Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Boomer, i have 2k hours in warband and disagree with you and yes i am "Gen Z"

Oh wow! Well done! ???? Did you become a famous multi-millionaire streamer with those 2k hours? or at least win some championship trophies, maybe a pat on the head from the developers?

I don't have that many hours... I spend most of my time working and looking after my local forest, but eh, I was here before the first Mount & Blade was even released on steam, and we got to "trial" the game for 7 days before buying a CD key. Wish I had my old forum account though... made a good couple of friends and followed a lot of cool modders that made the game far more interesting.

I think this game is going to Mordhau was, that is, the failure in long term. Everyone expected a medieval combat simulator and found it to be a frantic / stressful combat system instead of a tactical game focused on long and balanced battles. For me, they should follow the pattern of the New World, which has a combat system much more evolved and more tactical in general. Yes it is slower, but it makes up for with a much better situational thinking than Bannelord, which is just a niche game with no future when it excludes casual players with its hardcore gameplay.
For those who do not play Mordhau I say that it is hell for beginning players and its player base melted right after launch. Today, he barely manages to have 4k online players, just hardcore players who cannibalize the decadent playerbase.

Last edited:
... Kids will always ruin games for you old fella... that's how it is. They spend their leech years playing games with many failing their potential to get somewhere in real life, while you work and come back to play a little here and there. Might as well just stick to single player, lots of cool games coming out or are already out, that the new Toxic Generation cannot ruin with their ****ty behaviour and "trolling" gameplay. All of these dumb game companies start pandering to them, because they know they are the ones who play the most, unfortunately... game developers forget about the old boyz who were with them, before all the nappy-wearing tinker bells came along.

I'm not gonna bother trying to tell you how ridiculous you sound making this into a "Kids these days" kind of argument. Sorry, kids do play alot more than adults, god forbid they don't see your wisdom before they corpse kick you and say "git gud lmao" if only they knew the great grown man they were disrespecting would take it to heart apparently. Older people do struggle with most skill/reflex based games and also usually don't have the time to learn much. If their source of enjoyment from these games is being able to kick the youngins' **** in then they're likely going to need to try a new hobby. That being said there are many other ways you can enjoy the game. Sorry some people you don't know were mean to you on a video game.

Entering in on this debate of MP with kids versus older folks. Scientifically speaking, they have found that younger brains are able to experience more moments than older brains in the same period of time. To the point where when you a compare a kid versus an elderly person, the kid gets three moments for every moment the elderly gets. In other words, the kid can react three times for each time an elderly person can react. Now, the difference is much less for a young adult or middle aged.

I think I remember reading a study about this but isn't this mostly just with long term memory? As in older folk aren't 3x slower than younger people but just that they will probably only retain about 1/3 of the memory of what just happened.

The whole "Im older so the patch is bad for me because I cant react as fast as these darn kids" Argument is terrible, and heres why. The biggest changes of the patch were changes to blocking and movement.

The blocking was made easier. They removed block delay, and in doing so increased the time during an opponents swing that you can press the block button and still successfully block. They made blocking EASIER for people with poor reaction times. You can start your block much later and still pull it off. This is an improvement to the combat for older people and people who are not as coordinated.

The movement was tweaked to make change of direction SLOWER. People will weave away and towards you much more sluggishly now. This gives you more time to react to people changing direction, and also means if you were a person who played slower before, you will not be at as much of a disadvantage.

Just admit that the real reason you do not like the patch is that its a change. Its new and scary and out of your comfort zone, and therefore you dont want it even though many of the changes directly benefit you. There are multiple people in this thread and in this community who I know for a fact to be 30+, and they support the changes. Most of them played warband and understand what makes Mount&Blade combat click. This is not an issue with age or reaction time or any other excuse, its a problem with your own comfort zone and your resistance to positive change.

What the admiral said. I’m amazed that people think there’s much at all that doesn’t need to be overhauled about the combat. There are many small changes to be made, and this patch moved largely in the right direction.

Oh wow! Well done! ???? Did you become a famous multi-millionaire streamer with those 2k hours? or at least win some championship trophies, maybe a pat on the head from the developers?

No i played it because it was fun, maybe ypu expect those things to happen to you when you play a game but let me tell thats not how the world works anymore Boomer. Lol.

The whole "Im older so the patch is bad for me because I cant react as fast as these darn kids" Argument is terrible, and heres why. The biggest changes of the patch were changes to blocking and movement.

The blocking was made easier. They removed block delay, and in doing so increased the time during an opponents swing that you can press the block button and still successfully block. They made blocking EASIER for people with poor reaction times. You can start your block much later and still pull it off. This is an improvement to the combat for older people and people who are not as coordinated.

The movement was tweaked to make change of direction SLOWER. People will weave away and towards you much more sluggishly now. This gives you more time to react to people changing direction, and also means if you were a person who played slower before, you will not be at as much of a disadvantage.

