Dealing with late-game attrition (how to rebuild my army?)

Users who are viewing this thread

madboy said:
Ok Ian, tell me how you got lvl 49 on day 890 ? I'm in my day 1600+ and my level is 47.

How the heck did you manage to do that ?

Archery genocide on the lowest possible battlesize, most likely. Once you level up archery/horse archery to a sufficient amount if you're good on the battle map you can basically solo lords armies in that case. I'm guessing he keeps a minimum number of troops with him to maximize kills so he gets huge renown for being outnumbered, plus a large number of rounds per battle for the low battlesize.

Montague said:
madboy said:
Ok Ian, tell me how you got lvl 49 on day 890 ? I'm in my day 1600+ and my level is 47.

Archery genocide on the lowest possible battlesize, most likely. Once you level up archery/horse archery to a sufficient amount if you're good on the battle map you can basically solo lords armies in that case. I'm guessing he keeps a minimum number of troops with him to maximize kills so he gets huge renown for being outnumbered, plus a large number of rounds per battle for the low battlesize.
                    Yup.Small army=large Renown-more kills for me equals my level I guess?I try to fight armies that are usually 3 to 4 times larger than mine.I really didn't pay attention to levelling up just having fun in battle killing enemies,hence my unsuse points.I'm guessing you are all aware you get lots of free attribute and skill points from Achievements.I call it auto-levelling. :wink:
                    I don't know.Do you have 33k kills like I do?Do you go hunting for the Heretics,Wolfbode,Jatus,Dread Legion,and other unique spawns like a mad dog?Are you a badass HorseArcher?
                    It a'int grinding if you are having  fun killing enemies.I live for battle in Pendor.All that micro-managing a Kingdom is not for me-gimme something to  shoot with arrows and I'm good.I play Pendor to have fun-that is HorseArchery for me.Don't like it?Not impress?I can live with that. :cool:

No, I'm not a badass horse archer - I'm a horse thrower.  After a dozen or so times of being a horse archer I foud that throwing has more finese to it, at least to me.
....and the bow remains the most powerful kill-tool in POP. 

madboy said:
No, I'm not a badass horse archer - I'm a horse thrower.  After a dozen or so times of being a horse archer I foud that throwing has more finese to it, at least to me.

Horse... throwing.

My mental-image generator seems to have failed me. As has google.

But yeah, trainer. Speaking of which, does Trainer stack past 10? There's a book that boosts it by 2 and i'm a bit afraid to put any more points in it/wondering if it'll even do anything.

how else? can you imagine how they launched livestock into the enemy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0wvGiAH9g (2:45)

well I just grab one of those and shoot the enemy with whatever I can find in the battlefield (mostly horses I find) and throw it towards them..
can you imagine now ?

trainer never goes beyond 10. 8 skill + book is tops.

Hector212121 said:
Horse... throwing.

I think you need to replace textures of throwing weapons with textures of horses.

At least I once saw the results of some player's experiments on this. He fired cabbage, barrels and other stuff from his bow.

Ian Jones said:
Montague said:
madboy said:

Yup.Small army=large Renown-more kills for me equals my level I guess?I try to fight armies that are usually 3 to 4 times larger than mine.I really didn't pay attention to levelling up just having fun in battle killing enemies,hence my unsuse points.I'm guessing you are all aware you get lots of free attribute and skill points from Achievements.I call it auto-levelling. :wink:
                    I don't know.Do you have 33k kills like I do?Do you go hunting for the Heretics,Wolfbode,Jatus,Dread Legion,and other unique spawns like a mad dog?Are you a badass HorseArcher?
                    It a'int grinding if you are having  fun killing enemies.I live for battle in Pendor.All that micro-managing a Kingdom is not for me-gimme something to  shoot with arrows and I'm good.I play Pendor to have fun-that is HorseArchery for me.Don't like it?Not impress?I can live with that. :cool:

Why that weird charachter build as sher also pointed out lol? Seems a bit odd.  :lol:

Whats the battlesize you play on? Do you play on max difficulty with 150-300 battleize or is it low battlesize?

heckani said:
Why that weird charachter build as sher also pointed out lol? Seems a bit odd.  :lol:

Whats the battlesize you play on? Do you play on max difficulty with 150-300 battleize or is it low battlesize?
                At the risk sounding like an echo,I didn't pay attention to leveling just meeting the requirement for equipments and mount,once I got the my PD req for the Ruby Rune Bow and Riding for a Noldor Spirit Horse I stopped adding skillpoints.Again,I repeat,I got a lot of points from Achievements all over-STR,AGILITY,IF,CHAR,Leadership,Tactics,etc. which I really have no control of-hence the accumulated unuse points and uneven appearance of Stats.Why use points to increase Charisma if I can't advance Leadership any further and Renown makes my army larger.Why use points to increase INT when all I get is a +1 to my Surgery and First  Aid(from 11 to 12).
  BattleSize=150

Hector212121 said:
madboy said:

Horse... throwing.

I've always considered finesse to be a combination of timing,aiming,and feel, which to me most PoP weapons require.More finesse?Timing,aiming,feel being quantifiable?Okay.Whatever.
                    Yes ,I gather it requires not just high PT but more finesse to throw horses around just to avoid getting horse poop on you. :razz:

The horses I throw don't poop on me. I make them defecate before the battle. It's easy because they are scared ****less... :smile:

Ian Jones said:
heckani said:

At the risk sounding like an echo,I didn't pay attention to leveling just meeting the requirement for equipments and mount,once I got the my PD req for the Ruby Rune Bow and Riding for a Noldor Spirit Horse I stopped adding skillpoints.Again,I repeat,I got a lot of points from Achievements all over-STR,AGILITY,IF,CHAR,Leadership,Tactics,etc. which I really have no control of-hence the accumulated unuse points and uneven appearance of Stats.Why use points to increase Charisma if I can't advance Leadership any further and Renown makes my army larger.Why use points to increase INT when all I get is a +1 to my Surgery and First  Aid(from 11 to 12).
  BattleSize=150

Hector212121 said:
madboy said:

Horse... throwing.

I've always considered finesse to be a combination of timing,aiming,and feel, which to me most PoP weapons require.More finesse?Timing,aiming,feel being quantifiable?Okay.Whatever.
                    Yes ,I gather it requires not just high PT but more finesse to throw horses around just to avoid getting horse poop on you. :razz:

Do you got full damage to yourself and your allies too? whats the difficulty overall like 150%? :eek:

Yyyyeah. You might want to consider putting *all* points into Intelligence. Why? Because of Qualis Gems. The only thing you *can't* get with Qualis Gems is skill points, and guess what Intelligence gives you?  :facepalm:

Hector212121 said:
Yyyyeah. You might want to consider putting *all* points into Intelligence. Why? Because of Qualis Gems. The only thing you *can't* get with Qualis Gems is skill points, and guess what Intelligence gives you?  :facepalm:

True, however qualis gems is still limited very much as its hard to get them, simply due to the slow repsawning of armies. I think I´ve spoken at least over 500 times the brokers and travellers, about spawns and only 20 or so unique spawns has been there and osme of them gets killed so fast. So i only got around 20 qualis gems. This could be enough, and they keep coming but still. Takes time.

The thing about putting erverything into intel which can be sooo awesome lategame, is that to get to lategame takes wayyy longer, as you´ll have very crappy weapons and stats except for intel. I did it the other way to speed things up and first lategame put things into intel. Makes you feel stupid for not going all intel, but it still worth it for the speed.

Could be fun to do a run full intel tho! :iamamoron: I bet you can get like 40-50 intel :grin: damm so much 10 in  everything, now i gotta do that!  :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

sher said:
heckani said:
is that to get to lategame takes wayyy longer, as you´ll have very crappy weapons and stats except for intel.
Nope.

Not really. Getting to endgame is more of a function of renown anyway. Also if you start with a high strength build you can wear heavy armor and weapons after the free QG's.

heckani said:
Hector212121 said:

I think I´ve spoken at least over 500 times the brokers and travellers, about spawns and only 20 or so unique spawns has been there

You want to ask lords in the field about "Any news..." etc to get spawns to pop.

Montague said:
sher said:
heckani said:
is that to get to lategame takes wayyy longer, as you´ll have very crappy weapons and stats except for intel.
Nope.

Not really. Getting to endgame is more of a function of renown anyway. Also if you start with a high strength build you can wear heavy armor and weapons after the free QG's.

heckani said:
Hector212121 said:

I think I´ve spoken at least over 500 times the brokers and travellers, about spawns and only 20 or so unique spawns has been there

You want to ask lords in the field about "Any news..." etc to get spawns to pop.

That helps too? Damm, that means instead of 500 times it could had been 10000 times by now by all those lords...wow..that really helps too? How much does this help? Can i expect a huge increase in new spawns if I start doing this? I´ll try to always do it now.

How about asking the tavern or steward for "any news reached your ears"?

If you do not ask anyone about news, will they just respawn at a much slower pace?

I think it was mentioned that the taverns etc don't trigger it, speaking to lords is what triggers the spawns.

Otherwise as game time passes the armies will spawn as well. However, talking to every single lord whenever you can will turn Pendor into an invaded hell. With blood diamonds "qualis gems"

Asking both lord and milita´s about any news yields a rumor which has a small chance to trigger a unique spawn. As some rumors are localized, one can kind of steer which army to spawn by doing intensive questioning.

However, the chance is slight (something around 1%) hence it´s a game of chance rather than a reliable way to force challenge.

so, i have question about dealing with my army
my army is cavalery only (190) and i own two cities (Ichnamon and Laria) where i've got Clarions and Falkons, so now i'm not sure what to do if take another city/castle:
1. found another order, but which? best will be with lances, as i rename group as infantry - quicker way to give orders e.g. 1/f2/f2
2. found my own order, but i don't have any gems so far... bad luck i would say
3. do nothing as i'm too lazy :smile:

clock4orange said:
so, i have question about dealing with my army
my army is cavalery only (190) and i own two cities (Ichnamon and Laria) where i've got Clarions and Falkons, so now i'm not sure what to do if take another city/castle:
1. found another order, but which? best will be with lances, as i rename group as infantry - quicker way to give orders e.g. 1/f2/f2
2. found my own order, but i don't have any gems so far... bad luck i would say
3. do nothing as i'm too lazy :smile:
Found the same order over over and over

Back
Top Bottom