SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello again all, I'm damn busy as of late.  Mod is not dead.  Curse seems to have taken it easy for the moment.  *knock on wood*.  I'm being PCSed to Germany though, so It'll be a while before I'm up and running again.  Maybe if I have some free time I'll throw you guys a bone or two though.  :grin:

This mod scared the crap out of me.  I got trampled by wolves, who were constantly "neighing" like a horse, then when I finally got knocked out, the wolves started cheering like men.  Really quite frightening.

Yeah, I haven't really gotten around to fixing that.  I just need to replace all the horse sounds with empty sound files, and make a skin type with no voices for 'animal rider' agents, then use a script to randomly play sounds for different animals.  I'll get to it eventually >.>

I tried the beta. I love the concept, but I think that we need a new map. Calradia is very common. Also, most of the dialogue should be changed.

"NO, me bring rock"

"You be work for clan"

"You hunt lions"

"You know I be lovin' brickfuss"

And other prehistoric phrases...

Good to hear from your Zarthas. I don't think any of us expected this one-man project to be an easy ride to release. Good luck to you.

Prehistoric talk is a bad idea. Unless you want it to have a B movie feel, but I personally wouldn't like it.

I was thinking maybe give the cannibals a unit that uses javelins that have been set alight, kind of like a Fire Shaman type troop. I've been REALLY enjoying it, though. Fighting on foot is awesome, I do not miss horses at all.

Are thrown rocks and skulls supposed to be more accurate (and deadly) than thrown axes and javelins?

VonTawast said:
BATUBATUBATU said:
Prehistoric talk is a bad idea. Unless you want it to have a B movie feel, but I personally wouldn't like it.

And what exactly do you mean? Could you explain more expanded to me please.
I think he means the " TheEvilGermanGuy want food hot, TheEvilGermanGuy will steal the fire from other village UGHABYGHAUU!..." kinda talk. :lol:

Exactly. "Me big strong" would just get irritating after a while. I'm all for a mod being fun-loving (TEATRC comes to mind) but you want to make jokes, not be a joke.

Baronfuming said:
I tried the beta. I love the concept, but I think that we need a new map. Calradia is very common. Also, most of the dialogue should be changed.

"NO, me bring rock"

"You be work for clan"

"You hunt lions"

"You know I be lovin' brickfuss"

And other prehistoric phrases...

Referring to this guy.

I'm pretty sure that's up to the mod team itself to make it like a ''B movie feel'' or not hahah, it's all up to the skills and really, what your intention how to make it really is.

Ok, I want to start by saying this is absolutely amazing. Usually, I play as a horseman/knight of some sort, simply because its the only way to be competitive as a warrior. I do not miss horseback combat at all, this is great. The idea is great also. This time period has always interested me, what it was like for these different branches of Homo to meet. Very unique as well, tons of games have ancient and medieval Europe mods, feudal Japan mods, all the others...but the dawn of man is left out almost  completely.

Great stuff, now I have something besides Falcon's Eye to get my Caveman fix.

One thing I would ask you to incorporate...You have wolves...why not have some way to include them in your group? A pack of dogs rushing in to help tear down my enemies sounds great. Maybe they should not be hireable, but when you hunt a pack, you can knock them out and capture and recruit them like regular warriors? Not sure.

Good to see people are still picking up on this mod :grin:  Progress is sloooooooooooooooooooooow right now, I usually just make a new item or balance a unit or two when I have an hour to myself. 

One thing I would ask you to incorporate...You have wolves...why not have some way to include them in your group? A pack of dogs rushing in to help tear down my enemies sounds great. Maybe they should not be hireable, but when you hunt a pack, you can knock them out and capture and recruit them like regular warriors? Not sure.

The Hill Folk have domesticated dogs, and they kind of exist in the my current build of the game.  I gave certain animals a melee attack, and I'm working on a 'getting mauled animation' for when people get bitten by wolf or dog.  Also trying to tweak wolf and other predator AI to be a little more sneaky, circling around you and such, rather than just charging right in.  We also talked about maybe being able to capture young versions of animals after a battle, and using a Taming/Animal Handling skill to domesticate them.

Animal system is still high on my priority list :grin:  You'll get your fix Mr. Aðalbrandr.

On cave-speech and such.  Well, yeah, it would be a little silly.  Right now the 'Ugguwa' ape-men creature guys just spout some gibberish at you when you encounter them, but that'll be as far is it goes I think.  Cave-men probably wouldn't sound that daft to each other, but they won't be quoting Plato or having a discourse on existentialism either.

Then again, I do have a pretty tongue-in-cheek motif running with this thing.  We'll see how it goes.

On whoever was talking about thrown skulls and rocks.  You're right  :neutral:  I need to rebalance some of that stuff.

Fire-throwing cannibals.  I like it.  I'll see what can be done.

Back
Top Bottom