Just admit that the real reason you do not like the patch is that its a change. Its new and scary and out of your comfort zone, and therefore you dont want it even though many of the changes directly benefit you. There are multiple people in this thread and in this community who I know for a fact to be 30+, and they support the changes. Most of them played warband and understand what makes Mount&Blade combat click. This is not an issue with age or reaction time or any other excuse, its a problem with your own comfort zone and your resistance to positive change.

I do agree with you on the second and third paragraph, but you fail to mention that they also increase everything related to attack, both attack speed, ready speed, changing attack direction, swing speed.

I completely understand your argument. I have said multiple times this a good change. I just wished they decrease some everything related to attack, so that combat in Bannerlord is not as "twichy" as Warband. Do you get me?

I do agree with you on the second and third paragraph, but you fail to mention that they also increase everything related to attack, both attack speed, ready speed, changing attack direction, swing speed.

I completely understand your argument. I have said multiple times this a good change. I just wished they decrease some everything related to attack, so that combat in Bannerlord is not as "twichy" as Warband. Do you get me?

I think much of that twitchyness has to do with a doublehit bug causing hits to happen without animation changes. Im operating under the assumption that a bug that major will be fixed before the live version is released.

I'm not gonna bother trying to tell you how ridiculous you sound making this into a "Kids these days" kind of argument. Sorry, kids do play alot more than adults, god forbid they don't see your wisdom before they corpse kick you and say "git gud lmao" if only they knew the great grown man they were disrespecting would take it to heart apparently. Older people do struggle with most skill/reflex based games and also usually don't have the time to learn much. If their source of enjoyment from these games is being able to kick the youngins' **** in then they're likely going to need to try a new hobby. That being said there are many other ways you can enjoy the game. Sorry some people you don't know were mean to you on a video game.

I think I remember reading a study about this but isn't this mostly just with long term memory? As in older folk aren't 3x slower than younger people but just that they will probably only retain about 1/3 of the memory of what just happened.

Imagine thinking that I was actually some 50-60 year old guy talking about kids being better, because they are kids... I'm talking about behaviour, not reflexes. Just from the responses here, it shows how emotionally hurt these little boys (and whatever other creatures lurk here) get when someone points out their toxic behaviour and inability to communicate like a decent human being.

Even old people can "git gud" at a game, if they just spent their time on it non-stop like all the school kids do. I simply recommended the OP to just stick with single player games if he can't deal with the turd bags of today. Personally, I love dealing with these little roaches, makes it faaaaar more fun to gank and troll all these "i'm the best" kids.

No i played it because it was fun, maybe ypu expect those things to happen to you when you play a game but let me tell thats not how the world works anymore Boomer. Lol.

What a pity.

Imagine thinking that I was actually some 50-60 year old guy talking about kids being better, because they are kids... I'm talking about behaviour, not reflexes. Just from the responses here, it shows how emotionally hurt these little boys (and whatever other creatures lurk here) get when someone points out their toxic behaviour and inability to communicate like a decent human being.

Even old people can "git gud" at a game, if they just spent their time on it non-stop like all the school kids do. I simply recommended the OP to just stick with single player games if he can't deal with the turd bags of today. Personally, I love dealing with these little roaches, makes it faaaaar more fun to gank and troll all these "i'm the best" kids.
Lol try me 1vs1 Ludus. Boomer.

post your k/d

Legendary comment

You know, I love old people. Their experience and wisdom are valuable and there's a lot to learn from them from a practical and historical standpoint. But when you act like an idiot projecting your misplaced ego, most people won't respect you regardless of age. Some people just never grow out of their childhood, because brace yourself, some old people are really dumb, imagine that? They're people too, people do stupid things. You're proof of that. People have been saying "kids these days" for thousands of years. As much as I get annoyed with Gen Z, it's just kids, every new generation acts stupidly. Most of us here vary widely in age, have been playing this game for an absurd amount of time, for good or for ill, and the discussion is with the state and direction of the game, not your bitterness and anger with everything other than yourself and what you like, old-timer.

People who tryhard and master the game should always have the edge in a fight, because they know what theyre doing. People really have to understand that tryhard people will always be the best, because they want to be the best...If you play once a week for a few hours on TDM, you'll never match up to a competitive player, you just wont have the skill for it, you wont learn the game the same way. Why on earth would you expect to? Why would we spend hours and hours fine tuning our skills when a player with 10 hours will beat us because the game simply says this is how its gonna be. Its unfair, and its unfun. I hate the git gud thing, but its a skill based game, you have to put in the effort if you want to improve. Trust me its worth the effort, warband was by far the most satisfying game I've ever played, and I hope Bannerlord gets there too.

Bru, i didn't say i wanna beat tryhard guys by simplifying the game, nope. I tried to explain that game also should include casual players. So if you adjust the game for tryhard people, e-sporters, well i wouldn't try to master the game as it would consume much more energy and time making the game a burden for me not an enjoyment. A ranking system could be very accurate to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom