SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Users who are viewing this thread

@Grand Theft: Boomerangs are in game actually  :smile: Loin cloths are actually in the works, and they'll be replacing the native 'trousers'.

@Wild Rover: Yeah, I'm trying to work out to make barter-based mercantile.  If I can get it all together, there won't be any currency.

@ People generally wanting animals to fight: I too would love this.  Problem is, it's never been done, and I'm not 100% sure it is possible.  However, I'll be looking into it.  I think it is possible for riderless mounts to deal charge damage to agents, so if I could rig some mounts with some aggressive behavior, it could work out.  Another issue is though, its not possible at the moment to deal damage with a melee weapon to a riderless mount as far as I know.

@WhiteArcher: No.  :lol: Can't make any promises on that right now.  There's a lot on my plate.

Zarthas said:
I'm thinking about getting an alpha out pretty soon.

I thought the signatures were funny :razz: I was starting to think I was the only one.

Very good news about the alpha !  :grin:

Oh, an alpha, that is what I am expecting since I joined.
Used to like the paleolithic modm I am REALLY looking forward to this, I love prehistorical games!
This looks like it is the ****.

And I laughed a bit when I saw the sigs, I liked the idea  :lol:.

I have an idea about hunting. For example: you go hunting boars. Boar has an invisible rider called "boar spirit". You have to kill the spirit to get meat and fur. That would make boars more aggressive, and can be hit by melee weapons.
It is a little complicated, but not impossible.

Wild Rover said:
I have an idea about hunting. For example: you go hunting boars. Boar has an invisible rider called "boar spirit". You have to kill the spirit to get meat and fur. That would make boars more aggressive, and can be hit by melee weapons.
Invisible rider was my idea, too, but would an unarmed rider aggressively use their horse? If armed, what weapon would you give an invisible rider that would make sense?

The thought's occurred to me.  The current hunting system is you just fight a bunch of unarmed dudes. :shock:  However, everything else about it works  :razz:.  I can play with invisible riders maybe.

Maeglin Dubh said:
Wild Rover said:
Invisible rider was my idea, too, but would an unarmed rider aggressively use their horse? If armed, what weapon would you give an invisible rider that would make sense?
I would give a tiny weapon with weapon reach 1. That would make it almost invisible and useless.

EDIT: Will copper be in game? If so, I suggest to not make copper weapons. Flint was actually better for making weapons. Copper was used for jewelery and as valuable trade resource. 

Wild Rover said:
Maeglin Dubh said:
Wild Rover said:
I would give a tiny weapon with weapon reach 1. That would make it almost invisible and useless.

EDIT: Will copper be in game? If so, I suggest to not make copper weapons. Flint was actually better for making weapons. Copper was used for jewelery and as valuable trade resource. 

juz give the boar a high charge damage and no weapons for the rider and there you go. The ai should attempt to ram your men (as enraged boars should) and they would not deal damage from other weapons beside charging.

edit : the problem that would cause is that after (if) the boar dies before the rider. Your men will be whacking at some invincible person armed with his fist.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
edit : the problem that would cause is that after (if) the boar dies before the rider. Your men will be whacking at some invincible person armed with his fist.
This is not a problem. Just give a lot of HP to the boar.

Wild Rover said:
Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
This is not a problem. Just give a lot of HP to the boar.

Indeed, it should be possible to just take a lvl 1 person without armor, and put it on the boar so it will die almost instantly while the boar should take the hits of 5 elite soldiers. Besides that it is possible in the troop editor to set the standard troop skills (7 str 5 agi) to 1 str and 1 agi, and since that is possible in the troop editor, I take it for granted that the module system can do the same. Done that the invisible troop will already die by just falling from his mount
(the boar) and that is what we want. And perhaps if you manage to kill this 'boar spirit' without killing the boar itself you could have a rare change to loot a 'Tame Boar' to ride. That would be like super-epic. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom