Dead Huh??

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambalon said:
Vietanh797: Where exactly did Lyrones give permission to use his work? Anyway, I believe that you must have his permission to make anything for or with the mod. I might be wrong, though.

well I know  that he give permission to that guy(the one I talked about before) because there is many problem relate to that guy's mod
that guy also ask permission to use model and unit texture from 268 B.C
in the end that Medieval 2 mod use M&B model with out permission so he get banned
and I also ask Lynores long time ago(about 7 months) while I want merge his units into "custom town" mod
but only about model and texture.

I will not do anything till May
if Lynores not appear before May I will try to finish this mod after that
it is pointless to wait more than one year because he may have no interest in this game anymore(or may be too busy) so he choice to disappear
I respect Lynores's work so I will wait for his return but anything have a limit

^ In all cases of a mod dying I have seen the creator announce it and offer the position to others, even when they lost interest. And Vietanh I advise against doing anything. You should ask some admin and even then they can't give you permission. As ambalon said you NEED his permission, anyone will tell you that. If you wish you make an altogether new mod.

Sorry, but I don't give a goddamn if he's in the army or if he's gay, it's his own damn business what he chooses to do! Also..... Nevermind, I'm distracting you from your own main topic.

Anyways, if you release.... **** that conversation too. We are over here debating on whether or not we'll get banned for "Adding Material without affecting the original content in any way" when the interested parties could simply contact an aministrator.

Oh yeah... and I wish I could find a copy of teh hegemon mod for Medieval 2 Total war. Yes I know, it was a plagurized mod, but hell, I know that all of the great models are Ealabor's and not Bo-What the ****s his name's.

Mk3390 said:
^ In all cases of a mod dying I have seen the creator announce it and offer the position to others, even when they lost interest. And Vietanh I advise against doing anything. You should ask some admin and even then they can't give you permission. As ambalon said you NEED his permission, anyone will tell you that. If you wish you make an altogether new mod.
god know that I do this for good

If someone start plan trees to save the world and he die or give up will y come and complete his work?
I only want to add more things in the mod so it will come out as a Finished version  but I don't plan to chage the game engine just add which Lynores left for us in mod and continue his work
well if he appear after I already do things I happy to change mod follow his idea after all this is his mod
if you care about rules I care about the ending result

you better do think about result more than care about rules
If you live in a poorer country you might think the same as me

^ This trees analogy is completely different and out of place. It doesn't matter how justified your goal is, in this situation the end does not justify the means. Even if your are gonna make it ten times as good you're not allowed because it's his mod. You can do whatever you want in your own mod. Especially if it hasn't been pronounced dead. Maybe his PC fried. Maybe he's having a hard time. Either way, its not your business. You want to debate the point. Plagiarism is not only illegal, it is immoral, and frowned upon. If you do try anything I promise you, there is most likely a ban in it for you and if not no one will respect your work.

The only options left to you, is a personal mod and an altogether new mod.

Any part of this you can't understand?

I know what you mean but it still legal to do what he allow us to do
like town screen and some LOD to make game more stable I may puplic those things

I might get ban if I do more than that
well it is pointless to explain those to you rich people, you know?

all the other things I will do by myself and enjoy those with my friends as a non public version
even when I can not public those things I still can share with others

Ebin said:
Well, if you guys are done bickering I contacted Archonsod and asked him the question pertaining to the mod. Lynore never gave permission to "Patch" his mod but yet he also never said that anyone could not. So basically you can do it but if lynore comes back and doesn't like it your banned.

I think Lynores would probably appreciate that no one is trying to steal his work or the credit from him. We just really want to play the vision he gave us.

Which is why I say that if you just continue in patches that still require the original mod to run, then well, when he gets back he can take what he wants from it and leave the rest.

EDIT: But remember when/if he comes back, your digital forum balls are in his hands, don't piss him off or he might pop one, or two of them.

See now if you would look it up then.... Oh bother.... I'm just feeding him at this point.

Anyways.... Yes, back on topic. So who all is going to do this mod team?... Oh wait.... Dmitri started this thread to tell other people to mod it for him.... lol this thread has gone to hell.....

Alright, so lets go ahead and make a list of items which need to be addressed for this mod shall we?

To start this off:
-New Map
-New Music
-New Animations for Blocking and stabbing
EDIT: -Possibly add Persians as was the poll winner earlier.

Care to add any anyone?

Most importantly would be the map and kingdom's, maybe change of dialogue and scenery quite a big job. companions, too

Mk3390 said:
Most importantly would be the map and kingdom's, maybe change of dialogue and scenery quite a big job. companions, too
agree about the dialogue and scenery
map and kingdom's is too big to handle(well I never try work on those before :mrgreen:)

about guy over there I think what "Masturbate less" mean is "don't think yourself too high"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom