Resolved Defenders in Inaccessible Place in Hubyar

Users who are viewing this thread

After cleaning the outer walls of all enemies, my soldiers ran to the opposite side of the compound at Hubyar and congregated around a building they could not enter. I looked all around for a path in, but found none. The only thing to do was retreat.

While looking, I found a passageway in the wall that has misplaced textures. I fell into "water" and saw joints hanging everywhere. It was not a path to where the enemy soldiers were hiding, though, and my men ignored it too.

I have a save game just prior to joining the siege while another army actively fought. I have screen shots of the alley and all my soldiers standing outside the building where the remaining 20 or so enemy were, also the passageway with the poorly-mated textures.

Win 10 Home
i7 CPU
MSI GTX960 2GB GPU
2TB Toshiba HD
motherboard: no idea

Playing 1.4.1, no mods

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. You can upload your save file and screenshots at upload.taleworlds.com. Please insert the link to this thread in the description so I can identify it.

I have a possible explanation. I revisited my save-file and went through the siege again. I followed the men to the alley and noted the door they milled around outside. Then I revisited the town a while later and walked through it. I discovered that the back entrance goes to the town bazaar, and the door in the alley is open when not under siege.

Might it be that the door state shifts from open to shut DURING the siege, trapping some defenders inside?

I have uploaded 2 more screen shots showing these states.

BTW, I am impressed with how extensively that area is modeled! Since you can play the game without needing to walk around inside any of the settlements, that's a lot of honest effort which may go unobserved and unappreciated. Oh, and the passageway with the bad textures? You can see light through the mis-matched joints from the front gate of the town when you enter during a peaceful walk.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom