Dear Callum

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow just wow. Do you want to take a few minutes to sit down and get it out of your system. Whilst you do that, you can read this from the developers:

“Early access is something that we are very familiar with: our first title, Mount & Blade, helped to pioneer this method of release back in 2005. By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect."

As you can see they ask for feedback and it is part of how they like to develop their games. I am sure telling them that game is wonderful the way it is will instil in them a desire to further develop the game and add features that the players would like.
Your failure to look into details on anything got you Callum referring you to their statement about Early Access LOL. Your "feedback" is sure helping ? . Thanks for stating the obvious to them and asking questions you could easily of had answered by using the search function on the forums. Most the stuff you asked for is in development and you will see it when it is at a point they feel ready to share. And finally you share the reason you made this post...
That puts you at about 10% complete in four months of the game being in Early Access. That means we are looking at about 3 years before the game comes out of Early Access. I am not criticising but I would prefer complete honesty on it.

Edit: The reason I say 3 years is mainly based up one statement within the Early Access statement:

Just another **** post come to ***** about the progress, thanks for your help. PS if you really want to help, play the beta and report bugs in the Bug Reporting Forum , don't make posts @ people asking for the percentage towards finished.

Negative and antagonistic posts directed toward the staff and game in general won't get anyone anywhere. I've been seeing a lot of that from the same accounts who post on here all day. If you want them to listen to your ideas, a good first step is not to insult them and instead build a rapport.

If you want them to listen to your ideas, a good first step is not to insult them and instead build a rapport.
I agree that it doesn´t help to insult them personally. But ideas are worthless, the game is "finished" and only bug fixing is done. They won´t add new stuff, no matter how much sense it makes.

We need to rely on modders, who are working for free, to get a good game. TW just do the basics. And TW isn´t even doing a good job doing the basics...

Your failure to look into details on anything got you Callum referring you to their statement about Early Access LOL. Your "feedback" is sure helping ? . Thanks for stating the obvious to them and asking questions you could easily of had answered by using the search function on the forums. Most the stuff you asked for is in development and you will see it when it is at a point they feel ready to share. And finally you share the reason you made this post...

Just another **** post come to ***** about the progress, thanks for your help. PS if you really want to help, play the beta and report bugs in the Bug Reporting Forum , don't make posts @ people asking for the percentage towards finished.
So you do not believe that customers who have paid for a product, should have the right to openness and transparency? My question was on how far along in the development is the game and an indication of what sort of ideas are being considered by the developers. For all I know you are right and the new towns and castles are moving along behind the scenes. I do not deny that.

However to state that I do not play the beta version is incorrect and am forever forwarding the information when the bugs, with a description of what the caused the bug. I even state what mods I am using if any, during that process. You do realise that you can do that in game when it crashes?

Negative and antagonistic posts directed toward the staff and game in general won't get anyone anywhere. I've been seeing a lot of that from the same accounts who post on here all day. If you want them to listen to your ideas, a good first step is not to insult them and instead build a rapport.
I do not believe I have insulted @Callum, if you can give me an example of this, I will apologise to Callum for it, as it was never my intention to insult them.

All you really need to know is the the Community Support is @MArdA TaleWorlds and the Community Manager is @Callum, the developers don't really need to spend time answering questions, because that's not really their job (although they can do if they wish), so they shouldn't be used as the main way to get answers and shouldn't be @'d to get answers either.

Last edited:
So you do not believe that customers who have paid for a product, should have the right to openness and transparency?
Do not argue with the fanboys. They think we need to be happy that TW even released this "game". They tell you that there are worse games and stuff like this. They also still believe that TW will add the stuff they´ve shown in dev blogs / Gamescon trailer. They are just fanboys.

Sane people know that the EA release was a quick money grab.

Do not argue with the fanboys. They think we need to be happy that TW even released this "game". They tell you that there are worse games and stuff like this. They also still believe that TW will add the stuff they´ve shown in dev blogs / Gamescon trailer. They are just fanboys.

Sane people know that the EA release was a quick money grab.
Dude don't talk about peoples sanity...

You're here everyday posting up a storm, moaning about a game that you clearly don't enjoy. You post more than any fanboy here! ?

Does the community have expectations for new content? Hell yes. Does the community have any hopes for new content anymore? Hell no. It is something for you to think about maybe.
Funny again and again that people think their opinion is the one of "the community". Do you have any proof besides of perhaps some people in this forum that backs your argumet?Because if you look at steam the ratings are still pretty positive so i would think that most people are fine with the game and how it is handled.

Dude don't talk about peoples sanity...

You're here everyday posting up a storm, moaning about a game that you clearly don't enjoy. You post more than any fanboy here! ?
And somehow I thank him for that. He is like that opposition party in a two-party political system. They are picking, annoying, and sometimes hypocritic. But we need them for the system to work, for the ruling party to be 'decent' at least.

Funny again and again that people think their opinion is the one of "the community". Do you have any proof besides of perhaps some people in this forum that backs your argumet? Because if you look at steam the ratings are still pretty positive so i would think that most people are fine with the game and how it is handled.

I am not in a position to conduct a mass survey. I, therefore, cannot prove you the satisfaction / expectations in numbers. What I can show you, however, is the reflection of "community" in this forum. The community consists of individuals but individuals are not the community itself. If I make a statement like I did above, I do not regard myself as the community; rather I narrate what is going on this forum, which consists of hundreds of individuals and constitute the community as I understand. I surf on this forum more or less on a daily basis; I would say, therefore, that I am kind of aware the general atmosphere here. I see dozens of complaints from people and particularly from veterans. I, of course, cannot assess quantitatively the ratio of pleased/displeased posts in this forum; however, very broadly speaking I would say that I see dozens of complaints and a few appreciation posts every day. My observation is that most of the people, even if not the all, in this forum wants to see developments in the game content-wise. Maybe a few are satisfied with what they have, which I respect, what I observe in this forum, however, is different.

If you think that what I put here is exaggerated, I suggest you to check the forums and see it yourself. If you think that I am delusional about the expectations of the community (present in this forum), I cordially invite you to prove me wrong. Well, you can argue that community in this forum account to very small portion of the Bannerlord community, whatever it might mean. That is something I cannot argue against. I, however, can argue that "the community" in this forum is the only vocal group, who on regular basis gives feedback, follows the game and interacts with others. This forum is therefore different from Steam store page.

Telling them it’s s*** over and over doesn’t exactly keep them enthused either. Or do you like being yelled at by your customers constantly?
As long as there is "people" saying that that turd they sold me (expensively) is chocolate from Switzerland, I will keep oppose and express my discontent.
Already we are getting half baked products, if the "yesmen" philosophy will just be accepted, every single game from now on would be the same half bake crap.

As for being yelled by my customers...my customers leave appreciation notes on the door of the shop, they praise me on social medias, bring me cakes, coffee, all sort of alchool even if I don't drink, some "desperados" who have no money wanna gift me soft drugs (!!!),they come to have a chat, they tell me of their worries or their joys, they come to introduce the new borns to me (literally).....why? Because I BLOODY RESPECT THEM!!!

If I sell something that should be tested, I say so, the price mirrors the level of finish and the fact that they need to test it.
I tell them EXACTLY what sort of bugs they might expect, when they do have "bugs", we both were expecting them, I fix it up quicly and everybody is happy.
But with this modus operandi surely you don't make as much money then the "other way"....

Last edited:
@Callum

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

Not even started as they all look the same.

Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc.

Again hardly been any real adding of quests and the ones we have get boring as you can predict what they will be.

Voice overs: Since the game uses a lot of dynamic text and hundreds of NPCs, we are planning to record voice-overs for only a limited subset of the dialog (greetings, companion introductions and main quest). Some of these planned voice overs may be missing or using placeholder versions during EA.

We have one voice-over so nowhere near complete.

Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

Kingdom management needs a complete overhaul, as it falls far behind other medieval games, clans need more companion options including more roles,marriages, also companions need their skill sets sorted out, companions names need to be better thought out, sieges have loads of work that still needs doing, crafting I won't even go there as it needs a complete overhaul to include fletcher skills and amour smith, skills and perks still need completing, arena needs a complete overhaul, more games in cities like dicing etc, I could go on but will stop there.

That puts you at about 10% complete in four months of the game being in Early Access. That means we are looking at about 3 years before the game comes out of Early Access. I am not criticising but I would prefer complete honesty on it.

Edit: The reason I say 3 years is mainly based up one statement within the Early Access statement:

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

This is a mammoth task you have set yourselves. Every culture would have different buildings, from the wooden forts of Battania to Castle like towns of Vlandia. That alone will take up a considerable portion of the time. It will certainly make each culture unique. However implementing them and keeping the different cultures balanced will be a whole new ball game of it's own.
I liked your analysis except for one point. Yes, %10 percent of the promised content is done yet. But, it wont take 3 years becuase the speed of adding content will only increase as the initial struggles of performance and basics getting solved.

Right now, we are in Early Access, and that is how far along we are in development. I know that sounds like a non-answer (because it kind of is), and what you really want to hear is a specific percentage, but unfortunately, the only way I would be able to give you such a number would be by lying to you, which I am not prepared to do.

However, what I can say is that our original estimate when releasing the game was to spend around a year in early access before the full-release and I think we are still on track for that.
did you see my COOP post? I think you can do coop. I think you can easily do coop.

Can you look into doing coop with my suggestions?

+1. In terms of just harassment, I haven't seen disgruntled forum posters directly @ the TW team to the extent that the side of the community that's satisfied with the game has. The notion that the upset parties of the community are somehow disruptive when the ones constantly spamming the TW team are the ones proposing their inane, half-baked "suggestions", "showing" their appreciation, and doing dumb stuff like the OP of this thread is pure irony.

did you see my COOP post? I think you can do coop. I think you can easily do coop.

Can you look into doing coop with my suggestions?
They can´t even get the basic game working and you ask for coop? It´s like asking an ape to build a rocket, and the ape has the better chance to complete the task :wink:

But really, Bannerlord doesn´t need coop, it´s a SP game. If this game would be "good" we can talk about coop.

They can´t even get the basic game working and you ask for coop? It´s like asking an ape to build a rocket, and the ape has the better chance to complete the task :wink:

But really, Bannerlord doesn´t need coop, it´s a SP game. If this game would be "good" we can talk about coop.
don't **** on it too quickly. I've been ****ting on this game since release, and I have all the other M&Bs with tons of hours. At least, they are implementing fixes the community brought forward, and quashing bugs. I think in total, we can expect them to do 2 things (which they have hinted at, and shown).

1) Increasing enjoyability (IE, MP additions, and bug fixes) -> they literally have quashed tons of crashes, and the game runs pretty smoothly compared to release - a definite win for me
2) Content WHEN its ready. I am sure, I am suuuuuuuure they have lots of things planned. But every time they implement one thing, it breaks another. They are probably only going to throw in features once its thoroughly tested.

**IF TALEWORDS IS READING THIS** - Consider a 2nd experimental branch for players who want to help devs test this, you need MAN HOURS in game to sift through all the effects, you just cant get that with ppl who are working on the game (I assume you aren't paying ppl to play all day, but I could be wrong :wink:)

Back
Top Bottom