't build any siege weapons. No bombardment. The settlement has originally been in my kingdoms hands but for several days at least been in Khuzait hands. so it's impossible that the militia count would have regularly been zero. Food supplies were also still plentiful. Militia is shown on tooltip after siege (now 266men)
How to Reproduce: I had this happen when sieging Ortysia as well but I didn't document it
Have you used cheats and if so which: no cheats
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:

That happens fairly often for me. It happens most often when the castle/town is out of food. My understanding is that it occurs when the town morale (loyalty) drops below a certain point and I assume its by design. I wish you could tell when its going to happen though. Sometimes when a town is out of food they fight and sometimes they don't and I don't think you can tell the town morale just by looking when you are at war with them.

In the case you described above it would specifically be because of low morale (loyalty). When the Khuzaits took it over they suffered -3 loyalty because of the differing ruling culture. They likely would have rebelled soon even if you didn't attack it. Another nice thing about this situation is that usually you get quite a few new recruits after the battle to help reinforce the town.

if the loyalty of the settlement is under 25, militia does not join sieges.
The settlement and militia think about the owner has a tyrant and not the rightful owner.

Do you have the save file before the siege?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom