default command upon player being knocked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
How to change what my troups will do when being knocked out myself ?
I don't like the default charge, cause some of them should be holding position.
I know i can change it after but it's too slow after them charging and results in a mess like
hold in the middle of enemy army. After charge's been started they're there already.

MitchyMatt said:
Press backspace to open up the battle menu during the battle.

This is native stuff people.

I do use the battle orders each battle.
There is nothing in there about what my troups will do if i fall in battle .
I think you're being condescending but you haven't even read the question.
I even said that i know i can give individual orders (from the backspace menu ofc) once i fall but that it's too late to stop
the default charge.
My problem is the default charging in there when i fall in battle.

You can literally tell them to hold positions not a second after being KOed.

There's no way to change it without our code. Just use the backspace command like I stated. You're essentially doing the same thing.

Your troops shouldn't suddenly be in combat a second after you die. They still have to run across the the field to fight, giving you plenty of time to reset their positions.

Or don't die.

I'm doing that alread but the charge is fast and it messes up everything.
I think even archers are moving from the place.
Impossible not to die, i'm playing on max difficulty and they hit for like 74 or even more on head shots, on like 75 armor.
Too much ps and pd on troups i guess.

I am actually quite honored and proud that my soldiers throw caution to the wind and are so overwhelmed with anger and grief when I go down that they charge headlong against the enemy to avenge my death .  ( little so they know I am immortal and can only get knocked unconscious with no long-term damage to me  :grin:

voronius said:
I'm doing that alread but the charge is fast and it messes up everything.
I think even archers are moving from the place.
In that case, be fast as well considering the reissuing of your orders. It's already easier to issue the basic orders, as you don't have to cycle through the F-keys. I don't understand what's such a big deal about the 'charge!' order after you get KO-d. A few clicks and everything is back to how it was. I personally don't have any problems on taking back the previous locations my units had, as they manage to advance like 10 paces at max before I relocate them to their original spot. Keep practicing (especially the switching between the divisions you'd like to select) and you should be good to go. First, order everyone to stand back or hold, and start specifying the location of the different divisions only after, for the fastest results. The advance/fall back orders relative to the common 'hold' spot might be the way to go, depending on your preference (e.g. archers fall back, infantry advance, etc.)

If it's not obvious already, use the deathcam to navigate around, hold positions with your mouse at the location you desire, and if you are not satisfied with the results, then position with advance/fall back or with the mouse again. If the enemy is so close that your units reach them after charging for 10-20 paces, then it can be even better for your infantry and cavalry to charge in, in order to defeat that nearby blob asap.

Yeah i will be fast.
I just have cav recruits at the back that when they get the charge they get
slaughtered. I initially tell them F2 F2 (10 steps back ) and hold and when i die
they rush in battle and die too.
Is there any penalty to morale if you F1 F5 some troups (telling them to retreat).
I think some companions might hate that ... maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom