Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you convinced me. You're absolutely right. Your argumentation is so strong and so deeply rooted into reason, that I cannot make any counter argument against that. I'll now go play another game as dictated.
I dont want to argue anything with you. What is the point? This game it's what it is, and if you thought Warband was dumb you will think Bannerlord is dumb. Instead of yelling and fighting and having pointless discussions about realism in videogames just... play another game, I'm sure there are games that have the approach you're looking for.
Or wait for a mod to put your approach into this game, you could do that too. I have the same problem with immersion in SP, I've realized that the devs just dont give a crap about it despite the high amount of threads I've made, making suggestions and criticizing the game for it. They wont do anything about it, or not yet. So I accepted it and moved on with my life playing better games, waiting for the modders to fix that mess.
Even though this is another matter since a big lot of players disagree with the OP's views which come from a different place, because there are people who do like the Warband multiplayer and its professional side and do not expect a "realistic" (whatever that means) change in Bannerlord. I know I didnt, if anything Bannerlord multiplayer's problem its definetly not lack of what you consider realism, but whatever. Like I've said, it's not going to change, move on with your life.

I dont want to argue anything with you. What is the point? This game it's what it is, and if you thought Warband was dumb you will think Bannerlord is dumb. Instead of yelling and fighting and having pointless discussions about realism in videogames just... play another game, I'm sure there are games that have the approach you're looking for.
I'm sorry but this thread is a thread where you argue and debate. All sides of the debate knew this prior to their participation on this thread. They agree that they disagree and they are willing to discuss their disagreement. I think you should apply your own recommendation; go to another thread.

I'm sorry but this thread is a thread where you argue and debate. All sides of the debate know this in advance and agree that they disagree and they are willing to discuss their disagreement. I think you should apply your own recommendation; go to another thread.
I edited my post and added a few more things. This debate is nonsensical and it's not going anywhere, it's not a command it's a suggestion, do yourself a favor because that realism you're seeking it's not coming in any form into the main game

I edited my post and added a few more things. This debate is nonsensical and it's not going anywhere, it's not a command it's a suggestion, do yourself a favor because that realism you're seeking it's not coming in any form into the main game
Where did you gather that I want realism in the game? This is my position:
I think at this point, there will always be one group who is unhappy with the way the system works. There are just to many different opinions to make a universally appreciated system. I guess the best approach is to have a way to let players fiddle with the speed and timing variables themselves and allow private servers which allow those variables to be easily changed.

... Kids will always ruin games for you old fella... that's how it is. They spend their leech years playing games with many failing their potential to get somewhere in real life, while you work and come back to play a little here and there. Might as well just stick to single player, lots of cool games coming out or are already out, that the new Toxic Generation cannot ruin with their ****ty behaviour and "trolling" gameplay. All of these dumb game companies start pandering to them, because they know they are the ones who play the most, unfortunately... game developers forget about the old boyz who were with them, before all the nappy-wearing tinker bells came along.

... Kids will always ruin games for you old fella... that's how it is. They spend their leech years playing games with many failing their potential to get somewhere in real life, while you work and come back to play a little here and there. Might as well just stick to single player, lots of cool games coming out or are already out, that the new Toxic Generation cannot ruin with their ****ty behaviour and "trolling" gameplay. All of these dumb game companies start pandering to them, because they know they are the ones who play the most, unfortunately... game developers forget about the old boyz who were with them, before all the nappy-wearing tinker bells came along.

You're so entitled, lmfao.

What a funny thread. I'm so glad I don't play multiplayer, seem to be a lot of nasty people involved. Anyway, from a general point of view, as this thread is sadly under General Discussion and not under Multiplayer, click heavy computer gaming is a realm of the younger people with good hand-eye coordination, or exceptional players. And while I find the idea of "E-Sports" extremely ridiculous, cause it's just E-Competition and no sports, in many fields of human life older people start to suck (trust me, I'm a lot older than you, OP), so start to accept it. You also could not expect to win against a well trained 20 to 25 year old as 35 year or even 50 year old in real world melee, if mainly physical power was of importance (like in armored combat where sword skill is nullified to a degree), so use your experience, take a gun and shoot their brain out from cover. :wink:

ok boomer

Entering in on this debate of MP with kids versus older folks. Scientifically speaking, they have found that younger brains are able to experience more moments than older brains in the same period of time. To the point where when you a compare a kid versus an elderly person, the kid gets three moments for every moment the elderly gets. In other words, the kid can react three times for each time an elderly person can react. Now, the difference is much less for a young adult or middle aged.

Well if this is the case, how do older folks beat kids and college age adults in MP? The answer is greater experience and wisdom of course. Form a clan with other players, and use tactics in order to win. Pick a role in the tactical plan that you can be good at.

Last edited:
It was horrible starting in Warband multiplayer. I just wanted to be as good as my single player hero and destroy everyone. But instead I just died over and over again, and rage quit about ten times.

But instead of dumbing the game down for new players, they should have used the matchmaker to separate the skill levels.

You start on a tier one server, and once you hit a certain k/d you go to tier 2, and then on to tier 3 where you can fight pros.

As an option, bad players can fight in higher tiers so they can play with their friends, but good players can't fight on lower servers.

No, I was criticising what you did. No matter who you're arguing against, "Go play another game" is not a proper response; it is rude and it is not an argument.
It is a proper response to the OP's attitude lmao, and it's also correct, the game will not be realistic as he wants it, it will not change because he made a thread so yeah, just go and play another game. Sorry if you consider it rude but it is what it is, chill out a little bit this thread is already heated in nonsense xd

metafa on the MP section is known as a clown, and basically all the competitive players said that they think that the changes are for the better, so I think we should end it at that (also I’ve been playing with a ton of my MP homies for over 8 years)

Ok Boomer, i have 2k hours in warband and disagree with you and yes i am "Gen Z"

It was horrible starting in Warband multiplayer. I just wanted to be as good as my single player hero and destroy everyone. But instead I just died over and over again, and rage quit about ten times.

But instead of dumbing the game down for new players, they should have used the matchmaker to separate the skill levels.

You start on a tier one server, and once you hit a certain k/d you go to tier 2, and then on to tier 3 where you can fight pros.

As an option, bad players can fight in higher tiers so they can play with their friends, but good players can't fight on lower servers.
This is the most correct analysis, functioning matchmaking from the very start(when the MP still had players) would've saved a lot of people from ragequitting and kept things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom