Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Tkosj said:
Can someone please help me!!
When im writing in an admin pass in the config and then starting up the game and writing it in to the password gap to my server i wont become admin!! my friend is not getting admin either! please help me

You must delete the "#" if you want to have the line active. Exemple:

#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
#set_pass_private PRIVATEPASS  //Delete the red coloured caracter.

I've also a question, when the server is UP, is there a way to have a fast command "Reboot", "Stop" ? That's would be useful.

Basic server RMKS-2G, Processor-ntel Atom / Celeron 1.20+ GHz, Memory (RAM)- 2 GB, HDD Space - 500 GB, Speed - 100 Mbps, Bandwith - 10 Mbps -100Mbps, Setup Fee - 0$, At as low as $25
Visit :resellermarkets

Basic server OMKS-2G, Processor-Intel Atom / Celeron 1.20+ GHz, Memory (RAM)- 2 GB, HDD Space - 500 GB, Speed - 100 Mbps, Bandwith - 10 Mbps -100Mbps, Setup Fee - 0$, At as low as $25
Visit : ovservers

i got my server to work but now i want to swtich from the Napoleonic Wars Module to North and South First Manassas. Does anyone know how to do that?

It depends on what your servers is being hosted.

You need first to drop the North&South folder in "Module" of your server.

Linux: wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_<gamemode>.txt -m North&South
Windows: Edit your .bat, seek for "Napoleonic Wars" and replace it by North&South module name.

Lord of the Flies said:
So lately, I've tried to host my own server again, but it didn't show up.

I don't really know why, but I've done exactly the same, but still it didn't work.

So, what should I do now?

Did your server showed up in local network ?
Did you open the right port ?

Allright my server is running thanks to this AWESOME TOPIC . But here is the kind of problem I am stuck with :
My friend tries to join it he can for maybe 2 minutes then he gets kicked out for connection reset or something like that.
The port in running fine I accepted it through my firewall . ( and it is the same for my teamspeak server )
I don't know if any other people that join my NW server get kicked out after 2 min but it kinda sucks.

I'm having the same issue. My server is using the latest version of the software as downloaded from the TaleWorlds website, but when I attempt to join, it claims there is a version mismatch. It says that I have client version 1.103 and that the server is running an outdated version of 1.102.

Is there a location to download the correct files? Or is there a fix somewhere?

Thank you! Email me if I didn't provide enough information.

--Patrick

Sorry, I have fixed it, you must download another dedicated server files, an updated version of them. I found them some days ago searching in the forum but I dont remember where, maybe in the support section.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom