SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

gaham1 said:
Obsidian wasn't in abundance of where the true Dawn of (modern) Man happened.(Africa close to egypt) Althought the Homosapiens did have more advanced weapons than the neanderthals. The Homosapiens had much larger brain capacity and were able to outgun the neanderthals even if the neanderthals were more built for combat and the iceage.
This mod is set in a fictional setting however, also, I believe that Homo Sapiens are in this mod as a minority, although a powerful one. Another thing, the first recorded uses of Obsidian took place in about 700,000 B.C.E, far before the Modern Man was around.

lilkurt said:
actually they're brains were probably larger than ours as their skulls were larger, their skeleton structure was generally thicker and stockier, suggesting they were also much stronger than homo sapiens. Also Neanderthals didn't evolve into homo sapiens, they were sort of a "cousin", basically just a different human species. some scientists or archaeologists or whatever believe that Neanderthals may have been killed off by homo sapiens, who were more adept at hunting in groups and were more innovative in their hunting techniques.

The question is: Why would you not know this by know? Also, Europeans, Asians and Arabs, we all possess the same small percentage of DNA which existed in Neanderthals. Africans is the only group which does not have it. This is considered a large indicator that the first humans to migrate out of Africa interbred with the Neanderthals. Sure, the Neanderthals are believed to have been stronger than the first humans, but they lacked in endurance compared to the human, when either walking or running. Could this be a factor as to why the Africans are such great runners, but bad fighters?  :???:

Nah, I'm joking of course!

Bert Preast said:
actually neanderthals' brains were the same size as ours, and their weapons and tools were probably in similar stages of development.  that would make for a very dull mod though, so i'm fully in favour of presenting them as stereotypical stumpy grunting cavemen.

well done to all involved for getting this mod off the ground again, can't wait to up clubs and go hunting  :grin:

strange, ive heard different information that newer research has shown that neanderthals did not infact make same quality tools as homo sapiens and the tools that have been found from old neanderthal sites were traded to them.

lilkurt said:
actually they're brains were probably larger than ours as their skulls were larger, their skeleton structure was generally thicker and stockier, suggesting they were also much stronger than homo sapiens. Also Neanderthals didn't evolve into homo sapiens, they were sort of a "cousin", basically just a different human species. some scientists or archaeologists or whatever believe that Neanderthals may have been killed off by homo sapiens, who were more adept at hunting in groups and were more innovative in their hunting techniques.

bigger brains does not equal more intelligence, there's more factors that determine if brain activity is effective.

Well he never stated that it would mean they were more intelligent, now did he? The fact that they had bigger brains could basically be the same reason that humans had bigger brains than today: To allow for better instincts needed in nature, and also to support the stronger muscles in the body.

lets just say the neanderthals were dumb and big and hom sapiens were taller and smarter. This is better to believe in and then you can stop clogging this great mod up with which was better.

DarthTacos, are you the mod leader now? Also my original account seems to be deleted or something.... anyways nice to see this mod still being worked on!  :smile:

SirNight333 said:
DarthTacos, are you the mod leader now? Also my original account seems to be deleted or something.... anyways nice to see this mod still being worked on!  :smile:
I'm not the leader, but I am in contact with the mod leader, also the issue has been addressed on the forums a few times in the past few pages.

Hey just downloaded the mod and noticed the no damage. I did some forum reading a page or two back and saw that it will be fixed in the next patch. Any idea on when the next patch will be? Desperately wanting to give this game some good quality play-through time! (I bet it sounds terrible with me asking when the patch will be, but I'm eager to club ;D)

i love how numerous people have mentioned the same problem about damage obviously without even reading the page their posting on, as its mentioned numerous times on this page alone. and as for the discussion homo Neanderthals and homo sapiens, none of us will truly know exactly what they were like, the differences in their societies (evidence shows that they both had very cosmopolitan societies and probably wouldn't have been that different, the main differences probably being language i.e. ours was likely more advanced or at least we were better at communicating hence our believed ability of better teamwork) or anything about them unless someone on this forum has a time machine, in which case pm me because that could turn into an awesome friday night

SmurfInHell said:
Hey just downloaded the mod and noticed the no damage. I did some forum reading a page or two back and saw that it will be fixed in the next patch. Any idea on when the next patch will be? Desperately wanting to give this game some good quality play-through time! (I bet it sounds terrible with me asking when the patch will be, but I'm eager to club ;D)
Same problem and question here!

lilkurt said:
i love how numerous people have mentioned the same problem about damage obviously without even reading the page their posting on, as its mentioned numerous times on this page alone. and as for the discussion homo Neanderthals and homo sapiens, none of us will truly know exactly what they were like, the differences in their societies (evidence shows that they both had very cosmopolitan societies and probably wouldn't have been that different, the main differences probably being language i.e. ours was likely more advanced or at least we were better at communicating hence our believed ability of better teamwork) or anything about them unless someone on this forum has a time machine, in which case pm me because that could turn into an awesome friday night

I however did some reading before I went off asking questions. I noticed the no damage will be fixed in the next patch.

Seriously though if you get a message about a time machine... I'll see you Friday night.

I think the no damage bug is related to this :
cmpxchg8b said:
Do you have a ti_on_agent_hit trigger? In 1.142/1.143 they added the possibility to change damage by setting the trigger result. Maybe inside the trigger you do something (like getting a troop skill) that has the side effect of setting the trigger result to 0. That wouldn't explain the behavior on Native, though.

So basically, adding
(set_trigger_result, -1),
at the end of  ti_on_agent_hit trigger is enough.
And it can be done directly to  mission_templates.txt file too, in waiting for the next patch of the mod so it will be playable with the last version of WB.

hey :smile:

i want to play the mod :grin:
but i've the newest version of M&B, could you tell me where i get the old version so i could play it?
aaaaaand will there be a version of the mod for the actuall M&B-version? :razz:

I've only read back to the page 73, there was to much Sabertooth-Obsidian-Ignorance-Discussion for me^^
(yes i'm ignorance and i should read all^^ shame on me)

Thanks for your help :smile:

br

ler

Back
Top Bottom